SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl 09

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cutler Tells Team To Trade Him

By Vic Lombardi

CBS4 has learned that disgruntled Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler is no longer in Denver and is done negotiating with the team. Cutler will not be attending Monday's voluntary team workout. Sources tell CBS4 he has told the Broncos to trade him.

Cuter and his agent met face to face with the Broncos Saturday where no progress was made between the quarterback and his new head coach.

Cutler recently put his house on the market. We're told that the timing of the sale is merely coincidence. Cutler had been planning to sell the house for several months.

CBS4 has also learned that tight end Tony Scheffler intends on skipping tomorrow's voluntary session.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/cutler....2.958850.html

****************************************************************************************************

I feel a "paul ince" situation developing ,the locals are after mcd head already!

Could Denver get the top draft pick out of this? Trade Cutler to Detroit for their pick? They could then acquire a veteran QB from free agency and select the likes of Stafford, Sanchez or Freeman to groom for the future. Or they could use the choice to shore up their leaky defence and use their own pick further down to get a young QB.

With it being such a public affair they won't get full value on Cutler now. They'll either be stuck with him or have to trade him for something less, which probably won't involve a top draft pick now.

But say the Lions (for example) want Cutler - a Pro-Bowl QB - what else do they have to trade? Their second first round pick perhaps?

The talk on NFLTA was that Cutler is, well, a bit a of a w**ker, especially in the dressing room. Maybe Denver really does want rid.

Again, Cutler is a talented qb, but I wouldn't be upset to see him go. Just doesn't have the natural leadership of the greats.

His house was already going to be sold, by the way, he was going to buy a larger place.

Simms is a decent quaterback, but he isn't up to be a starter in the NFL. His arm doesn't have enough strength and he doesn't read the game well enough. He's a fine to have as a back-up, but his NFL career hasn't quite lived up to his college days.

another rumour doing the rounds..

The Philadelphia Inquirer reported the Washington Redskins are trying to land unhappy quarterback Jay Cutler from the Denver Broncos. According to the report, the rumored deal would also include the Kansas City Chiefs.

According to the report, Cutler would end up in Washington, Matt Cassel in Denver and Jason Campbell in Kansas City.

According to The Inquirer, the 'Skins are denying they have any intention of dumping Campbell, which shows they were paying attention when the Broncos got themselves into this mess to begin with. New coach Josh McDaniels, formerly QB coach and offensive coordinator for the Patriots, actively tried to trade Cutler for Cassel last month, didn't succeed, then lied about it.

I think that McDaniel is comfortable with him running his offense. Not a big fan myself, but then again, Cutler has a career record of 27-30 as a starter. I think the best comparison I read about Jay was with Jeff George. Loads of talent, but lacking in leadership ability.

Bring back the Snake!

Yeah but TD makes a good point as well. This isn´t just on Cutler - the way I see it a large part of this situation is on the way management and coaching staff have dealt with the situation. As TD said, if you know that your head coach wanted someone else that´s a pretty ###### situation to be in. If you are not wanted at your work you cannot function to the best of your ability.

Depends what you believe - its been said that Cutler wanted out before the Cassel debacle because Bates was let go and he was upset about Shanahan.

As Deion said, there's a C on your chest, your team needs you, lead.

Depends what you believe - its been said that Cutler wanted out before the Cassel debacle because Bates was let go and he was upset about Shanahan.

As Deion said, there's a C on your chest, your team needs you, lead.

Yes, but at the same time it doesn´t cost much for the new head coach to say to him that "you are my QB", that he is an important part of this team, that they want to build around him. Why even shop for Cassel at all?

Broncos dance party: Ten teams like Cutler

The team has listened but is telling suitors it wants to keep its angry QB.

By Mike Klis

The Denver Post

If the Broncos decide to formally put Jay Cutler up for trade, they won't have trouble finding partners.

An NFL source said "more than 10" teams have called the Broncos this week inquiring about Cutler.

In most instances, those teams communicated nothing more than interest should Cutler become available. The Broncos have listened but have told all comers their plan is not to trade Cutler. He requested to be traded Sunday.

Cutler, 25, threw for a franchise-record 4,526 yards and was named to the Pro Bowl last season, but his relationship with new coach Josh McDaniels has been sideways since Cutler learned of a trade proposal that would have made former New England quarterback Matt Cassel the Broncos' quarterback. Cutler would have gone to Tampa Bay in the three-team deal.

Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, told NFL.com on Wednesday the root of his client's discontent was that Broncos owner Pat Bowlen didn't keep his word of retaining his offensive coaching staff intact after firing head coach Mike Shanahan. Instead, Cook said, Bowlen hired McDaniels, an offensive-minded coach who didn't want to keep Shanahan's top quarterback assistant, Jeremy Bates.

However, Cook must have forgotten Cutler signed off on the coaching changes during Super Bowl week, a few days after McDaniels set his staff.

"I talked to him after he got hired and it went really well," Cutler said of McDaniels on Jan. 30. "You know, when we got off the phone, I was excited, I really was. I had a good feeling about it."

