BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl 09

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps - but this is all after the event (allegedly). Cutler wanted out - maybe McDaniels knew this?

Then the obvious option is this. Sit down and clear the air in private. Make it absolutely clear that you want Cutler to stay as the QB and leader of this team. It´s either that or you go get another QB and make damn sure you GET the other guy. If you do you´re trading the other guy anyway.

If you don´t, you´re in this mess. A franchise QB wanting to leave and no obvious replacement should he go. You spend all the time and energy retooling your defense, which really needed it, and you make this QB thing a bigger deal than it needed to be.

I thought Palmer was one of the few wholly positive aspects of the Bengals organisation.

He's got one of the best receiving corps in the league, or atleast did have. He should post decent numbers. Still no idea what he's ever done to deserve "untouchable" status. Has he ever played in a play off game, let alone won one?

Then the obvious option is this. Sit down and clear the air in private. Make it absolutely clear that you want Cutler to stay as the QB and leader of this team. It´s either that or you go get another QB and make damn sure you GET the other guy. If you do you´re trading the other guy anyway.

If you don´t, you´re in this mess. A franchise QB wanting to leave and no obvious replacement should he go. You spend all the time and energy retooling your defense, which really needed it, and you make this QB thing a bigger deal than it needed to be.

I agree with all of this. There's obviously a reason why McDaniels doesn't fancy a pro bowl QB who threw for over 4500 yards last season. I have no idea what the reason is, but I know one thing for sure - McDaniels knows what it takes to be a top level QB in the NFL. If Cutler leaves I'm sure we'll find out the truth.

I like it, how high would the pick from Cleveland be?

What I saw today was Quinn and Gerald Warren.

I like the idea of Quinn because he's young and because he had experience with the offense at Notre Dame - probably won't happen, though.

Cutler and a 3rd round pick to the Bears for Kyle Orton and this and next year's first rounders according to ESPN.com - Broncos announce he's been traded to the Bears, but didn't say for what.

Big move. Are the Broncos fans here happy with Orton starting at QB? I'm hoping to visit a friend in Chicago in September. Would love to see Cutler (one of my favourite players to watch last year) in action. He should prosper with that fearsome defence to back him up. They should look to get a receiver in the draft now.

The biggest loser is McDaniels.he rolled the dice and lost. And it was all unnecessary.and cutler acted like a mard arse.orton ????????????? mmmmm not sure ,i hope we draft a stud rb because it will take pressure off the o.

mac = ince

cutler = bentley.

Completely disagree. Cutler has been petulant this whole time, and as I've said before, might have the talent, but lacks the maturity and leadership to be a championship QB (my favorite is "I never asked for a trade" even though he put it out in the media twice that he wanted a trade).

McDaniels has done a good job re-building the defense and now has the picks to do even more. It was shown with Cassel that most any QB can succeed in his offense - trust me, I watched a lot of the Patriots last season to know that Cassel is not naturally a great QB.

Jeff George MK2.

Is the general consensus that Orton is the guy now? Thats not good news, the Broncos have to draft a QB now, remains to be seen if they can move up.

In other news, the Giants have just cut Plaxico.

Dear Broncos Fan,

I am writing this letter today because I feel compelled to give our community and our fans an explanation regarding the Jay Cutler situation.

One of my directives to Josh McDaniels upon his hiring was that he consider everything possible to return the Broncos to the level which you and I both expect, and this certainly includes making a fair evaluation of every opportunity presented to us which might improve the team. He and General Manager Brian Xanders have had my complete support throughout, and they have it now. It is important that you know that at all times we represented ourselves to Jay with honesty and integrity.

I assure you both Josh and I made repeated attempts to reach out to Jay, and I can not speak for him as to why he chose to limit his response. Ultimately, given his unwillingness to speak with either of us directly in the last 12 days — at the same time his agent clearly stating to us Jay’s intentions — it became very apparent to me personally that he no longer wanted to play for the Denver Broncos. As such, we elected to trade him.

Understand this: it remains about team. Our franchise has gone to the Super Bowl six times, with three different coaches and with many different players. It has never been about one player, and it never will be. Coach McDaniels shares this vision, and everyone in the organization — players, coaches and staff — must understand and accept this unconditionally. If anyone does not, that person will not be a part of this franchise.

I am extremely proud of our franchise, its accomplishments, and the region and fans that we represent. We have an illustrious history, one which we are all anxious to add to, and if someone does not wish to be with us as we head in this direction, then we will move on, and move forward.

Over 96 percent of our season ticket holders have chosen to renew their tickets for the 2009 season. This is once again a compelling statement of support and trust by the greatest fans in the NFL, and I assure you my only goal is and always will be to compete at the highest championship level.

The Denver Broncos will move forward in 2009 as one team, united with the most loyal and passionate fan base in football, towards the only goal we will ever pursue.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your understanding and continued support.

Sincerely,

Pat Bowlen

vick anyone?????????????

Am happy with Orton (for now), but wouldn't mind taking a shot a Rex Grossman - he reminds me of Jake Plummer in that he doesn't look pretty, but wins. Denver can rectify the mistake made when they benched the Snake.

Archived