BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Formula 1

Got Button at 25/1 to win the title.

Button is on pole today but my hunch is to back Vettel.

Hope you just stuck to your original bet mate, it's looking like a corker. Might have mentioned it to the rest of us a bit earlier though ;)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't realise the other manufacturers were thinking of leaving too.It would be good to kick out Bernie and Max though. You are right about the politics and courtroom nonsense that has made Hamilton consider quitting...

Erm..Lewis Hamilton and Dave Ryan lied to the stewards!!!

I know, but there was an interview in which he said he has been annoyed with the courtroom battles a few weeks ago. He was probably reffering to the nonsense last season, the diffuser row this season and so on. Frankly I'd have supported him if he quit after winning the title last season after the FIA tried to give the title to Massa.

That wouldn't be for me to decide would it? He can go back to school and be an architect or join the RAF.................whatever he felt he could do. Just because you are a sportsman, it doesn't mean you have to have a career related to sport. Same for actors, who are deemed to have failed unless they are still acting and in big budget films and TV shows.

Hope you just stuck to your original bet mate, it's looking like a corker. Might have mentioned it to the rest of us a bit earlier though ;)

I was actually telling anyone that listen to back Button for 2010 knowing that Honda were piling all their resources in to this car. I didn`t expect them to get it up to speed so quick but after the 1 pre season test they had, it was obvious that is was quick so I chucked the bet on. A few weeks before you could have got 100/1.

A small side tale which made me chuckle. Was chatting to my neighbour about F1. His wife`s boss is a big fan and mixes in the F1 circle of folk. He reckons the rumour is Bernie was one of the getaway drivers at the great train robbery which is where he started to amass his fortune!

Honda realised in early 2008 that their car was a dog, so they put all their eggs into the 2009 basket very early on. The other teams that did this (Williams, Toyota) have also benefited.

Toyota are threatening to quite because of the new 'two-tier' regulations. So are Red Bull, and Ferrari..and BMW...in fact everyone is.

I hope the FOTA stick together and withdraw. It's the only way to get rid of Max and Bernie and bring reality back into Formula One.

There is no leadership, no direction..no vision for F1. Max changes the rules and regulations every few years as he sees fit as an endless game of political smoke and mirrors. Meanwhile, Bernie and his banker friends continue to screw over all countries for higher licensing fees every year.

I'd love to watch Max and Bernie try and sell F1 for 60 million licensing fees without Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Toyota, BMW and Renault.

Would you pay 50 quid to watch i-Sport, Arden, Campos and race in 'Formula 1'?

Would be interesting to see one or more of the track owners pull a Tony George and split off into their own series.

For those who don't know Tony George, he owns the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, home of the Indy 500. He was worried about the spiraling costs if the CART series, so broke off and started his own series, using the Indy 500 as the centerpiece. CART ended up folding into the IRL a year or 2 ago.

Ferrari have pulled out of next years formula 1 over the budget cap row. I cant imagine formula 1 without ferrari. Its a massive blow to the sport and a great shame in my opinion.

I dont see why they are so opposed to a budget cap. You would think teams would greet money saving measures with open arms in the current economial climate.

Ferrari to quit F1 over budget cap

Woah there!!!!!! Ferrari are only threatening to pull out. They have no intention of doing so but are making the strongest point possible to the FIA that they are unhappy with new regs coming in next year. As are most of the other teams. Its just political shananigans. This one will rumble on for a while but they will all come to an agreement of sorts at some point.

Woah there!!!!!! Ferrari are only threatening to pull out. They have no intention of doing so but are making the strongest point possible to the FIA that they are unhappy with new regs coming in next year. As are most of the other teams. Its just political shananigans. This one will rumble on for a while but they will all come to an agreement of sorts at some point.

The headline on that weblink I posted has changed about 3 times since I posted it. When I first posted it read that ferrari are definately going to quit f1. Now its only they might do! Typical journalists

Those who abide by the budget cap have different technical rules, i.e. their engines have no rev-limit and they will have no aerodynamic restrictions.

So you'd have Formula One cars racing against Formula 1.5 cars.

Why don't they put a reasonable cap on (one that would satisfy the owners) and let them develop whatever they want for the machines. They shouldn't be allowed to patent ideas as that could turn F1 into a one horse race. After all, many of these developments eventually filter down to the average car.

Because Max Moseley wants the manufacturers out of F1...he always has. He and Bernie want to rule the roost and take their traveling roadshow to tin-pot countries run by dictators and earn the big $$$'s.

Re : technical development, you must always restrict the development of the cars from a safety aspect. Otherwise the cars get too fast and they kill the drivers and spectators.

Take your point re technical development. I assumed that safety was implied in my reply.

I meant things like the "skirt" the Mclaren (I think) put on their car and was subsequently disallowed. Didn't that make the car handle better, or am I mistaken.

Take your point re technical development. I assumed that safety was implied in my reply.

I meant things like the "skirt" the Mclaren (I think) put on their car and was subsequently disallowed. Didn't that make the car handle better, or am I mistaken.

I'm not quite sure what you are getting it w.r.t McLaren. All teams develop things which give them incremental advantages. Some are deemed within the rules, others are not.

You can't patent anything in F1..thank god! There is so much staff transfer within the industry that that ideas and techniques rapidly disseminate through the industry. That's one reason why the cars all end up looking very similar.

• 2 weeks later...

A truely staggering lap by Button to clinch pole at Monaco with more fuel on board than all around him apart from his team mate. That is super impressive! I expect the Ferrari to beat him in to the 1st corner as it is so quick off the start but Button will retake it as the race unfolds.

As for Lewis, he was looking good for the 1st time this season but put it in the wall.

I think Hamilton will be nowhere all season, but this'll make him stronger in the long run. His car may be sorted next season, and he can start anew. If Jenson wins, he has won the title. I can't see the Brawn car falling to bits in 4 or 5 races.

Its beginning to look like this country will have a new world champion and we should be bloody proud. He has done his apprenticeship in poor to average cars and given the tools is getting the job done. 5 wins out of 6 is world class.

Yep. He's driven enough crap cars over the last few years to appreciate what he's got now.

He gives a great interview..as he comes across as being genuinely thankful for the opportunity that he has now been presented with.

Archived