BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record, Amo was amazing.

Remember his header on his debut against Wolves.

Remember his freekick against Fulham?

Remember when he sat next to me at Anfield?

Awesome.

Awesome.

Well he certainly wasn't the best CB we have ever had (by some distance), but also he wasn't the walking disaster area that some of the more hysterical plonkers on here have tried to make out. And, off the field, you could not wish to meet a nicer guy. A real gentleman; unusual amongst today's footballers (again by some distance).

:o i am not a very jolly man these days, but that has nothing to do with the recent going ons at rovers. get a grip!

as of now we have sold bentley for good money. we could never have gotten more. so what with the sell-on? that was already set in stone.

we have traded friedel for a top keeper in robinson, and we are getting a potentially excellent kid from chile.

+ robbie fowler will probably play a bit for us, but practically for free. its no biggie.

santa stays and so does warnock. what is there to panick about?

nothing on the takeover nicko?

You don't call almost getting relegated again a major effect? :huh:

Brad Friedel and Damien Duff almost single-handedly got us into 6th place that season under Souness. The rest of the team, generally, were dire. (Although Berg and Tiny had a swansong).

Well he certainly wasn't the best CB we have ever had (by some distance), but also he wasn't the walking disaster area that some of the more hysterical plonkers on here have tried to make out. And, off the field, you could not wish to meet a nicer guy. A real gentleman; unusual amongst today's footballers (again by some distance).

Correct.

Awesome.

Damn straight. I was so excited when we signed Amoruso. Sure, he used to go missing at the back, but he was a fabulous player to have.

Awesome.

Remember when he just watched the ball sail over his head and let Anelka run through on goal to score a last minute (or maybe even injury time) equaliser when we drew 3-3 with Citeh a few years back?

Look forward to seeing who the right wingers we are looking are.

I would think if Pennant is top of the list, then I wouldnt be getting too excited.

Nicko could you confirm that the sell on was 50% over 3 million or is it just 50% as some papers are saying?

Is there any truth that Daniel Planchería is having a Blackburn trial?

Courtesy of a very good PMer that is correct...thanks for the name I couldn't find it out despite the Barcelona B keeper tip I got two days ago...

Eh? We've lost 2 (enks and brad) and signed 1 (robbo) so we actually have less

Fielding, Brown, Nielson.

I suppose if Nicko is right about Brown being on his way out then it would make sense as we would have lost our first and second choice keepers and they would need to be replaced.

Maybe he's being brought in to play at RB :lol:

Look forward to seeing who the right wingers we are looking are.

I would think if Pennant is top of the list, then I wouldnt be getting too excited.

Nicko could you confirm that the sell on was 50% over 3 million or is it just 50% as some papers are saying?

I heard 50 per cent of the profit. I believe Rovers paid around £3 million-plus for Bentley. So they will have to give half of the 'profit' - half of £12 million - to Arsenal - and split the other £2 million when it comes in.

How can The Sun claim the sell-on clause as an exclusive, by the way?

Laughed when I saw the Stock Exchange confirm the story that some were trying to dismiss or hide. ;)

Fielding, Brown, Nielson.

I suppose if Nicko is right about Brown being on his way out then it would make sense as we would have lost our first and second choice keepers and they would need to be replaced.

Maybe he's being brought in to play at RB :lol:

My point was currently we have less Goalkeepers than when Hughes was here so your complaint doesn't fit at this point in time.

P.S. I dunno about Brown but isn't it Fielding that's supposed to be leaving (Chesterfield)

Archived