BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Credit Crunch To Hit Football?

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on Philip, clubs seem to magic cash out of the sky.

There are few clubs that seem to want for money, even though they are apparently borassic, and even fewer prem clubs go under.

I have only forecast a total net spend of £405m!!!

It would annoy me if Everton have a net spend of £15 Million again,have they anything else left to mortgage/borrow against........ ?!

Apparenty they have a couple of life long fans who are minted - don't sit on the board or anything - and just give them cash every now again to buy a player. Pretty sweet arrangement.

Some Rovers fans better pull their fingers out and become billionaires sharpish.

More about the probems at Setanta.

From "Advanced Television" web site:

Sky takes Setanta to the brink

Sky has turned down a request from Setanta for a £50 million (E57.3m) advance payment on a deal that would have involved Sky selling Setanta packages directly to its own subscribers.

The advance payment would have bridged a funding gap at Setanta as it talks to rights holders about securing reduced terms on rights deals.

Private equity investors in Setanta, including Doughty Hanson, Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs will have to inject £50 million into the sports broadcaster, as Setanta explores refinancing opportunities under its new chairman, Sir Robin Miller.

The Guardian re-runs the PL debt story.

The £3.1bn includes the £300m+ Abramovich has already converted to shares and misses the fact Arsena have now shifted most of the flats at target price so is a typically sloppy article.

However, sloppy or not, the Mancs are out there on their own as the biggest debtors and Liverpool's accounts are late.

Average £3bn over 20 clubs and debt is £150m each. Rovers' bank debt is a bit less than £20m.

The likeliest fate for West Ham by the way is that the banks will step in and sieze it.

Upbeat stories about football- sort of...

How Real can afford Kaka Apparently Vidic as well as Ronaldo are on their shopping list this summer as well.

Deloittes' analysis of the 2007/8 season. Basically the players grabbed the media income increase in one season! The clip of the Deloitte partner taking about the game is more reassuring.

It was interesting to listen to The Deloitte fella saying that no Premier League club has gone into insolvency and he didn't think any club ever would as too many people think they are an attractive investment opportunity. I thought it sounded a little odd but he'll probably turn out to be right. Also last year the Championship had bigger crowds than La Ligue and Serie A!

(This was on Sky a few minutes ago btw...)

Also crazy to read that Real get double the TV money of the highest clubs in this country.

Also no suprise seeing the clubs who have the most empty space at their grounds - Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn, Sunderland & Boro - all poor areas!

Its not crazy that Real get double the TV money- just La Liga system.

Italy is introducing collective selling of TV rights in Serie A for 2010/11 and have a seriously big deal. The division of income will be much more unequal than in the Prem which is the cost of having to wean Juve, AC and Inter off their private TV deals but collectively they have got much more than they did individually. The Serie A clubs will come back into contention in the next decade.

In Spain, the big clubs sell their own rights with I believe a residual package for the rest.

Looks like Straumer(the bankrupt bank), or rather its asset management unit, will take over West Ham on monday.

From the creditors of Straumer this makes sense, they don't want the club sold at a bargain basement price, and so they will sit on it until the price rises as the economic climate changes, which is happening as we speak.

It could only happen in football.....

So what happens as far as transfers at West ham then? Does that mean the bank ban any incomings?

The rumours are that the current facilities stay in place and West Ham can spend what they raise.........

I will believe that when I see it.........

I very much doubt there is any Bellamy money left.

I can see 1 of the better players leaving (probably Upson) to fund some loans and cheap foreigners.

Revenues of Local clubs:

Manchester United (£257.1m)

Liverpool (£164.2m)

Manchester City (£82.3m)

Everton (£75.7m)

Bolton Wanderers (£59.1m)

Blackburn Rovers (£56.4m)

Wigan (£43.5m).

Burnley (£8.8m)

Preston North End (£8.5m)

Blackpool (£7.2m)

I've been sat here patiently waiting for Wet Spam to meltdown all year and it hasn't happened despite it being "on the brink" the whole time. At one point, we were talking about points deductions!

Much like the Man Yoo car crash, I don't believe it'll be allowed to happen, Much to my chagrin.

The Manc accounts are less public but say more or less the same except all the numbers are twice as big and their brick wall is both staged and further away than 24 July so therefore avoid what is tantamount to a going concern qualification on Liverpool's accounts.

The Manc accounts talk about profits before taxes and interest and ignore the little red number left after £80m of interest is subtracted.

Archived