BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Formula 1

Sometimes waiting for a decent overtaking manovuere is like waiting for a goal in a game. Sometimes someone will overtake around the outside and sometimes the ball will hit the top corner. Other times its a stalemate and a 0-0 draw.

Juan Pablo Montoya was talking about how NASCAR has more passing in one lap than F1 has in an entire race.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And basketball has more points in one game then any two teams score in a season. Whats your point? They are different sports entirely.

Or when they do overtake some one complains and then points are deducted!

Bet you can`t give me 5 examples.

And basketball has more points in one game then any two teams score in a season. Whats your point? They are different sports entirely.

Which is why you've seen more than one driver go onto both circuits (and MANY examples of open wheel drivers going to stock car racing), yet never seen a pro basketball player go play professional football.

I've also seen good drivers take crap cars and do decently in NASCAR, so I guess you have a point there, that would never happen nowadays in F1.

Juan Pablo Montoya was talking about how NASCAR has more passing in one lap than F1 has in an entire race.

NASCAR is effectively a spec series as well.

Anyway, here are some pics from yesterday:

DSC01346_resize.jpg

DSC01356_resize.jpg

Maybe so, but don't they only drive on oval tracks? That just doesn't do it for me. Hopefully McLaren will sort themselves out so Lewis can have a crack at some front end racing.

I hope Braun can win some races this year, I am more interested in the cars and the teams than the primadonna driving them, the same goes for Moto GP, when the TV commentary talk about a race it usually revolves around the drivers or riders and not the machinery that got them there.

I have a soft spot for Williams as they were the top team when I started watching the sport in the early to mid 1990's, and hate Ferrari as they seem to be the F1 version of Real Madrid or Man Utd. I like certain drivers, like Lewis as they are talented and aggressive. Button does my head in as he is vastly over rated and never lived up to the hype.

I also like looking at old races for the simple reason of looking at the old shapes of the cars, teams that have long gone etc. Can anyone remember when Williams were red, yellow and white? Or when Simtek existed?

Just watched the repeat of the qualifying, nice to hear that theme tune the Chain back, Hamilton put back to 18th because he has had to change his gearbox, anf both Toyota's moved to the back of the grid due to their rear diffusers being illegal.

I hope Braun can win some races this year, I am more interested in the cars and the teams than the primadonna driving them, the same goes for Moto GP, when the TV commentary talk about a race it usually revolves around the drivers or riders and not the machinery that got them there.

Its Brawn, as in Ross Brawn :huh:

Terrific race, plenty of overtaking and incident, and the perfect ending! Great victory for Button, though it looks like Vettel, Kubica and the two Ferrari's are certainly going to be there or thereabouts this season (if they don't all run into things like they did today!)

Lewis who?!?! :lol:

You were saying!!

Great drive from 18th up to 4th even if it was due to others hitting each other. He did his job as did Jarno finishing 3rd after starting from the pitlane. Rubens was all over the shop and still finished 2nd and as for Jenson, well he nailed it. Amazing story for Brawn GP. Fantastic race. Full of incidents and OVERTAKING. Close racing like we all hoped for. Great start to the season.

Archived