BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

Nicko, Is Robbies "Big Game" tonight? Will they decide on him after that game or are they going to give him a few more weeks?

Interesting to see how he does. He wants to join, the manager wants him to be fit enough...we shall see.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perfectly capable of conceding goals.

And you call yourself a football reporter :lol:

You say Coloccini will probably get the most yellow cards in the PL next season if he signs....

Played all Deportivo's league matches last season and got 3 yellows. So you might get pretty good odds for that bet!

Nicko, I thought the £3.5 million for Robinson was a pretty cheap deal, is it likely that Williams and Levy set a lower price for Robinson (say £1 million less) and adjusted the Bentley fee downwards in order to deny Arsenal some of the sell on money?

As for Ince's other transfer targets are Rovers likely to be looking abroad to fill those slots? Ochs sounds a definite possibility as a right back but wondered whether there might be other British based options.

Finally, can you explain why so many people have a downer on Andrews when they know diddly squat about him? The one guy who would know him inside out is Ince and he has the most to lose if he couldn't hack it. We definitely need more numbers with the new 7 on the bench rule coming in.

I hope that Barry ends up staying at Villa. I hope he is the professional i think he is and plays his heart out for AV. Fat Rafa and the rest of the lot like him(Calderon -real) are nothing but, back stabbing, trouble-making arses. Its trully hard to say if fat rafa ever really wanted Barry but, actions tend to speak louder than words. I hope Gareth Barry plays the rest of his career at Villa and becomes a legend. Just the like the good'ole days when a players stayed with his club. I don't think Barry wanted more money, he wanted to go to a team that could spend more money on players and gain some silverware. Just like anyone else. I wish the worst of luck for 'pool and fat rafa. Maybe the legs will fall right off the players or terrible jock-itch or foot-rot. If Barry does stay, Chaulk one up for moral justice!!!!

I see Bassong has signed, but I think he is just a squad man.

My info is that Newcastle still want Warnock - whether they plan to bid more cash or try to push the Duff thing is up to them.

We are still in for Warnock but that has slowed down due to us trying to tie up the Coloccini deal everything was agreed with him and with Depor but they suddenly wanted more money so not sure were that is now.

If that one goes through within the next week we will be straight back in for Warnock and as i understand it straight cash deal no Duff unfortunately

If that one goes through within the next week we will be straight back in for Warnock and as i understand it straight cash deal no Duff unfortunately

What are Keegan's plans for Jose Enrique then, I thought he was quite popular up there? Surely he doesn't want three left backs?

What are Keegan's plans for Jose Enrique then, I thought he was quite popular up there? Surely he doesn't want three left backs?

I personally rate him very highly as do many of our fans think he will be a great player in the furture but if we sign Warnock then he will quite rightly go in as first choice.

Would expect Enrique to be sub but i know there are alot of teams in Spain interested , Valencia in particular wouldnt expect him to stay if Warnock comes but he will be a great player for whichever club he goes to and a future spanish international

We are still in for Warnock but that has slowed down due to us trying to tie up the Coloccini deal everything was agreed with him and with Depor but they suddenly wanted more money so not sure were that is now.

Thank God :rolleyes:

Interesting to see how he does. He wants to join, the manager wants him to be fit enough...we shall see.

According to people on this board he's as fit as he's ever been and they have photo's to prove it.

Any idea of a fee if Warnock looks set to leave - seems like an £8m player or even more seeing as it's to Barcodes.

According to people on this board he's as fit as he's ever been and they have photo's to prove it.

Any idea of a fee if Warnock looks set to leave - seems like an £8m player or even more seeing as it's to Barcodes.

6 million plus

I personally rate him very highly as do many of our fans think he will be a great player in the furture but if we sign Warnock then he will quite rightly go in as first choice.

Would expect Enrique to be sub but i know there are alot of teams in Spain interested , Valencia in particular wouldnt expect him to stay if Warnock comes but he will be a great player for whichever club he goes to and a future spanish international

Bassong is a left/centre back back though isn't he? And with Coloccini coming in then Bassong isn't going to be starting in the centre. Surely it would make sense for him to be the back up whilst he adjusts the English game? I just can't see Warnock, Jose Enrique and Bassong being able to play enough games between them this season to be happy, especially as there's no European football to bulk up the number of games.

I'm not doubting your interest in Warnock, more suggesting that it will probably be the end of Jose Enrique if you do get him. I just find it strange that Keegan is putting time/money/effort in to a part of your team that isn't broken when other parts of it obviously need more attention.

Bassong is a left/centre back back though isn't he? And with Coloccini coming in then Bassong isn't going to be starting in the centre. Surely it would make sense for him to be the back up whilst he adjusts the English game? I just can't see Warnock, Jose Enrique and Bassong being able to play enough games between them this season to be happy, especially as there's no European football to bulk up the number of games.

I'm not doubting your interest in Warnock, more suggesting that it will probably be the end of Jose Enrique if you do get him. I just find it strange that Keegan is putting time/money/effort in to a part of your team that isn't broken when other parts of it obviously need more attention.

He may also have something to do with Enrique not being to forward thinking like Warnock. Enrique is pretty solid at the back but doesnt really no waht to do beyond the halfway line yet.

I would love to have both but i agree cant see us keeping both happy.

As with Bassong he hasnt officially signed yet but would only expect him to play when we are down to the bare bones.

I'm hoping that we put our foot down on selling the likes of Roque and Warnock after the sales of Bentley and Brad. I think it will send out a seriously bad message to the fans if another key player was to go and it also sends out a message to other clubs that we are selling club and any player can go at a price.

We need to put our foot down and say no, even if a player doesn't like it.

He may also have something to do with Enrique not being to forward thinking like Warnock. Enrique is pretty solid at the back but doesnt really no waht to do beyond the halfway line yet.

I would love to have both but i agree cant see us keeping both happy.

As with Bassong he hasnt officially signed yet but would only expect him to play when we are down to the bare bones.

Have you lot ever turned in a profit on a player?

Four-year contract, full-time deal...no mention of a fee yet. I can't believe they are paying any kind of cash for someone who was a free a year ago.

Agent Zahavi and his pal Joorabchian seem to be doing all of the deals there. I wonder if the manager really wanted him.

Who is going to be dropped to let him in the team? Richards? Dunne?

It's Billy Smarts Circus.

And they still won't be signing Roque...

Perfectly capable of conceding goals.

Chris Bailey of the M.E.N. cant seem to write an article these days without mentioning RSC. Either he's towing the party line or he's seriously out of the loop.

Is that list right? I didn't think you managed a profit on Dyer and Emre. Surely the rest were very small profits as well.

Profits were a couple of million Aye

Dyer bought him for 6 sold for 8-9

Emre bought for 3.8 sold for about 5

Archived