BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

Hey, Nicko I read your snippet of last night's game. I heard Robinson was unlucky with that deflected shot and actually made a fine tip-over later on... but you neglected to mention that, eh? :P

If you read the match report you would see both were mentioned.

Newspapers can be quite handy.

There was NO other national paper at the game, so you better get the Mirror...while stocks last.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

regarding the transfer kitty:

hughes/williams said earlier this year that they had approx 10 million to splash because they had been saving up since last year. that makes sense, and was in different papers. its FACT.

the 3m from trustees was also in the papers with quotes from the club. its FACT. http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/sport/fo...Rovers_funding/

so we spent a million on robinson. that should leave us with AT LEAST 13m. but probably more if we really need to.

If you read the match report you would see both were mentioned.

Newspapers can be quite handy.

There was NO other national paper at the game, so you better get the Mirror...while stocks last.

Actually, my copy of the Mirror just has the words 'disastrous' and 'gaffe', and no mention whatsoever of Robinson's acrobatics.

hughes/williams said earlier this year that they had approx 10 million to splash because they had been saving up since last year. that makes sense, and was in different papers. its FACT.

There will be a link then?

Actually, my copy of the Mirror just has the words 'disastrous' and 'gaffe', and no mention whatsoever of Robinson's acrobatics.

The word 'gaffe' was never used by me.

There is a complete match report in the edition up here.

the 3m from trustees was also in the papers with quotes from the club. its FACT. http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/sport/fo...Rovers_funding/

so we spent a million on robinson. that should leave us with AT LEAST 13m. but probably more if we really need to.

I may be in the minority here , but i think it would be wise to hold some of whatever transfer pot we have back , just in case things aren't looking too clever in january?

"Rovers are believed to be banking an initial £15 million for the England international, with future add-ons tied into the deal."

Now that's saying there is NO sell on clause. True or false?

False.

Spurs are giving us a payment of £15m which we're banking. Just because they didn't mention that we would then have to make a payment to Arsenal doesn't mean there isn't one.

hughes/williams said earlier this year that they had approx 10 million to splash because they had been saving up since last year. that makes sense, and was in different papers. its FACT. WHAT IS FACT IS THAT HUGHES HAD STATED HE HAD BEEN GIVEN £10MILL. DOESNT MEAN THAT INCE HAS BEEN GIVEN THE SAME AMOUNT.

the 3m from trustees was also in the papers with quotes from the club. its FACT. WHAT IS FACT IS THAT IT WAS REPORTED THAT THE TRUST HAVE RESTARTED THE £3MILL PAYMENTS. DOESNT STATE IT WILL BE ADDED TO THE TRANFER KITTY. IN FACT, JW COULD'VE INCLUDED THIS IN ADVANCE IN THE 10MILL HE ALLOCATED TO HUGHES.

What is fact is that none of us actually know how much the club have made available for PI, neither will we ever know. Neither should we.

What is fact is that none of us actually know how much the club have made available for PI, neither will we ever know. Neither should we.

I'd have got there if you'd have given me enough time. :lol:

I was going in that direction, but at a much more leisurely pace!

The word 'gaffe' was never used by me.

There is a complete match report in the edition up here.

From the online version -

By Alan Nixon 31/07/2008

Paul Robinson had a disastrous start to his new career at Blackburn following his £3.5million switch from Tottenham.

On 29 minutes a deflected free-kick from Joe Byrom sent the keeper the wrong way.

Why not write

Paul Robinson showed some fantastic form on his debut for his new club.

Despite an unlucky early deflected goal which Robinson could do nothing about, he kept his composure and made a magnificent acrobatic save late on to ensure Rovers came away with a 2-1 win

hughes/williams said earlier this year that they had approx 10 million to splash because they had been saving up since last year. that makes sense, and was in different papers. its FACT. WHAT IS FACT IS THAT HUGHES HAD STATED HE HAD BEEN GIVEN £10MILL. DOESNT MEAN THAT INCE HAS BEEN GIVEN THE SAME AMOUNT.

the 3m from trustees was also in the papers with quotes from the club. its FACT. WHAT IS FACT IS THAT IT WAS REPORTED THAT THE TRUST HAVE RESTARTED THE £3MILL PAYMENTS. DOESNT STATE IT WILL BE ADDED TO THE TRANFER KITTY. IN FACT, JW COULD'VE INCLUDED THIS IN ADVANCE IN THE 10MILL HE ALLOCATED TO HUGHES.

the fact is it was reported to be 10m in the kitty. then came the trustees and put 3m into the club. that makes 13 million AVAILABLE for spending. doesnt mean they will splash it. but im pretty sure that if they need to spend, they will. hughes had planned a lot of signings, and i dont think all of those plas went out the window as soon as he left.

I'm guessing that they're talking about Ince saying that other managers coming in for our players has been "bang out of order".

There was always going to be speculation around BRFC players, whether we had a new manager or not. Bents already made it clear he wanted to leave. RSC's name was being banded about. Its not a new problem, but I suppose Warnock/Newcastle is a good example of the vultures swooping in and trying to unsettle things. I think that the problem was probably started by Warnock himself though, when he was quoted as saying he wasn't happy when Hughes went and he played a big part in him coming in the first place.

Why not write

Paul Robinson's first action was to pick a deflected free kick out of his own net...that is a disastrous start in my book.

He made an excellent save a minute or two later.

Both were mentioned in the report.

He had a 'fantastic game' you say...and you were at the match?

As I Understand: We need:

1 real right back

1 right midfelder

1 left midfelder as cover for Gamst

1 left back if Warnock should leave

1 central creative midfelder

that could be 5 new players arriving.

JW was quoted ih the LT yesterday saying the first priority in midfield was a defensive/holding player.

Archived