BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Buying The Football Club

All right what do we do??????

Just let the club rot with the bunch of scrooges that are in charge and at least Iam trying to come up with an idea or 2 instead of just moaning like some of you lot do.

OK YOUR TURN MOANERS, COME UP WITH AN IDEA OR 2 AND POST THEM AS NEW TOPICS

SIMPLETONS AND PLANS some of you GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER and come up with Creative thinking

:angry2::angry2::angry2: HAD ENOUGH.....

Hey i`ll back anybody who comes up with a SENSIBLE and REALISTIC idea,but surely you must realise that what you suggest is absolutely impossible and a complete non-starter for the reasons that i mentioned earlier in this thread.

It`s also fair to say that we are all frustrated at the lack of interest by the trustees to invest properly in Rovers.We are probably unique in the fact that our current owners have no interest in Rovers whatsoever and are merely carrying out the wishes of a dead man (sadly) to the very basic requirements.I doubt very much that there is a high profile club in the same position as us.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We would by 51% of the club as 100% is too much for a number of people due to the ice skating ring of the economy at the momment and invite some investor on board like Branson or Murdoch or maybe an Arab like City have at the momment

OK, I called Branson and he's just not interested. Murdoch pretended to be interested until he found out a merger with Man Utd is off the cards due to there being a hill in the way. I even gave Maxwell a call on the deep sea line, but he went overboard on the price.

Can you ring the Arabs? I don't have all their numbers at the momment.

It might be possible for us to buy the football club, the problem would be how would we then continue to invest in the club? If we can't do that then it wouldn't achieve much.

If every share owner was then willing to plow 500-1000 into the club every single year, on top of keeping their season ticket, then we would be looking at something.

It would never be viable.

I agree with Eddie, even if somehow we managed to buy the club, how are we going to substain it? Rovers is not going to make a profit so we (the owners) will have to cover the deficit and on top of that provide for investment every year to buy new players, upgrade facilities etc. How many fans will want to do that when they is no tangible returns (i'm assuming we still have to pay for our tickets).

No Offence,but you haven`t a cat-in-hell`s chance of getting anywhere near that amount of Rovers fans parting with just short of £1800.You must be in a very well paid job to come up with this idea,as you make it sound as though everybody has it lying around doing nothing (and thats not to be critical of your earnings BTW,i never begrudge anybody who is well paid).

However the average working man would struggle to come up with £300 at this moment in time,let alone £1800.To most of us £1800 is still a hell of a lot of money that we can`t afford to give away (even if it is to the best club in the world! :D ).

If there was some sort of reasonable guarantee that things would work out, I'd give it, even though I don't live in England, I'm in college and I really don't have a lot in savings. But if there was a good plan laid forward and the money would really help the club, for me it would be worth it.

Indeed, one of the questions that needs to be answered is how/who will sustain the club after we buy it, but actually I believe it is possible that we can gather the initial money. It doesn't have to be only people from the Blackburn area who can contribute. We're not a big club worldwide in respect to others, but we do have some decent following. If we get things really organized and contact fan clubs in different cities and countries, have them spread the word around...theoretically it can be done.

I would have thought the fans forum would be a good place to start, Speak with the people who know what is required, JW & TF.

Take it from there.

I'm sure we would get Jack's approval, what could be better, than the fans of the club, taking over from the fan who left the legacy.

I've had enough the way the clubs being run, it's a choice between boycotting the game against Stoke and standing outside the Jack Walker stand with a banner

Going into the ground with a banner

or something around that

Who's with me

I do think he has a point tho, we all have opinions but nothing is changing. Maybe we (the supporters) should make some kind of stand.

I do not agree with the knee jerk reactions to sack all management, but I would love to show my support for the *CLUB* and how I care about our future.

Maybe if we do have a good protest, the scrooges from Jersey might get down to spec savers and see what a mess they've created however iam with you discostu get rid of all the player management and some of the clueless board members

Maybe we (the supporters) should make some kind of stand.

Simply stay away.

I gave me ST to my lad for the Lpool match and suprised myself how little I missed going to Ewood. Instead I had a super day. It might be an age thing but it came as a surprise all the same.

Simply stay away.

I gave me ST to my lad for the Lpool match and suprised myself how little I missed going to Ewood. Instead I had a super day. It might be an age thing but it came as a surprise all the same.

I too am falling "victim" of this afliction. I had ST on Darwen End from 1995 until they moved us, then on Jack Walker stand until recently (funding first home), now it is suprising how much you can get done at the weekend without one!!

