BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Formula 1

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to sound worse with every update.

"During the course of his examination they established that he suffered a serious, life-threatening injuries including loss of consciousness and a fracture of the forehead on the left side and a fracture on the base of the skull."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/8168807.stm

Some photos have been released onto net. Shows the damage and how importiant helmets are.

755343.jpg

That is some damage to his helmet there, reports on the F1 coverage says he is responding well to treatment, I wish him all the best and hopes he makes a full recovery.

Well done to Lewis Hamilton on his victory today, also more safety concerns after the plastic part on the outside of Alonso's front wheel came off and that was then shortly followed by the wheel itself flying off, this was due the wheel not being locked on properly

Good news with Massa being stable and responding well to the treatment.

Lewis destroyed the field today and underneath it all probably let out a lot of frustration.

When the top 3 drivers get out the car at the of the race, on the way up the stairs to the podium they have all the grid girls clapping and they totally ignore them. I know the drivers are millionaires, robot drivers etc but if it was me I couldn't resist having a chat on the way up, perhaps lay some foundation work. That's probably why I'm not a F1 driver, to many distractions though Lewis does have pussy cat doll!

formula1-girls.jpg

It does seem strange as cars have lost wheels before, it seems that the stewards are concentrating on the fact that the pit crew knew that the wheel was not secured but still let him go back onto the track, also the team failed to tell Alonso his wheel was not secure.

As you say it's possible that they could get it overturned or maybe a reduced penalty such as being moved down the starting grid for the next race.

Interesting in that link where they mention the possibilty of Alonso driving for Ferrari in the Euro GP should the ban stand, would Renault allow him to drive for another team for one race.

I think Henry Surtees' death, and Massa's accident has made the FIA very sensitive about these things. I think Renault didn't tell Fernando as they all knew how grumpy he gets when his team cocks up, and hoped he'd be OK. Alonso could be loaned to Ferrari until the ban is over so he doesn't get punished for his team's mistake, as Grabbi Graeme just mentioned.

If Massa is out for a number of races, who is the reserve driver for Ferrari?

Bet you any money Schumacher outperformes Raikonnen in every race left.

I'll take that bet. I suspect he'll be a little rusty for the next race with practically no experience in the car until race weekend. I get your drift though - in time I think he will outperform him.

I'll take that bet. I suspect he'll be a little rusty for the next race with practically no experience in the car until race weekend. I get your drift though - in time I think he will outperform him.

Schumacher still works for Ferrari as an advisor so I would think that he has had some time in the car although probly not race milage, will be interesting to see him race again, but seeing as he's not chasing a championship I don't think he will be forcing drivers off the track :D .

He was a ferarri test driver for this season so he has had time in the car, albeit not race time.

Schuey last drove an '08 spec car for a Ferrari fan day earlier in the year. He is no longer an official test driver.

The '09 cars are so different to anything he's driven for the past decade. He's allowed NO testing. He'll also be driving on a some brand new (for him) circuits such as Valencia and Singapore.

I think he'll he do a great job and it won't take long for him to settle back into it, but I don't think he'll paste Kimi.

Remember, for every single year of his F1 career (except one), he drove cars designed by Rory Byrne in a team run by Ross Brawn. Those guys aren't there anymore... Ferrari is a very different beast to the one he left in 2007.

Archived