BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009 - Ultimate Team

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which kit is that, is it navy?

Team has progressed well tonight and found some more bargains.

Team now playing 3-4-3

Managed to bag a keeper called miller(80) for just 200

Menez (80) for 600 and Asamoah (76) for 500

Team now consists of - 7 gold rated, 4 silver rated - and gold rated Martin O'Neill as boss.

Na I need one that is a different colour to my other blue (yes i know its not the same design or shade). I was thinking another halved kit to keep the theme going - only decent away kit I can think is Fulham (as it was our design more or less), but I cant see that one anywhere. Any other away halved kits?

Managed to sign 2 more bargains later last night. De la Red (78) for 550 and Colotto (Argentinian defender 76) for 250.

Im going to be selling a few players soon though - Dopper what would take for Silva, swap deal with Menez?

Guest Kamy100

I am really struggling to buy good players, all I seem to do is play matches and then have to buy bronze packs of cards in order to get some contract renewal cards as after each game there are always players needing new contracts, is there any other way to get these contract cards? As otherwise I am struggling to save up coins.

Yes buy the contract cards in the trading area. You can pick up bargains if you look proper. I havent bought a pack of cards for about 12 games now - just do all the trading in this area instead.

Iv managed to get gold & silver contract cards for as little as 300 coins. Dont forget the better quality the card, the longer the contract - also look at the cards you are bidding for - just because its silver doesnt mean its a set amount of contract length.

Menez is available for 2000 if anyone wants him. Or my RWB (rated 76 I think) for 1500 or you can have Amdy Faye (Now rated 74) for 1200.

Hughsey -Sorry mate he has gone. I've just put Sneijder up for auction though - currently bid on for 1250 coins.

Im looking to sell deco and Pirlo at the minute.

Say 8000 coins for both if anyone is interested?

Well, you can't blame me for trying (not bad 4k each)- be suprised if you get him for that cheap though.

I've played a tournament against the computer and just got regular coins for a win (average about 600 coins per win), there was no bonus for actually winning the competition.

Just had an offer of the entire Rovers setup (badge and both kits) for Silva (who I have got AGAIN!) and Micah Richards which is tempting.

Ive also just brought a striker who is silver rated only 66 overall but he has 99 pace and acceleration

Guest Kamy100

I managed to get Roque Santa Cruz for 1100 coins and Gareth Barry for 900 coins, there are some real bargains out there if you are willing to invest time in looking for players. I also got Javier Saviola for 550 coins.

Hughesy you get coins for all types of games that you play including tournaments.

Yeah I know you get coins for all, but I meant did the competitions give you more coins - i.e. if you win it.

Yep some bargains out there. Replaced O'Neill with Zola for 700 as not too many top Irish players out there.

Now have a back 4 of all italians too and all rated either 76 or 78.

Midfield 4 of Nzogbia (78), De La Red(78), Riquelme (81) & Asamoah (76) TOTAL cost of mid = 2200

2 up top - Caracciolo 73 (top scorer) and Marioni (78)

Iv also got Menez (80), Faye (75), Daerden (73) all on my bench.

Quick question people - do you earn more coins if you play in tournaments? Iv never played one so not sure myself.

Yes you get bonus coins for winning tournament - for that reason I play most of my games in tournaments. I think there are about 18 tournaments online but each tournament you can win three times - first you win the bronze trpohy, then the silver, then the gold.

I won my first trophy last night - the divisional cup (bronze) - I was a little disappointed to only get 200 bonus coins but I think you get bigger bonuses when you enter better tournaments as well as the same tournament in Silver and Gold. It doesn't matter if you get knocked out you still get your game bonus coins and you just start again.

I've stopped buying packs of cards now, I just save about 5,000 and go shopping on the Auction House. I rarely put bids in because I can't be bothered to wait so I pay a little more using "buy it now" all the time.

I'm still sticking with the 4-4-2 but I've kept Evra in the team for now as he's so quick. I've also got a RWB called Dani Alves (84) who is excellent but I'm looking to get an English back four really.

My team is really starting to take shape now - I've just bought Emerton (RM) for a bargain 400 coins and I've also bagged RSC for 2000. Not ideal due to the nationality issue but they are at least both 442 and I had my blue and white goggles at the time.

Word to the wise for people new to the auction house - it's been mentioned before but for god's sake check the players contract length before you buy, or at least make sure you have player contract cards in reserve. You could conceivably buy a player and lose him after one game.

I very rarely use the buy now option - I wait for any players iv seen and make a bid on those.

I managed to get Zola last night for only 700 coins, and he had a contract length of 24 games attached.

If anyone has any good tips for my right wing then give me a shout. I need someone with bags of pace, that fits into 4-4-2 - or 4-1-2-1-2 ideally Spanish (although its not too important).

Also who would people have as the 1st choice strikers, need to be from the same country. Need to have lots of pace & power. Was thinking maybe Kone & Drogba?

I very rarely use the buy now option - I wait for any players iv seen and make a bid on those.

I managed to get Zola last night for only 700 coins, and he had a contract length of 24 games attached.

If anyone has any good tips for my right wing then give me a shout. I need someone with bags of pace, that fits into 4-4-2 - or 4-1-2-1-2 ideally Spanish (although its not too important).