It's a bloody long way home after losing, I've only been to a few games recently and it hurts. At least if I'm not there I've not *WASTED* my money.

this thread is gunna get closed some one has alreadyy made one like this and that got closed

Look this ones different, everybody is angry and upset about the way the clubs being run. Instead of whining to the mods and telling over people every couple of seconds like you and others do, express your support or opposition about the topic.

this thread is gunna get closed some one has alreadyy made one like this and that got closed

So we should sit back and do nothing?

Can I make it clear first, I want no connection to the anti-Ince regime. I would like the club to realise they have a strong support, but refuse to watch their destruction. It's like paying to watch a family member dying.

Some kind of show, not protest, could be benificial.

Can I make it clear first, I want no connection to the anti-Ince regime. I would like the club to realise they have a strong support, but refuse to watch their destruction. It's like paying to watch a family member dying.

Agree fully, i want Ince do well and the club but its just not happening and the board need to realise that. I will be staying put in the Blackburn end upper tier at the end if we lose next week.

Please join me

So we should sit back and do nothing?

no i tottaly agree but i just thought id warn you

This email message has just been sent to John Williams. I'd rather voice my concerns this way instead of staying away from Ewood, but I dont blame anyone who protests in their various ways. When Ince leaves he'll slag us off and wont give 2 hoots for Rovers. We'll still be here, whether its Premiership with an exciting new manager or Championship with whichever second-rater we can attract. John Williams and the Rovers board MUST ACT NOW!!!

Dear John Williams,

I am quite sure I can't be the only Rovers fan who is concerned enough about the club's current predicament to write to you. As a season ticket holder for the last 6 years and an Ewood regular for many years prior to that I have seen good times and bad. However, this is the most worried I have ever been about the club's future. Never before has the prospect of relegation held so much at stake. With the January transfer window looming, and no sign at all of anything encouraging coming from Paul Ince's appointment, I feel so strongly that our Premiership survival hinges on whether Ince is relieved of his duties with immediate effect, and a replacement with Premiership management credentials brought in.

We were all devastated when Mark Hughes left and I think the Rovers board made a brave appointment in Paul Ince. Many of us had our doubts but we put our support of the club first and turned out anyway, hoping for the best. Unfortunately, Ince has taken a 7th place team and reduced us to relegation fodder. As supporters we dont know the truth of the rumours about dressing room unrest - however, we can all see how poorly organised the players have looked on the pitch. Too many good players have underperformed this season for this to have been anything other than a failure on the part of the manager to utilise these players and generate winning performances from them. Ince has been given enough time to show early promise. He has shown none at all. After the board meeting on Tuesday you were quoted as saying you would do what was best for the club. There can be very few if any true Rovers fans who doubt this; just as there can be very few Rovers fans who would not be disappointed if you failed to follow up on this promise and continued to allow Ince sufficient rope to hang this great club of ours.

Give us a manager we can have faith in. Sam Allardyce did great things with a limited budget at Bolton. Graeme Souness took us to promotion, won a Cup final, and played some exciting football at Rovers. The fans would get behind either manager and together I'm sure we can achieve the results needed to keep Rovers up. Then we can write off the season as a blip and look forward to our Premiership future.

Regards,

This email message has just been sent to John Williams. I'd rather voice my concerns this way instead of staying away from Ewood, but I dont blame anyone who protests in their various ways. When Ince leaves he'll slag us off and wont give 2 hoots for Rovers. We'll still be here, whether its Premiership with an exciting new manager or Championship with whichever second-rater we can attract. John Williams and the Rovers board MUST ACT NOW!!!

Dear John Williams,

I am quite sure I can't be the only Rovers fan who is concerned enough about the club's current predicament to write to you. As a season ticket holder for the last 6 years and an Ewood regular for many years prior to that I have seen good times and bad. However, this is the most worried I have ever been about the club's future. Never before has the prospect of relegation held so much at stake. With the January transfer window looming, and no sign at all of anything encouraging coming from Paul Ince's appointment, I feel so strongly that our Premiership survival hinges on whether Ince is relieved of his duties with immediate effect, and a replacement with Premiership management credentials brought in.

