BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Drummer Boy

He sits in the Riverside now, seen him a few times. I personally had no problem with him I remember him at Spurs away a few years ago and he just kept on going all the way through the game. He may not have been the best but his passion for Rovers and commitment was always something I respected.

Bring him Back BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.

Can't fault his commitment or his effort, question his sanity perhaps but agree totally on his passion. He was the first - and the last - of them as I recall.

He was diabetic I think? Didn't he end up with some injury, or have to retire on medical grounds?Wonder if it's one for the ambulance chasers?

Injured at work? Where there's blame there's a claim - probably will get 4,000 claimants from BBE lower claiming trauma & hearing loss now.

Whatever happened to the others? There used to be a clan of them, one in the Riverside and a few in the BBE lower at one stage?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't fault his commitment or his effort, question his sanity perhaps but agree totally on his passion. He was the first - and the last - of them as I recall.

He was diabetic I think? Didn't he end up with some injury, or have to retire on medical grounds?Wonder if it's one for the ambulance chasers?

Injured at work? Where there's blame there's a claim - probably will get 4,000 claimants from BBE lower claiming trauma & hearing loss now.

Whatever happened to the others? There used to be a clan of them, one in the Riverside and a few in the BBE lower at one stage?

Bill was the original and he has had to stop because of arthritis I think. He's back in his season ticket seat now on the Riverside. There used to be two way back but Martin, the second drummer, had to stop because of RSI (or whatever it's called now). Both of them are massive Rovers fans. I don't know what happened to the kids who started once Martin stopped, probably found it too much like hard work.

Bill was the original and he has had to stop because of arthritis I think. He's back in his season ticket seat now on the Riverside. There used to be two way back but Martin, the second drummer, had to stop because of RSI (or whatever it's called now). Both of them are massive Rovers fans. I don't know what happened to the kids who started once Martin stopped, probably found it too much like hard work.

Cheers Ivan-crikey, and we thought it took it's toll on US supporting Rovers! Admire their efforts & dedication, well done to them-shame about the lad having to retire through injury; hope Rovers cover his pension better than the Government seem to be doing :D

• 1 year later...

Atmosphere...."you don't know what you've got til its gone!"

Who wants the drum for tuesday evening?

Absolutely not. I know what's gone - bloody annoying that ruins all the chants and only does 'Rovers' and 'Get into 'em'. It's going to take time to get over him. We do not need it back. :angry2:

Atmosphere...."you don't know what you've got til its gone!"

Who wants the drum for tuesday evening?

Can you make it a big one to cover the empty seats in the Blackburn end please.

Oh and while your at it, one for the riverside!

if we have something to sing about the atmosphere will be fine (though quite echoed) if the games like yesterday it will be very quiet

If Rovers show the same passion and desire that the Leeds players have shown today then it will be "electric" :brfc:

Which is the place to sit to be in the atmosphere, singing etc ?

My last, and only, match so far at Ewood I sat in the Jack Walker stand and was quite disappointed with the atmosphere. The only thing the fans did was shout ''Rovers'' everynow and then.

And which are the most popular songs please ??

tongue.gif Come to Turf Moor instead.

Its simple - all the idiots in the BBE lower (NO1) that insist on moaning/booing after 10 mins, please either stay away or change their tune. That way - the genuine supporters can get behind the team.

when have there been boos after 10 mins...

Its simple - all the idiots in the BBE lower (NO1) that insist on moaning/booing after 10 mins, please either stay away or change their tune. That way - the genuine supporters can get behind the team.

when have there been boos after 10 mins...NAME ONCE !!! BUT KEEP IT REAL;.

when have there been boos after 10 mins...

when have there been boos after 10 mins...NAME ONCE !!! BUT KEEP IT REAL;.

Against Sunderland there were people behind and just in front of me moaning about how terrible it all was - what a load of @#/? etc after 10 mins. Honestly, I'm not making it up. In fact, I'm seriously considering moving seats next season because of them. Its spoiling my enjoyment tbh.

I'm all for people being entitled to voice their opinion but this is getting ridiculous. It may only be a minority but unfortunately I have to sit near them.

I was looking forward to tonight as well, as I hoped they wouoldn't bother going!

Its not the moaning per se that I have a problem with. Its the fact that it starts from just after kick off and carries on. Its the same people who boo. Its pathetic, because what happens when we score, which we did against Sunderland?? Someone hilariously started singing 'Morten Gamst Pedersen' tra la la la.

Its started to bug me more because they are right by me, so I notice it more. As another issue - do they think it helps the team to boo?? Mayve they do.

Archived