BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dyer was never that much! Skysports have him down as £6 million, as do a few other places. Surely the Emre fee is just guess work as well as it was never announced, but I'd be astounded if a Turkish club would pay that for him considering how little he'd played...they generally don't fork out that much on transfer fees over there.

Dyer was never that much! Skysports have him down as £6 million, as do a few other places. Surely the Emre fee is just guess work as well as it was never announced, but I'd be astounded if a Turkish club would pay that for him considering how little he'd played...they generally don't fork out that much on transfer fees over there.

Go on then - why do you think players values drop so quick at Newcastle LC?

Go on then - why do you think players values drop so quick at Newcastle LC?

I have no idea, not having a decent manager since Keegan Mk 1 doesn't help. They're just a notorious graveyard for players - especially defenders.

What are the chances of us insisting on a 50% sell on clause in bentleys deal? Just seems so wrong to give arsenal a huge chunk. Can't think of anyone else in our team liable to have a clause though which is good.

And, if they're turning in such profits it begs the question; how come they were 80M in debt when Fat Ashley bought/rescued them & why can't they afford to buy Warnock?

nicko

when bentley goes-will we be looking to get a winger in quick or is emerton still getting chance to impress??

on the jermaine pennant thread-someone mentioned that when bentley does go-a deal for pennant looks set to happen(someone close to the club told him this-and also mentioned you could back him up)-have you heard anything else??

ive heard 4million with installements up to 6million..

There are a couple due in on trial and others being watched.

Castillo was coming - some of that style is needed - fresh legs, strong.

And, of course, the MK Dons lad we are not allowed to mention.

It makes you wonder how bad Castillo was if he didn't shine next to Mokoena :blink:

1) No-one could really have predicted Villa would come in with such a silly offer for Friedel. I think we've robbed Spurs blind on that deal for Robinson.

No doubt there's one of your favourite 'sell on' clauses attached to the contract Simon. ^_^

Man City do not have that kind of money, they are trying to sign Ben Haim on LOAN. His agent is Pini Zahavi, who started flirting with Sparky when he was angling for a move from Blackburn. Zahavi is also mates of Kia Joorabchian who is conducting most of City's transfer business just now.

Zahavi is also the agent of Benayoun, another player linked with City today.

I don't believe City have the money to afford Roque - unless they sell Micah Richards.

Unlikley bedfellows. An Iranian and an Israeli. I wonder what their common interest is? :rolleyes:

I said that either you or Ince were lying and that I hoped it was you. Turned out to be Ince :angry:

Hardly the best start to win over the fans.

Why is there so much talk about Newcastle on here?? Chatting about what players they have made a profit on in the past, this has nothing to do with Rovers, who cares what Newcastle are doing, the only thing related to them is Warnock and Duff.

Then half of the other stuff seems to be about Gareth bloody Barry, who gives a toss about Barry, he has nothing to do with Blackburn unless were interested in signing him which is news to me!

What I like about him now is he's gone and we have £12m to replace him with. A luxury never afforded to Hughes.

What a supreme irony. Hughes has made us at least 50m and had to feed off crumbs from the table for 4 years whilst Ince has done sweet FA, is not even qualified to manage in the Prem and is handed a Kings ransom as soon as he sits in nthe hot seat. I could weep.

So all this about us letting Friedel and Bents go, Villa release their best player and so do Spurs with Keane gone and Bentley to follow. I think were in a similar situation to Villa.

So Villa are trying to replace their best player from the ranks of MK Dons too are they?

Relevant part is that the Mail article says Liverpool have offers on the table for Pennant and Benayoun - would this mean Rovers for Pennant? (Rather we went for Benayoun)

Me too.

One question! Bentley wanted to join a top 4 club. And he ends up at Spurs who came after us in the league. Its all about the money. Bentley ££££cash in his eyes. He had a three year contract. We should get at least £18m for him.

One question that's been asked hundreds of times. :)

He never said top four, he said "Champion's League or Europe". With attacking players like Berbatov, Modric, Dos Santos and now Bentley, as well as a world class manager, it's quite obvious Spurs are going places...even though that will be very hard for us to accept. I think there were also rumours of Bentley wishing to move back down south, but I could be wrong about that.

That post has been moved to the 'Bentley' thread.. which is where this one should be!!

Is there any chance we'd be interested in Inler at all? Seen him a couple of times and he'd be just what we need, good engine and gets a couple of goals too. Saw your story about Inler and the comment on Arsenal having to sell before they buy and hoping against hope.

Archived