BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The 2-1 Villa Preview Thread

Flopsy

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We were a top 7 team by spending little but this summer City have spent stupid money as have Villa and other teams, I agree if the results don't pick up by the end of the season then have a dig at Ince, still only 10 games in remember.

By the end of the season? If we're in freefall, then Ince is a goner.

By the way is that Maria Kanellis is your avatar?

Naah, it's Aishwarya Rai.

If Villa had outplayed us, showed brilliance for their goals i wouldn't be angry as we would have been beaten fair and square.

As a fan you have to ask questions on why we threw this game away by stopping the pressure just before HT and losing possession to gift them goals.

I’m not going to slag off Ince, call for head or anything like that. I just want to understand why after playing so well we threw this game away?

The posters that predicted a defeat will be the very same posters that will fill the next five pages slagging Ince and his players off.

With supporters like these who needs enemies.

What is wrong with people this is FOOTBALL, people are banging on like no one ever said a bad word against Blackburn before Ince arrived, We all care about rovers and let off steam in different ways. MH earnt everyone's respect over a period of time so people didn't slag him off after every defeat Ince is obviously not there yet.

so if we had won 0-1 then it wouldnt be inces fault it would be the players?

Uh yes.

Ince set the formation. Nobody will deny the fact we played well. In this respect, Ince did well.

We didn't score the chances we had and lost concentration. In this respect, I fail to see how it is Ince's fault. He couldn't run on and score, could he? It was the players.

If we had taken the chances, we would have been saying it was an amazing, classy win. But because the PLAYERS didn't score, it's an inept managerial decision?

so if we had won 0-1 then it wouldnt be inces fault it would be the players?

Exactamundo.

The logic seems to be, if we win Ince should be praised. If we lose, it's not his fault.

*scratches chin*

Ince and his players tossed this game away. Just face facts and stop being defensive for the sake of it.

I'm personally worried. We're 4 points off the relegation zone. Zaki could be one of those players that stops Wigan from being relegated. Spurs seem like a completely different team with Harry in charge and Bolton would have been a point behind us if they had won.

Add to this Fulham who have a game in hand (all be it against Man U)...

Its all very worrying...

Uh yes.

Ince set the formation. Nobody will deny the fact we played well. In this respect, Ince did well.

We didn't score the chances we had and lost concentration. In this respect, I fail to see how it is Ince's fault. He couldn't run on and score, could he? It was the players.

If we had taken the chances, we would have been saying it was an amazing, classy win. But because the PLAYERS didn't score, it's an inept managerial decision?

Yes, it is INCES FAULT :lol: . Why didnt he score when we had the chances? He is afwul at putting away his chances. I cant believe he also didnt mark Barry & Aagbonlawhore at the same time - shocking!

I can't wait because it's always someone creative. The fact of the matter is we played a system that worked. We dominated. Therefore the management did all they could reasonably do. The substitutions were a little strange, I agree. It wasn't the fault of anybody that we lost apart from the players themselves. For Agbonlahor's goal, it was just a case of speed. The equaliser was a case of luck, it bounced off him.

Regardless, people will bandy about "clueless, inept" and the like at Ince, when his tactics, on the whole, worked. We played great football but didn't put away our chances. It happens.

If we lose, we haven't got the tactics right. If Agbonlahor out-sprints us for his goal, we've got the tactics wrong. His speed is far from being a secret.

It sounds like an encouraging performance all round, but as Gord says, playing well and losing is a great way to lose confidence. It has to be addressed, quickly. We'll see on Saturday if they've managed it.

Uh yes.

ok then if we are bottom in the new year ,we wouldnt sack ince we would sack the players?

why do we have managers then if they are blameless or cant take credit for winning?

why did ramos get sacked? he only put the team out.

Exactamundo.

The logic seems to be, if we win Ince should be praised. If we lose, it's not his fault.

*scratches chin*

Ince and his players tossed this game away. Just face facts and stop being defensive for the sake of it.

OMG - Is that some of the blame being put on the players???? PLEASE - What about that Paul Ince Fella. Its called being realistic and not blaming Ince for the global economic credit crunch and everything else wrong in your life. Its not his fault your Wife doesnt like you anymore :P

Archived