BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gordon Brown

I suggest that this depends at which school you were educated. At my school we were taught not to start a sentence with 'And'.

I've no idea why. There is nothing wrong with starting a sentence with "And."

here

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Colin been the sensitive soul that you are; I will not lower myself to the petty personal insults that you have resorted to. ( For your information I am dyslexic) & do get the occasional word wrong.

What gets me with the likes of Jim & yourself is that you love to dish out but can’t stand it back.

Back to the miners strike- Your turn Colin

Bazza, I'm about as sensitive as a rock, no problem there for me matey. I suspect Jim has the hide of a rhino.

If you're dyslexic then please accept my apologies. You really don't seem to be.

The outcome of the miners' strike was not that a miner got £x thousand pounds compensation. It was that whole communities were destroyed.

Cheers mate, take it easy.

Colin

here

your link also says "Words and letters are but abstract concepts"

does that mean spelling is not important as well, as long as the meaning has been understood?

over to you jim mk2

;)

its amazing that jim hasn't mentioned the whole formula 1 money scandal or the cash for peerages but they're nothing compared to this story about a shadow minister that has done nothing wrong. Anybody would think that peter mandleson and alaistair campbell were back in government. Oh.

Short term memory frequently fails in the aged Flopsy whilst strangely long term memory can apparently be unaffected. Commonly referred to as 'confusion'.

here

Yes, I was taught not to start a sentence with "and" as well. I've since read from other sources that it is indeed acceptable.

And you wonder why, don't you? :D

The thing is, that the only grammatical rules about a sentence, is that it should make sense. It should mean something when read on it's own. Therefore - if the sentence makes sense when beginning with "and", then that should be acceptable to everyone. There's absolutely no reason at all, why a sentence shouldn't start with a conjunction.

But should we be able to start a sentence with "but"? Of course we should :lol:

I was going to say something similar.

"No more boom and bust". No return to the dark tory days?

Only this time in a recession everybody will be screwed as they will have X number of credit card companies chasing their debts, because they were told this WOULD NEVER HAPPEN

We are in the worst position of all the G7 nations and people still want to blame the Tories for everything. It's been 11 years, time for a change.

Hope it's not the Lib Dems! Strikes me that most of that lot would want us to 'form a circle'! :o

Sorry, you've lost me there. What is this "form a circle"t thing?

Thanks.

It's gone over their heads theno, different generation,

probably never heard of a silver rivet either!

I was born in 1955. I hope that helps to put me in perspective.

So what is this "form a circle?"

Thanks

Colin

I was born in 1955. I hope that helps to put me in perspective.

So what is this "form a circle?"

Thanks

Colin

1956 here,

Ask Lord Mandelson, I think he probably has intimate knowledge of it,

He seems to be communicating with the press freely these days about his past.

:P

I was going to say something similar.

"No more boom and bust". No return to the dark tory days?

Only this time in a recession everybody will be screwed as they will have X number of credit card companies chasing their debts, because they were told this WOULD NEVER HAPPEN

We are in the worst position of all the G7 nations and people still want to blame the Tories for everything. It's been 11 years, time for a change.

Neither are the Tories or any of the other political parties the answer to our cou ntry such is the speed of change, the answer we dont know but one thing it certain IT IS NOT is another political party attached at the hip to westminster.

What is the future ?

Ask Lord Mandelson,

Yoda,

I don't have access to him.

I thought you might just explain this "form a circle" thing that I don't know about, and as I'm apparantly of the correct generation you might just let me in to the secret.

Thanks

Colin

Lets form our own party

because Labour aren't the peoples party anymore, Torys don't like Northerners and the Lib Dems well.....watch this space i suppose.

I'd love to help, but I was born in Barnet and spent a good 10 years of my life in Bedford. So I am disqualified from the Northern Party. My dad's side of the family is from the east coast of Yorkshire and Humberside though. Another problem is that a Nortern Party would end have having loads of miserable, dour, parochial people from Yorkshire.

Archived