BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Formula 1

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant see this happening. Still think it will get sorted. If 8 teams set up their championship, the viewing figures and sponsorship for F1 will drop dramatically, whilst the other teams would recieve less interest as they did when in formula 1. Also cant see the drivers being that happy about it

Does anyone know which teams have agreed to stay in F1 and those that agreed to form a new championship.

I cant see this happening. Still think it will get sorted. If 8 teams set up their championship, the viewing figures and sponsorship for F1 will drop dramatically, whilst the other teams would recieve less interest as they did when in formula 1. Also cant see the drivers being that happy about it

Does anyone know which teams have agreed to stay in F1 and those that agreed to form a new championship.

I suspect it's just willy waving on the part of the F1 guv'nors and the teams but I'd love it to happen, if only to stick 2 fingers up at Ecclestone.

Deja Vu for US open wheel followers. Will only lead to disaster if it happens.

agreed, if they split the league up I don't think it will turn out very well, but at the same time many of the other teams simply do not have the means to support F1 any longer. I can see if the league doesn't split that 2 or 3 more teams will likely drop out in the next few years unless things change. Having said that I think it would be interesting if the teams starting incorporating new ideas into the races such as hybrid technology; less pit stops would give teams an edge and the introduction of new technology such as this might equal things out on the track as teams like Ferrari as far as I am aware do not have an active hybrid engineering program.

It won't be a disaster at all. It's nothing like the IRL/CART split that happened in the USA.

You will have the FOTA series...what we are watching now..except for Williams..with probably ProDrive and Lola thrown in.

And Max's F1 series..which will be Williams and a bunch of no-hopers.

Max's F1 series will go belly-up before the season is finished. CVC will go bankrupt and try and sue Max'n'Bernie for everything. Max'n'Bernie will try and sue FOTA...presuming Bernie doesn't stab Max in the back and go and work for FOTA himself.

Max will be deposed from the FIA, the new president (perhaps Jean Todt or Ron Dennis) will be elected and tell the FOTA teams "Come back, all is forgiven" and normal service will resume in the FIA 2011 F1 World Championship.

The 2010 FIA World Championship will forever be listed with an *beside it to denote that it was a Clayton's championship.

The teams hold everything. They have the drivers, they have the cars that people pay money to watch. CVC holds the marketing rights and takes a 50% share of the revenue but it doesn't own the assets that generate the revenue or give the marketing rights their value. The teams own all the assets and generate all the revenue that make F1 what it is.

CART had the drivers and the teams, but they were the ones who went tits up in the end.

We'll never know, though, as Max has cut a deal and agreed not to run for another term.

Right, now all that nonsense is out of the way there is one remaining thing to be sorted out. Silverstone.

310,000 people over the weekend during a recession. Fantastic weekend and I don`t think its any coincidence this FIA / FOTA war has been sorted out after seeing what F1 is really all about. Its easy arguing the toss at Turkey when a crowd of 30,000 turned up but when motorsport came home it was a reality check.

The race must stay at Silverstone. The fans demand it, the teams demand it and the drivers demand it.

Right, now all that nonsense is out of the way there is one remaining thing to be sorted out. Silverstone.

310,000 people over the weekend during a recession. Fantastic weekend and I don`t think its any coincidence this FIA / FOTA war has been sorted out after seeing what F1 is really all about. Its easy arguing the toss at Turkey when a crowd of 30,000 turned up but when motorsport came home it was a reality check.

The race must stay at Silverstone. The fans demand it, the teams demand it and the drivers demand it.

You'll probably get your wish Alan. Possibly lost amidst this weekend's wazzing contest but Bernie Eckerslike did announce that if Donington can't stage next year's British GP then Silverstone will.

I would have preferred a break-away series. I'm not sure how much of this will really change things in the long run.

At least they got rid of Max.

However much I'd have liked to see Bernie and Max get a bloody nose (well 1 out of 2 isn't bad) the rival series would've gone to Sky and the sport would lose its mass appeal the same way boxing has (football and, to a lesser extent, cricket and rugby are not subject to this but minority sports really suffer when removed from free-to-air telly).

• 3 weeks later...
Anyway, enough of Button, let's talk more about Mark Webber. Isn't he fantastic? :D

:D

What's going on here... just because Button doesn't win a race, no-one wants to talk about F1 anymore?

Webber took 103 races to get his first GP win.

Button took 113.

Hakkinen 99.

Mansell 72.

Go Webber go!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watch the qualifying farce today. No one knew who finished where. Funny to watch though.

Serious accident to massa though. A big part of debris bouncing along the track, bounced up and hit him in the helmet down a back straight. Seemed to knock him unconcious which resulted in him going straight on into the tyres. Didnt think it was that serious but sounds worse than first thought:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/8168807.stm

I think Lewis was 4th.

Nasty accident that with Massa. The first impact from the debris and then the impact of the tyre wall at high speed makes you think he was not with it judging by the line he took after the debris hit the helmet.

Apparently Massa is ok but won't be racing tomorrow.

Quote from the national

The front of his Ferrari was shredded. Its front nose open, both front tyres absent.

Movement in his arms then confirmed consciousness and no sickening repeat of that fateful race where Senna was lost.

Following treatment from track-side medical teams, Massa was airlifted to hospital by helicopter, where doctors confirmed him as “stable.”

Barrichello initially told media he believed a rear bar or rear spring had fallen off - “something broke” - but made no mention of Massa’s crash.

After visiting his countryman in the medical centre, he then told Brazilian TV: “He was very agitated. He had a cut in his head, which could have been from the part of my car that was on the track.”

Adding: “He was talking, was conscious, but they have to analyse the cut.”

Archived