BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Drummer Boy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is the place to sit to be in the atmosphere, singing etc ?

My last, and only, match so far at Ewood I sat in the Jack Walker stand and was quite disappointed with the atmosphere. The only thing the fans did was shout ''Rovers'' everynow and then.

And which are the most popular songs please ??

Look it going to take time. Yes it's been a bit flat but then again there hasn't been a great deal to shout about at home. I've noticed that there is more variation in songs. Do remember that he used to kill off many chants that started in the back corner of the BBE because he tried to keep time with the songs and the speed that sound travels meant he was always out of time.

Which is the place to sit to be in the atmosphere, singing etc ?

My last, and only, match so far at Ewood I sat in the Jack Walker stand and was quite disappointed with the atmosphere. The only thing the fans did was shout ''Rovers'' everynow and then.

And which are the most popular songs please ??

Sit in the BBE

Interesting thread as I was going to mention something about this.

Last weekend I made the long trip from Dubai to England, and got tickets with some friends to take on the Rovers - United game. Now 4 of my friends werent even Rovers fans but I convinced to come with me in order to possibly "turn them over". At any rate, without commenting on the performance, I must say I was UTTERLY disappointed with the atmosphere and support. I could hear myself shouting and screaming above everyone, whilst shamefully the traveling Manc fans never shut up for the 90 minutes and silenced our fans from before even the match started.

Now it was 4 years since I was last in England at a home game, but I personally found it worse than before. Why so quiet? There was no chanting, no clapping, no singing, and I was in the JW Stand, yet I could hear the United fans all match long. All we did was lament some of our players or otherwise fall into silence.

Is it always like this? I dont think the players actually feel like they are playing at home. In fact it must have a detrimental affect on morale and confidence.

How can we ask for commitment from them on the pitch, if we arent "committed" in the stadium?

Interesting thread as I was going to mention something about this.

Last weekend I made the long trip from Dubai to England, and got tickets with some friends to take on the Rovers - United game. Now 4 of my friends werent even Rovers fans but I convinced to come with me in order to possibly "turn them over". At any rate, without commenting on the performance, I must say I was UTTERLY disappointed with the atmosphere and support. I could hear myself shouting and screaming above everyone, whilst shamefully the traveling Manc fans never shut up for the 90 minutes and silenced our fans from before even the match started.

Now it was 4 years since I was last in England at a home game, but I personally found it worse than before. Why so quiet? There was no chanting, no clapping, no singing, and I was in the JW Stand, yet I could hear the United fans all match long. All we did was lament some of our players or otherwise fall into silence.

Is it always like this? I dont think the players actually feel like they are playing at home. In fact it must have a detrimental affect on morale and confidence.

How can we ask for commitment from them on the pitch, if we arent "committed" in the stadium?

To be fair the Jack Walker Stand are never the most enthusiastic when it comes to singing and getting behind the team. You are welcome to prove me wrong JW stand supporters.

There wasn't much to get excited about against United as I felt it was a totally heartless display. Ok we should have gotten behind the team more.

I've been to Everton and Newcastle away this season and I have to say that our away supporters (although smaller in number) were fantastic, singing all the way through. At Newcastle there was a wide range of songs being sung. Some of which were very funny. At Everton the King Kennys magic song made a come back.

There is a lot more variation in the singing as someone else has said.

You cannot compare away and home fans, we make more noise when away fans than most home fans do.

The atmosphere is shocking at Ewood.

I cannot believe how many people sit in seats where you can get wet if it rains.

I have said it before, we need a song! One like villa, villa, villa or boro boro boro - long and loud which everyone will sing.

I heard this a few games back:

He's big, He's quick, He's got a massive dick - sambaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,. sambaaaaaaaaa - made me laugh!

It's quite clear that to improve the atmosphere you need a full house. I was thinking about this when I should have been working and came up with an idea. If the club decided how much they wanted to make from season tickets they could then adjust the prices as more people bought more.

e.g - for the sake of ease lets assume there are currently 10,000 season ticket holders each paying on average £400, the club has therefore made £4,000,000. Next year they expect the same but are regularly left with 10,000 empty seats. We can assume it is financially better for the club to have those extra seats filled through food, drink, programme sales as well as a better atmosphere and increased potential fan base. The club could then say, if we sell £20,000 season tickets we can reduce the price to £200 making the same total amount but ending up with big crowds, increased revenue and huge goodwill from supporters. A week before the first game the club works out exactly how much a ticket needs to cost to make the £4,000,000 and sends partial refund cheques in the post to the ticket holder.

I realise this would reduce the amount of tickets available on the day but when we can't fill the ground for Utd something drastic needs to happen.

I'm no maths whizz but I don't think it would be that difficult to work out how many extra season tickets could be sold without having a huge impact on individual matchday tickets, and the formula to work out exactly how much a season ticket would cost would be fairly straightforward.

The problem would be asking people to pay for something whilst not actually knowing how much it would cost but if the initial price is set as a maximum I think there would be a huge difference in attendances and therefore atmosphere.

e.g - for the sake of ease lets assume there are currently 10,000 season ticket holders each paying on average £400, the club has therefore made £4,000,000. Next year they expect the same but are regularly left with 10,000 empty seats. We can assume it is financially better for the club to have those extra seats filled through food, drink, programme sales

Not the way the current concession company works.

There a definate skill to drumming and the Blackbuirn drummer doesnt have it..The Mindless thump iwas annoying and I am glad its gone.The drumming at Accrington is much better and if you hear drumming done properly its hypnotic ...I also find the trumpets at the England game repeating the same tunes again and again even more annoying.as they dominate everything and are a constant reminder of Mc Claren days and the bore score draw I saw at at Old Trafford...Get rid of these organised chants and let the crowd choose its own...

For fans of the laest Fifa 09 game there is a very realistic model of Ewood on it and the drumming from the Blackburn End comes across loud and clear as well as chants of "gerinto um". Obviously the makers of the game identified these as the auhentic ounds of a Rovers home game!

For fans of the laest Fifa 09 game there is a very realistic model of Ewood on it and the drumming from the Blackburn End comes across loud and clear as well as chants of "gerinto um". Obviously the makers of the game identified these as the auhentic ounds of a Rovers home game!

To be fair it was a couple of seasons back. Since then we've sold off most of our 'dirty players' and the drummer has gone.

its simple apart from us at the right of the blackburn end noone is arsed.WE ONLY SING WHEN WERE WINNING.When things are going well the bbe buzzes when things go bad or not well the sit on their hands like at a lap dancing club.Everyone around us tried to get the crowd going and everyone to left just looked blankly as if to say what are you lot making all that noise for.

its simple apart from us at the right of the blackburn end noone is arsed.WE ONLY SING WHEN WERE WINNING.When things are going well the bbe buzzes when things go bad or not well the sit on their hands like at a lap dancing club.Everyone around us tried to get the crowd going and everyone to left just looked blankly as if to say what are you lot making all that noise for.

Why did you lot give up?

Just keep singing. Why does it matter what others do?

• 2 weeks later...

He sits in the Riverside now, seen him a few times. I personally had no problem with him I remember him at Spurs away a few years ago and he just kept on going all the way through the game. He may not have been the best but his passion for Rovers and commitment was always something I respected.

Bring him Back BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.

Archived