Also who would people have as the 1st choice strikers, need to be from the same country. Need to have lots of pace & power. Was thinking maybe Kone & Drogba?

I've got Jesus Navas - spansih RM with 85 speed I think.

Dani Alves (85 ish) isn't a bad shout although he's classed as a RWB for Barca but I've been playing him as RM - although he's 4-4-2 he's Brazilian but he's so quick, can cross tackle and dribble I can live with it.

No I need players in their positions - I currently have Asamoah there but he isnt quick enough and he is classed as RW rather than RM. Iv already got De la Red playing in CDM when he is a CM.

Navas is a good shout - might consider him.

Was gutted last night - had won 28 games in a row, when my connection died and gave me a loss!!!

Guest Kamy100

My player fitness is becoming a issue, how people deal with it? Do you rest player or buy cards which boost player fitness? The problem is that while my first eleven is very good, the reserve players are not so good.

I am very amazed by the amount of depth this mode has and how DAMN ADDICTIVE IT IS!

Very addictive, especially if you are using the trading area to bid for players - that can eat your time away no problem.

I tend to rest 2 or 3 players each game and then play them for 2 or 3 games, before they get a rest again. Im hoping by the end of tonight il have a mainly Gold first choice 16, so it wont matter too much who I rest and replace them with.

Is anyone having much luck selling their bronze or silver players? Very few of mine have sold in the past (although they were poor quality) - il be adding alot more quality to my sale list tonight.

Very addictive, especially if you are using the trading area to bid for players - that can eat your time away no problem.

I tend to rest 2 or 3 players each game and then play them for 2 or 3 games, before they get a rest again. Im hoping by the end of tonight il have a mainly Gold first choice 16, so it wont matter too much who I rest and replace them with.

Is anyone having much luck selling their bronze or silver players? Very few of mine have sold in the past (although they were poor quality) - il be adding alot more quality to my sale list tonight.

Best thing to do with bronze and silver players is add them to the collection. You will get about 300 coins for a silver

Was gutted last night - had won 28 games in a row, when my connection died and gave me a loss!!!

If you had played these as tournament games you have won several trophies by now and earned a stack of coins.

SILVER & BRONZE PLAYERS: I choose "Add these to collection" on most of these - they don't tend to sell on the auction house but you get a few coins for adding them into your collection. Plus, I believe, if you complete a team (or a set) a la Panini sticker albums you also get some significant coinage. That's an avenue I haven't gone down yet as I'm too busy building up my team but it's another face to the game and another way of earning coins.

However you wish the play out the game cash is king. Never thought I would get addicted to this as much as I have.

Plus I've also noticed if a player disconnects it gets you about 400 coins and a 3-0 victory! I think two players playing together could exploit this for free coins though.... i.e. Keep playing each other and taking it in turns to quit. (Edit: Haven't/wouldn't try this as it would spoil the game)

Yeah it is addicting - my squad is starting to look good now -

O. Sanchez 82

Boruc 80

Samba 80

Heitanga 80

Richards 85

Chimbonda 82

Marcelo 77

King 82

Mertesaker 82

Boswinga 82

Deco 81

Pirlo 82

Essien 85

Navas 80

Emerton

Pedersen

Reid

Silva 82

Nedved 85

I'm struggling with strikers though only got:

Venegoor Hessilink

Caceido

Brandy (99 speed fast as)

Some german

Plus I've also noticed if a player disconnects it gets you about 400 coins and a 3-0 victory! I think two players playing together could exploit this for free coins though.... i.e. Keep playing each other and taking it in turns to quit. (Edit: Haven't/wouldn't try this as it would spoil the game)

Not much point to that though because you would gain 400 points for the game you play and then wouldnt get anything for the next one (which you quit) - you would of then played 2 games and therefore reduced contracts, yet if you had played and won both game then you would have approx 1400-1600 coins.

A very handy squad you have there dopper - what system you playing and how they all fitting in? Is Silva LM?

Im addicted to this game too. It will be getting another 3 or 4 hour stint tonight.

Also is there a way to see who is selling the player? I.e if I set up a deal so that someone Id agreed with was to buy him - how would he find that player?

Not much point to that though because you would gain 400 points for the game you play and then wouldnt get anything for the next one (which you quit) - you would of then played 2 games and therefore reduced contracts, yet if you had played and won both game then you would have approx 1400-1600 coins.

A very handy squad you have there dopper - what system you playing and how they all fitting in? Is Silva LM?

Im addicted to this game too. It will be getting another 3 or 4 hour stint tonight.

Also is there a way to see who is selling the player? I.e if I set up a deal so that someone Id agreed with was to buy him - how would he find that player?

Im playing 4-4-2 at the minute, which means that Silva (LM), Pirlo and Essien are all out of the squad at the minute. I think Ive got Tiago and Parker as my CM pairing - just to enhance the team chemistry.

To sell to a mate put your player on for a ridiculous price, then your mate needs to search for him at that price and offer you the agreed amount.

To sell to a mate put your player on for a ridiculous price, then your mate needs to search for him at that price and offer you the agreed amount.

But surely that would mean that your mate would have to pay the daft price?? :unsure:

Are you sure you get 300 coins for sending silver players to your collection too?

Archived