We were all devastated when Mark Hughes left and I think the Rovers board made a brave appointment in Paul Ince. Many of us had our doubts but we put our support of the club first and turned out anyway, hoping for the best. Unfortunately, Ince has taken a 7th place team and reduced us to relegation fodder. As supporters we dont know the truth of the rumours about dressing room unrest - however, we can all see how poorly organised the players have looked on the pitch. Too many good players have underperformed this season for this to have been anything other than a failure on the part of the manager to utilise these players and generate winning performances from them. Ince has been given enough time to show early promise. He has shown none at all. After the board meeting on Tuesday you were quoted as saying you would do what was best for the club. There can be very few if any true Rovers fans who doubt this; just as there can be very few Rovers fans who would not be disappointed if you failed to follow up on this promise and continued to allow Ince sufficient rope to hang this great club of ours.

Give us a manager we can have faith in. Sam Allardyce did great things with a limited budget at Bolton. Graeme Souness took us to promotion, won a Cup final, and played some exciting football at Rovers. The fans would get behind either manager and together I'm sure we can achieve the results needed to keep Rovers up. Then we can write off the season as a blip and look forward to our Premiership future.

Regards,

Well said

Maybe if we do have a good protest, the scrooges from Jersey might get down to spec savers and see what a mess they've created however iam with you discostu get rid of all the player management and some of the clueless board members

As someone who has been going to Ewood since 1974, I find this comment preposterous and short on perspective. Without the scrooges from Jersey, we would be another Blackpool/Preston/Burnley with no realistic prospect other than the occasional play-off spot or the odd cup run. Instead, thanks to the scrooges, we have had a roller-coaster since 1992 being the only club to win the prem outside the big four and going to Europe for football reasons rather than package holidays - who can forget the Feyenoord expedition?? (actually, I forget huge swathes of it).

I accept things are not good at the moment and respect everybody's passion for the club whether they've been watching for 6 months, 6 years or six decades, but please let's keep it in perspective and be grateful for what the Jersey connection has done for our club over a sustained period. Perhaps a few more of the good people of East Lancashire showing they actually want a premiership proposition by parking their buttocks on a seat in the stands instead of on a bar stool with some dodgy satellite TV reception or wending their way to Old Trafford/Anfield would help them increase their largesse.

As it is, if I were in their shoes I would be seriously questioning the viability of BRFC as a premiership proposition with their 17k home fans average despite the miracles worked over the last few seasons on the pitch and would be contemplating whether our natural home is in the Championship with all the other town teams. Only a few short years ago we could command 20+k home fans and it seems the area cannot afford the costs of maintaining a Premiership club and it is only the good grace of the scrooges in Jersey that have kept us at such exalted heights, despite the best efforts of the club to market themselves in what is a very club-intensive and partisan county.

Unpalatable, I know, but I suspect you know in your hearts that I am right - I hope you recognise I take no pleasure in being so.

In the meantime, be careful who you turn on in your frustration at our plight - it may come back to bite you.

As someone who has been going to Ewood since 1974, I find this comment preposterous and short on perspective. Without the scrooges from Jersey, we would be another Blackpool/Preston/Burnley with no realistic prospect other than the occasional play-off spot or the odd cup run. Instead, thanks to the scrooges, we have had a roller-coaster since 1992 being the only club to win the prem outside the big four and going to Europe for football reasons rather than package holidays - who can forget the Feyenoord expedition?? (actually, I forget huge swathes of it).

I accept things are not good at the moment and respect everybody's passion for the club whether they've been watching for 6 months, 6 years or six decades, but please let's keep it in perspective and be grateful for what the Jersey connection has done for our club over a sustained period. Perhaps a few more of the good people of East Lancashire showing they actually want a premiership proposition by parking their buttocks on a seat in the stands instead of on a bar stool with some dodgy satellite TV reception or wending their way to Old Trafford/Anfield would help them increase their largesse.

As it is, if I were in their shoes I would be seriously questioning the viability of BRFC as a premiership proposition with their 17k home fans average despite the miracles worked over the last few seasons on the pitch and would be contemplating whether our natural home is in the Championship with all the other town teams. Only a few short years ago we could command 20+k home fans and it seems the area cannot afford the costs of maintaining a Premiership club and it is only the good grace of the scrooges in Jersey that have kept us at such exalted heights, despite the best efforts of the club to market themselves in what is a very club-intensive and partisan county.

Unpalatable, I know, but I suspect you know in your hearts that I am right - I hope you recognise I take no pleasure in being so.

In the meantime, be careful who you turn on in your frustration at our plight - it may come back to bite you.

And before you ask, I don't know why it shows twice

Why has my post displayed twice?

I haven't a clue and did not like it that much I wanted you all to read it again!!

Archived