BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Free Coaches

Okay, as we all know Rovers are seriously in the brown stuff and i personally think the club should put on some free coaches for fans to help out the team.

I know Bolton have done this a few times this season and have now shot up the league. It is also rumoured that Stoke will be putting on free coaches for the trip to Ewood.

I really think that if we strategically picked a game with free coach travel, the team would have a better chance of winning with 2-3k fans backing them than 500.

What do you think?

I have looked at this and i recon Wigan away would be the best game. Slate away!

Okay, as we all know Rovers are seriously in the brown stuff and i personally think the club should put on some free coaches for fans to help out the team.

I know Bolton have done this a few times this season and have now shot up the league. It is also rumoured that Stoke will be putting on free coaches for the trip to Ewood.

I really think that if we strategically picked a game with free coach travel, the team would have a better chance of winning with 2-3k fans backing them than 500.

What do you think?

I have looked at this and i recon Wigan away would be the best game. Slate away!

Good idea! :tu:

Wigan away would be perfect, (even though i have already made travel arrangements! :rolleyes: ) it would also be a great gesture by the club too in the weeks leading up to xmas at a time when finances are stretched to the limit.

What do you think?

Two problems with this theory. First do you truely believe free coaches are going to increase our away following six fold? Secondly in recent seasons we've taken between 3 - 5000 to Wigan anyway. I shall miss Wigan this year as I see no point in going to watch the rubbish we are being served up. Start winning and I'll be persuaded to go. Simple.

Wigan away is the wrong game for free coaches. As paul rightly says, we have had good followings there for the last few years anyway - its easy to get to and quite close so many make the usually cheap trip.

Free Travel should be provided for games abit further away - like Pompey this sunday, and maybe Sunderland on Boxing day.

Vintage, if winning games was as easy as laying on free coaches, I'm fairly sure everybody would be doing it (of course then it would be impossible for every team to win).

The price of the coach is not going to be the difference-maker to THAT many people. Let's put it this way - I'm not missing the Pompey game because of the price of the coach.

I fully understand the fact that a free coach will not win us a football game but it can certainly contribute.

There are two sides of the coin to every argument and I specifically targeted Wigan due to the local proximity of the game and the fact it is a “six pointer” I see no reason in providing free coach travel to Portsmouth as I think only a couple of hundred extra fans would use it and they are not relegation fodder likes ourselves (yet).

I specifically targeted Wigan due to the following factors:

1. Many people I have spoken to are 50/50 as to whether they are going. I think a free coach would persuade them to attend and I really believe that free coach travel could help us take a large following and ultimately help us get some additional points on the board.

2. More Rovers fans seem to attend over the Christmas period.

3. The outlay from the club will be smaller than a trip to Sunderland or Portsmouth.

It was only an idea to help the club. I see no way back if we are relegated and I for one want to try every means of keeping us up.

Also I must note the fact that the atmosphere at Ewood has dropped since the drummer was released of his duties.

I am also very disappointed that nobody was interested in looking after the flag that was suggested in the Fans Forum. The club seemed very much up for it.

Do we deserve a Premier League Club? I swaying towards NO!

also i think the club should look into reducing the ticket prices to say like £15 especially against teams like stoke, west brom e.t.c, to try and bring back some of the supporters back to ewood.

A poster has already suggested Stoke are bringing 7,000 because they are laying on free coach travel.

Two problems with this theory. First do you truely believe free coaches are going to increase our away following six fold? Secondly in recent seasons we've taken between 3 - 5000 to Wigan anyway. I shall miss Wigan this year as I see no point in going to watch the rubbish we are being served up. Start winning and I'll be persuaded to go. Simple.

Sorry boys and girls but I will not waste my hard earned cash to go to Wigan and watch shi#te.

I went on a corporate do to Blackpool ("donkey lashers") on tuesday nite versus Sheff Wednesday. The game was poor but was full of honest effort (Rovers please listen) and the atmosphere with only 7,000 on was better than I have heard at Ewood for years.

So therefore Mr Williams: please wake up and smeell the coffee...Rovers are in the @#/? :o

Archived