SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The 2-1 Villa Preview Thread

Flopsy

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll avoid the board because the Ince haters will be partying tonight

Mate, that's just not true, I'm surprised you've said that.

Firstly, there are very few "Ince haters", although I would admit there are one or two. There are however quite a few people concerned with the way he has started, and this wont help. To say anyone will be partying is madness - people need to try and keep some sort of perspective as to why we are all here. There's no way anyone wants us to lose. That's absolutely crazy.

• Backroom
They spend £50 bloody million this summer, of course we're not at their level anymore.

Thats the thing isn't it i'm not sure what some fans want, I'm more than happy to have a medicore season and stable the balance sheets to ensure our survival for years to come, it seems some people would rather do a Leeds and spend money we just don't have.

Right then, as the game slowly dies to a massive defeat for Rovers (AGAIN), thought I would post my views before watching the game on footie first to see if I got it right.

Firstly, I never expected anything other than a defeat for Rovers.

For me there are some big questions for Ince to ask and find answers to.

Why oh why set out with the formation he went with ? I agree with the 4-5-1 but the personnel employed were wrong for this game.

tactics wise, well all appeared ok until the 45th minute then the team switch off.

Second half, what happens, Rovers compeltely disappear after a good start and then decide to play with 13 men. Two very experienced players in Ooije and Tugay give balls away and we concede goals.

In order to resuce the game what happens, Ince makes a mockery of the substitutions and puts Debs up front on his own versus top quality interntaional defenders on his own, further to that he puts Ollsson on and removes the one player that is capable of winning a header up front in MGP.

I cant be bothered to go into it all but pathetic excuses that we were unlucky wont do.

i am mightily annoyed at the way Rovers have lost this game or indeed threw it away.

Come Saturday Rovers play WBA, a team in turmoil who cant buy a win, guess what, no doubt lucky old WBA are lickign their lips at the visit of Rovers and the probable 3 points they will take from the game.

Come on Ince sort it out, we are drastically heading downwards in the league and are going to be ensconced in abattle to stay up if you cant work out basic tactics and formations, not to mention substitutions -_--_-

We went too far forward and Agbonlahor was always going to outsprint everyone.

I'll avoid the board because the Ince haters will be partying tonight, but we played well. People were commenting how well we played. We just can't finish our chances.

It's a shame, but there were positives. Also, Andrews has a good game but I'm sure he'll be slagged off like everyone else.

We havent won there since 2003 - But im sure Hughes must of done better there every year yeah?

Exactly my view. We had more shots on target & off target, more successful passes, and gave it a real go. Played some lovely stuff and Friedel pulled off a top save from Pedersen's volley.

Yes we didnt win, but with a team that just spent another £50m and has bags of pace, not many of you expected us to get so close.

A few stats here to back that up - Stats

Mate, that's just not true, I'm surprised you've said that.

Firstly, there are very few "Ince haters", although I would admit there are one or two. There are however quite a few people concerned with the way he has started, and this wont help. To say anyone will be partying is madness - people need to try and keep some sort of perspective as to why we are all here. There's no way anyone wants us to lose. That's absolutely crazy.

Perhaps partying is too strong a term.

Revelling in it would be more apt.

I can't wait to see who gets the blame. Ince? Made Pedersen and Emerton miss those earlier chances did he? Andrews? His fault for losing Barry? I don't think so.

Someone will blame Fowler as well no doubt.

It's sad, but also hilarious to read.

When I compared the team that Villa fielded, the usual 11, good shape, players all playing in positions they know and are comfortable in with the hodge -podge un- balanced outfit we fielded I'd have taken 3-1 at the kick off. I couldn't see a goal in us. I'm not a Ince fan but I'm far from happy in fact I'm livid !

Ince has yet to impress. He aint helping himself by making very strange changes. He swaps the team about far too much and he makes odd changes during matches. We are losing 2-1 and he puts on a defender. WHY!!!!?????

I think he put Olson on to play in midfield. As I posted on the Boro topic, there might be a debate as to who is the better young LM-him or Treacy.

Thats the thing isn't it i'm not sure what some fans want, I'm more than happy to have a medicore season and stable the balance sheets to ensure our survival for years to come, it seems some people would rather do a Leeds and spend money we just don't have.

