BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dutch Winger In On Trial

ebenrocks

Ince probably asked for Beckham, and because of his silly voice somebody mistook this for 'Bechan'. Oh well, at least he is a winger, what we've all been asking for since Bentley opened his fat mouth. No harm in checking this guy out is there!

Whilst fervently in the "Give Ince a chance" camp I'm finding the club's activity (or lack of) in the transfer market increasingly depressing. It cant help having to work the Rovers board and the Trust but things like this are just embarassing.

Whilst fervently in the "Give Ince a chance" camp I'm finding the club's activity (or lack of) in the transfer market increasingly depressing. It cant help having to work the Rovers board and the Trust but things like this are just embarassing.

Why is it embarrassing to look at a guy who is available? He might be rubbish in which case we won't take him but we've brought in enough players who were going nowhere at other clubs to know that sometimes it's just finding the right player for the right club that matters.

We've given trials to players that have been turned down by clubs before. Nelsen being one good case that gets trotted out. If he matches up to what Ince is looking for, fair dues go for it, if he doesn't, meh. Much better than splashing out and only then finding out that he's pish!

Why is it embarrassing to look at a guy who is available? He might be rubbish in which case we won't take him but we've brought in enough players who were going nowhere at other clubs to know that sometimes it's just finding the right player for the right club that matters.

I think that the club that has released him and the two who've had a look and thought "no thanks" says it all. If he's not good enough for League 1 and the SPL how on Earth is he good enough for EPL? I get what you say regarding trials but at least Fowler has pedigree. Whatever you say about trialing this lad I, for one, find it embarassing I'm affraid.

Rather than scrabbling around at the bottom of the barrel, why not put our faith in Alan Judge?

Oh, I know why. He's not experienced. We need a guy who has encountered Ajax, Hercules and Cyclops - regardless of whether he came off a terrible loser.

I'm sure Judge will be used during this season, if his form in preseason/reserves are anything to go on and with Ince giving youth a chance, but having Bert, Judge and AN Other to play in that role won't hurt.

i dont think its embarrassing Mrs Gumboots, the problem is that he has been let go by a few clubs now.. If he is a direct replacement for Bentley(ie if he is recognised as the quality replacement), then it will be classed as embarrassing. He is only on trial, but if Ince gives him a go, then we will judge him accordingly. My impression is that Ince has realised that he made a balls up,in finding a right winger and now feels the need to find one on a free or something...

I think Ince is well aware that he shoul dhave got a right winger! He desperately wanted one - but on deadline day it was a combination of wrong attitudes and over priced players. I apply some blame to Ince, but by no stretch of the imagination is this the "Bentley Replacement"! Judge has more chance of that....

Looking at this guy is just a highly speculative move. It is extremely unlikely he will be much good, but we might as well see what he has to offer. Sometimes you can be suprised. 90% chance he will be moved on.

It's the word embarrassing i don't understand. Plenty of other clubs are still looking round the list of free agents to cover positions where they didn't find a player at the right price prepared to come to them. He doesn't sound promising I admit, but only if we sign him and he flops would I find him embarrassing. Even then there have been plenty of flops who looked promising and plenty of unpromising players who turned out to be better than they'd so far shown.

It's the word embarrassing i don't understand. Plenty of other clubs are still looking round the list of free agents to cover positions where they didn't find a player at the right price prepared to come to them. He doesn't sound promising I admit, but only if we sign him and he flops would I find him embarrassing. Even then there have been plenty of flops who looked promising and plenty of unpromising players who turned out to be better than they'd so far shown.

There aren't many Premier League clubs sniffing around Hercules rejects who have pitched up at Leeds and Inverness. That's what I mean about embarassing.

Get trialists in by all means but I would hope they would be of a certain standard comensurate with our standing.

I think that the club that has released him and the two who've had a look and thought "no thanks" says it all.

There are plenty of players who have been written off by a few clubs and one takes a chance and they grow in ability. Not that i am saying this one will, normally players are younger but it doesn't take alot for a player to have a bad trial and then that's your chance gone.

Did anyone watch Socceraid last night, I thought that the guitarist from McFly (Danny something) was the outstanding player on the pitch - he played right wing and got good balls into the box. Maybe we could give him a trial.

If Ince takes players like this on every agent in the world will be calling looking to send other rubbish/has beens over. How hard is it for Ince too realise 9.5 times out of a 10 a free player a waste of time and free for a good reason.

Giving a player a trial does not mean Ince is going to sign him. You're getting as bad as some of the other ultra negative downer on Ince posters!!!

Archived