Clearly, Cutler's problem is with the trade proposal and how McDaniels has since handled it. McDaniels admitted to Cutler he had interest in Cassel after coaching him the previous three seasons as New England's offensive coordinator. But McDaniels also said his interest never reached a point where he submitted the idea to Bowlen. Cassel was instead traded to Kansas City.

Since then, McDaniels and Cutler have talked twice, one in a conference call, and again Saturday in a meeting that also included Cook and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders.

Each conversation ended without Cutler not feeling reassured McDaniels trusts him to be his quarterback. After issuing his trade request, Cutler skipped McDaniels' first team meeting Monday and the first week of the team's offseason conditioning program.

A second NFL source said the Broncos remain optimistic about soothing the situation with their quarterback. Team officials do not want to give up on the tantalizing possibility of teaming Cutler's enormous, if not fully developed, talent with a coach who coordinated a New England offense to an NFL record 589 points in 2007.

The Broncos would not be surprised if teams more aggressively pursue Cutler during the NFL owners meetings that begin Sunday in Dana Point, Calif.

Which teams would be interested in Cutler? It might be easier to count the teams who already have franchise quarterbacks.

Teams who figure to have untouchable passers are New England (Tom Brady), Indianapolis (Peyton Manning), New Orleans (Drew Brees), the New York Giants (Eli Manning), San Diego (Philip Rivers), Pittsburgh (Ben Roethlisberger), Cincinnati (Carson Palmer), Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers), Atlanta (Matt Ryan) and Baltimore (Joe Flacco).

Yes, but at the same time it doesn´t cost much for the new head coach to say to him that "you are my QB", that he is an important part of this team, that they want to build around him. Why even shop for Cassel at all?

Perhaps - but this is all after the event (allegedly). Cutler wanted out - maybe McDaniels knew this?

Broncos dance party: Ten teams like Cutler

The team has listened but is telling suitors it wants to keep its angry QB.

By Mike Klis

The Denver Post

If the Broncos decide to formally put Jay Cutler up for trade, they won't have trouble finding partners.

An NFL source said "more than 10" teams have called the Broncos this week inquiring about Cutler.

In most instances, those teams communicated nothing more than interest should Cutler become available. The Broncos have listened but have told all comers their plan is not to trade Cutler. He requested to be traded Sunday.

Cutler, 25, threw for a franchise-record 4,526 yards and was named to the Pro Bowl last season, but his relationship with new coach Josh McDaniels has been sideways since Cutler learned of a trade proposal that would have made former New England quarterback Matt Cassel the Broncos' quarterback. Cutler would have gone to Tampa Bay in the three-team deal.

Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, told NFL.com on Wednesday the root of his client's discontent was that Broncos owner Pat Bowlen didn't keep his word of retaining his offensive coaching staff intact after firing head coach Mike Shanahan. Instead, Cook said, Bowlen hired McDaniels, an offensive-minded coach who didn't want to keep Shanahan's top quarterback assistant, Jeremy Bates.

However, Cook must have forgotten Cutler signed off on the coaching changes during Super Bowl week, a few days after McDaniels set his staff.

"I talked to him after he got hired and it went really well," Cutler said of McDaniels on Jan. 30. "You know, when we got off the phone, I was excited, I really was. I had a good feeling about it."

Clearly, Cutler's problem is with the trade proposal and how McDaniels has since handled it. McDaniels admitted to Cutler he had interest in Cassel after coaching him the previous three seasons as New England's offensive coordinator. But McDaniels also said his interest never reached a point where he submitted the idea to Bowlen. Cassel was instead traded to Kansas City.

Since then, McDaniels and Cutler have talked twice, one in a conference call, and again Saturday in a meeting that also included Cook and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders.

Each conversation ended without Cutler not feeling reassured McDaniels trusts him to be his quarterback. After issuing his trade request, Cutler skipped McDaniels' first team meeting Monday and the first week of the team's offseason conditioning program.

A second NFL source said the Broncos remain optimistic about soothing the situation with their quarterback. Team officials do not want to give up on the tantalizing possibility of teaming Cutler's enormous, if not fully developed, talent with a coach who coordinated a New England offense to an NFL record 589 points in 2007.

The Broncos would not be surprised if teams more aggressively pursue Cutler during the NFL owners meetings that begin Sunday in Dana Point, Calif.

Which teams would be interested in Cutler? It might be easier to count the teams who already have franchise quarterbacks.

Teams who figure to have untouchable passers are New England (Tom Brady), Indianapolis (Peyton Manning), New Orleans (Drew Brees), the New York Giants (Eli Manning), San Diego (Philip Rivers), Pittsburgh (Ben Roethlisberger), Cincinnati (Carson Palmer), Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers), Atlanta (Matt Ryan) and Baltimore (Joe Flacco).

The Broncos should be telling everyone they want to keep Cutler if only to keep his worth high. The funniest thing about that whole article is the assertion that Carson Palmer is untouchable.

Archived