BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009 - Ultimate Team

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent all my time in the last couple of sessions sorting out contracts. Getting to be a real chore. Has anyone noticed not all bronze/silver/gold cards are the same. Some silver cards are as good as or better than some gold cards. Finding it hard to save up any money due to the amount of contracts that need renewing. Bought harry redknapp as manager for 300 but he made my team chem worse. For sale at about 500 if anyone wants him.

Managed to get 4-1-2-1 formation last night to allow me to adjust fergie for just 300. I also got Reira & Kuyt for a total of 750 (although both will probably just be sold).

Also got a 3-5-2 formation which Il be selling later - and I currently have around 15 players/ managers for sale - including the likes of Cahill, Van der Vaart, Frings, Bale, Miller (gk), Hughes & Zola.

Must of had at least 7 gold packs so far, and not 1 top, top player has appeared in them yet!

Guest Kamy100

People having trouble with contracts should try and get a manager who has +3 negotiating skills.

I got E. Sanchez Flores, cost me 350 and he adds +3 matches to every contract card +3 is the maximum, there is a Bronze Scottish one who adds +2 which is the best for Bronze, there are no silver +3 ones as far as I'm aware.

So if you get a Bronze Contract Card (lots and lots can be bought for 150 coins from trading section) which gives you 2 matches for gold players, with Flores as manager that converts to 5 matches.

I have decided not buy gold packs, with 5000 coins and a bit of time to search you could buy 10 gold players, whereas with the gold packs you normally get a maximum of 2/3 players and there is no gurantee that they will fit your formation etc.

The gold packs are winding me up today. Earlier I bought one and got 3 silver rated players and a load of junk.

Just bought another and I got a dingle, some clown from Blackpool and a poor gold striker. + side to the pack was the barca badge and 3 gold contract cards.

The gold packs are winding me up today. Earlier I bought one and got 3 silver rated players and a load of junk.

Just bought another and I got a dingle, some clown from Blackpool and a poor gold striker. + side to the pack was the barca badge and 3 gold contract cards.

Tell me about it mate I buy a GOLD pack I expect GOLD cards not silver pieces of junk. Best player (by a long way) I've had in a pack is Evra - rest of them are so insignificant I can't remember them. In fact if you are mad enough to actually PAY 85p or whatever to buy them I think there is a genuine case for trading standards (might try that they might give me Messi and Torres to shut me up).

Plus I think some cards are more common than others - I've had Emerton TWICE now in a gold pack - either I'm very unlucky or there's something fishy going on...

Only reason I buy the packs now are for contract renewal cards as you can usually guarantee at least a couple.

I cant be arsed with gold contract cards. Too many people bidding on them. I was bidding before with like 5 seconds left and still getting out bid. People were getting bids in with 1 second left! The better silver cards are just as good as some gold cards anyway, so with a manager with negotiations plus 3, you can usually get silver cards which add up to 10 games onto gold player. I usually get silver cards for just a couple of hundred coins rather than 5 or 600 like gold. My player contracts are looking abit healthier now.

Bought Harry Redknapp for 300 and sold him for 450, just sold Dos Santos for 700.

After a good keeper now with a prefered formation of 4-4-2.

As my team has got better my results have got worse for some reason. Do your players have a form or morale or something, as there playing crap at the moment. Keep conceeding headers from corners and crazy rebound own goals. Well annoying.

I just won an auction for a goalkeeper. I got in the last bid and the auction expired. However It doesnt come up with the message of congratulations you won an auction, hence I cant put him in my squad. Went back on goalkeeper search and the player is still there, with a tick next to it indicating im the highest bidder, yet the status is expired.

Why wont he go into my squad? Does the seller have to accept or something first?

Its been going slow like that today - dont worry you will get him. I had the same with Nasri & Drogba but both are now in my team. Iv also got 4 players iv sold that have yet to make the move. (Just problems with thier servers probably).

Now got an Italian back 4, 3 French in Midfield and Ivory Coast strikers in Kalou & Drogba

4000 i got him for. Got Nasri for just 1600 too. That issue with player trades has been affecting all since around 1pm it looks like. It will catch up, just takes time at the moment according to the forums

People having trouble with contracts should try and get a manager who has +3 negotiating skills.

