I don't.....

Im also very worried about what players we would lose:

Santa Cruz

Samba

Warnock

Robinson?

McCarthy

Simpson & Villanueva would go back to original clubs

Not to worried about loosing the players i have highlighted.

Even so, if we sold the others, i would be more worried about getting the money back to spend personally, and not having to do a Soton and play our youth team as our 1st team.... :rolleyes:

Well,

Maybe our level will finally match Paul Gallagher's level. He and Derbyshire would be a better than average Championship front two. I could also see Olson, Zurab, Nolan, Andrews, Dunny, Treacy, Grella, Bunn, Judge, Doran, and possibly Emerton and Nelsen as players who would play a role next year if our worst fears are realized.

Put a foot in Rovers!!

You could be missing a point here.

Championship = a chance to quickly trim wages

(where are we in the wages league these days - apparently quite high) and restructure the wage bill.

Parachute payments will cover this and we could see a little money go a long way.

Maybe they are hoping to bounce back with a meaner leaner structure and more funds for transfers in a wage limited league.

Doubt they have thought further than the best way to avoid another press release this week though.

Seriously, there is virtually no economic model which makes sense for Rovers to drop into the Coca Cola.

Will folks please get this crazy notion out of their minds.

What will happen?

We'll find ourselves back in a division where real football exists. Real supporters, not the plastic rubbish you have to put up with in the prem like at Opera house which is the Emirates. More 3pm kick offs on sat, less games on sky, cheaper tickets, a far more interesting and competitive division, much more local and young players playing in the team as we rebuild, less overpaid hangers on, the chance to go some new grounds again.

To be honest, its not all that bad imo

Wrong. Season ticket prices will have to rise astronomically.

Last time season tickets were held at the same price. More games - less quality. This time it will be more games - same drivel.

Maybe so but you have obviously forgotten that 2 seasons ago the club used the latest hike in Prem league money to significantly subsidise the ST's at Ewood. As I predicted these discounted prices have now come to be viewed as the 'norm', with a return to normal now a very tricky proposition. A well intentioned but short term policy that heaps up trouble for the long haul. The people on the Riverside inner are watching BRFC for about £13.50 per match see how that compares to ST prices in similar seats with our Prem rivals and our championship neighbours.

relegation fear, what will happen?

they'll dig a mass grave for all Rovers fans somewhere near Burnley, throw us all in and cover us with lime before we can get out.

or we'll end up supporting a new motorway bridge.

or perhaps we'll all have a big jolly party with jelly and ice cream and naked hermaphrodite elves smeared in swarfega.

or will we just go down a division?

hard to say right now, time has dimmed the memory of the last time we went down and had a right **** time of it.

Maybe so but you have obviously forgotten that 2 seasons ago the club used the latest hike in Prem league money to significantly subsidise the ST's at Ewood. As I predicted these discounted prices have now come to be viewed as the 'norm', with a return to normal now a very tricky proposition. A well intentioned but short term policy that heaps up trouble for the long haul. The people on the Riverside inner are watching BRFC for about £13.50 per match see how that compares to ST prices in similar seats with our Prem rivals and our championship neighbours.

i know what your aying gord but people WONT pay higher prices as was shown at OT and at ewood for cat a games.Personally if the season ticket went up much more then thats me out of the picture because i would be priced out and I wouldnt pay £35 to watch say Utd or ANY other game apart from a cup final with single match tickets.

i know what your aying gord but people WONT pay higher prices as was shown at OT and at ewood for cat a games.Personally if the season ticket went up much more then thats me out of the picture because i would be priced out and I wouldnt pay £35 to watch say Utd or ANY other game apart from a cup final with single match tickets.

I know what you are saying too Sean, but unpalatable though it may be to you it's a fact that people DO already pay more for their ST's at Deepdale and t'Turf for Championship football than at Ewood to 'dine at the top table' and watch the Billy Big Time stuff. And thats cos they do not have SKY megabucks and have to charge the going rate to ensure their basic existence as a professional club. Gates at ewood would no doubt go down but thats simply down to the laws of supply and demand.

Archived