We were a top 7 side last season. Remind me how much we spent then? Ince has to learn to make the most of his budget and bring in some bargains, otherwise it's gonna be more of the same.

Enough of this defeatist ########. We had the chances and play to beat Villa today, but didn't. That's down to Ince, his preparation, his team selection, and of course the players themselves.

If the "Paulettes" can't face up to these truths, and would rather throw red herrings at fans who are concerned, so then that's a real pity.

Perhaps partying is too strong a term.

Revelling in it would be more apt.

I can't wait to see who gets the blame. Ince? Made Pedersen and Emerton miss those earlier chances did he? Andrews? His fault for losing Barry? I don't think so.

Someone will blame Fowler as well no doubt.

It's sad, but also hilarious to read.

Why can't you wait to see who gets the blame? I don't understand this at all - complaining about the "negativity" whilst pretty much inviting it!

People have their views - perhaps we should be asking why there is so much ammo readily available for those that way inclined to load their guns with?

• Backroom
Fans will be concerned and will vent their anger.

This was a game we dominated, a game we should have won and would have won if we didn't give away stupid errors. We let Villa back into this game.

Yup i'm sure someone switching off for a moment will also be blamed on Ince.

I dread to think what would have happened if Ince was in charge of some of the results and performances last season which was possibly some of the worst football I've ever seen at Ewood

The players let Villa back into the game, Not Paul Ince. Blame them! Ince's set up had us 1-0 up with 45 mins played, THE PLAYERS switched off for their first 2 goals, the 3rd was through sheer pace. Cant blame Ince for that. He didnt buy the slow defenders (Hughes did).

Ince's subs - Olson set up Derbyshire (2 subs) who won the free-kick that Emerton converted.

I dread to think what would have happened if Ince was in charge of some of the results and performances last season which was possibly some of the worst football I've ever seen at Ewood

Where did we finish in the league last season?

Andrews is encouraging me, but hes merely a scapegoat...

Furious at the result though, namely because our substitutions made were negative and did nothing to threaten Villa. (Well they won a free kick, but didnt sound encouraging;))

Well done Emerton btw

• Backroom
We were a top 7 side last season. Remind me how much we spent then? Ince has to learn to make the most of his budget and bring in some bargains, otherwise it's gonna be more of the same.

Enough of this defeatist ########. We had the chances and play to beat Villa today, but didn't. That's down to Ince, his preparation, his team selection, and of course the players themselves.

If the "Paulettes" can't face up to these truths, and would rather throw red herrings at fans who are concerned, so then that's a real pity.

We were a top 7 team by spending little but this summer City have spent stupid money as have Villa and other teams, I agree if the results don't pick up by the end of the season then have a dig at Ince, still only 10 games in remember.

By the way is that Maria Kanellis is your avatar?

Why can't you wait to see who gets the blame? I don't understand this at all - complaining about the "negativity" whilst pretty much inviting it!

People have their views - perhaps we should be asking why there is so much ammo readily available for those that way inclined to load their guns with?

I can't wait because it's always someone creative. The fact of the matter is we played a system that worked. We dominated. Therefore the management did all they could reasonably do. The substitutions were a little strange, I agree. It wasn't the fault of anybody that we lost apart from the players themselves. For Agbonlahor's goal, it was just a case of speed. The equaliser was a case of luck, it bounced off him.

Regardless, people will bandy about "clueless, inept" and the like at Ince, when his tactics, on the whole, worked. We played great football but didn't put away our chances. It happens.

I'll avoid the board because the Ince haters will be partying tonight, but we played well. People were commenting how well we played. We just can't finish our chances.

It's a shame, but there were positives. Also, Andrews has a good game but I'm sure he'll be slagged off like everyone else.

Grow up! I'm hardly gonna do a celebratory conga to the pub ADB! Is it a crime to be a BRFC fan and not a Paul Ince fan? Stop trying to deflect blame. The table does not lie.

We desperately need to beat WBA now. Mark my words playing well and getting nowt for it will soon see heads dropping, and when that happens it's all downhill.

Archived