I got E. Sanchez Flores, cost me 350 and he adds +3 matches to every contract card +3 is the maximum, there is a Bronze Scottish one who adds +2 which is the best for Bronze, there are no silver +3 ones as far as I'm aware.

I'm bidding on Flores right now. Managed to buy the Rovers badge today for 400 coins and Steven Reid.

So far i've got-

Spanish GK (74)

Bridge (77), Delpierre (77), Burdisso (77), Savinaud (69)

ME (71), Santana Cleberson (77), Gago (77), Emerton (77)

Benni (79), Marica (78)

I'm bidding on loads of people - I'm hoping to get Flores (manager) and Paul Robinson (GK) then I need to improve my subs.

I've got loads of crests and those cards which allow speed boosts etc.. do they normally sell well?

For 800 Microsoft points the game is very addictive and has definitely extended the life-cycle of my copy of Fifa 09.

Just sold my old manager Argones (sp? spanish manager) with a 48 game contract for 12000 coins!

Happy days

Im not finding any trouble with contracts now that the money is coming in. My player with the leats contract is currently Robinho with 23 games remaining.

PS - What is everyones team called? Mines Ewood Glory lol

Blackburn 2nds! There are some proper arses online who play like absolute turds. Take ages on the formation screen, watch every replay and al the highlights then score a cheap goal (dribbling from centre) then pass the ball around defense and time waste for the rest of the game. Why are football games plagued by such idiots online. Does my head in.

Iv been getting annoyed with it today iv played about 15 games today and every player, bar 1 has quit on me when it gets to 2 or 3-0. Muppets!

It bugs me because I then gain about 500 coins from the game, rather than 8-900 coins

Bought Van Der Vaart for about 800 coins and the Inter Defender Rivas for around 350 coins today. My team is now rated as 4.5 stars. My subs are crap though. I dont think ive ever had more than 2000 coins saved up so far!

How many games have you lot played on it? Im only around the mid 20's, only ever go on for an hour or two at a time.

Hughsey whats your team called?

BLUE ARMY

Played 127 matches according to the top right of my screen. Lost 6 in total (2 of which were disconnections).

Play 4-1-2-1 with Fergie (91) as boss - Got a 22 man squad at the moment - with 20 more for sale (including Yakubu, NZogbia, Marcelo, Rivas, Asamoah, Muntari - also selling the Arsenal & Barca badges if anyone is interested)

Guest Kamy100

Haven't been playing much online as it is full of kids who are using fully assisted controls and have teams full of players who are at 99, although did beat someone 4-0 with such a team as his team had very low chemistry. I really wish you could play friends, even if it meant you got no coins for those matches.

Playing through the offline cups, I have worked on my team and got a good starting 11 and have a team chemistry of 89, my team is:

Mark Schwatzer

Steve Finnan

Chris Samba

Uflausi (sp)

Gabriel Heinze

Geremi

Barry

Cambbasio

Pedersen or Ben Afra

Santa Cruz

Fabiano

Now I am working on my squad players. I have never bought a gold pack, have built this team from wheeling/dealing.

How can you have a team chemistry of 89 when none of your players come from the same country?

Iv got some good players for sale if your interested - Giggs, Yakubu, Muntari, Rivas, NZogbia

You can get chemistry bonuses if your manager and players prefer the same formation? Do you get any more for winning games?

Has anyone got ideas for improvements? I wish you could see who you have bid for, so that you can plan ahead a bit more.

I wish there was a search filter option for time ending soonest. Does my tits in having to scroll through 300 + cards to find one that is ending any time soon. I have real trouble saving any amount of cash, simply due to the number of contracts that need renewing. The contracts are the single most annoying thing on it IMO. Wish they were cheaper or lasted longer.

Giggs & NZogbia both prefer 4-4-2.

Yakubu is 4-4-1-1 and im asking 1800 for him.

Yeah you get bonus for your players & manager liking the same position, you also gain chemistry for players in their correct position and finally you get chemistry for having players from same country.

Archived