BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009 - Ultimate Team

To be honest though I very rarely pay more than 6-700 for a gold contract, and they are usually at least 13+.

Have you any players for trade? If not make me an offer and il say yay or nay.

Ive got ashavin for trade, also hangaland (sp), and RVP. Got a messi i want rid of aswell

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My top tip would be to build an all silver rated team like I currently have. All the players I have are rated 75 and under but no matter which team I field I still have 100 chemistry. Contracts seem to last for ever and money quickly builds up and expenditure on silver players is peanuts. Its good beating 5 star teams with my 3 1/2 star!

Im well on my way to 150,000 coins in the bank!

Team Now:

1st String

..........German GK (85)

Fritz....Rivas....Cordoba.....Chivu

............Ze Roberto..................

Jesus Navas...........Adriano

...............Diego.............

...Luis Fabiano..Adriano....

2nd String:

........................Toldo...........................

Chimbonda..Pepe...Rivas.....Spanish LB (79)

.................Cambiaso......................

M Rodriguez......................Nedved

.................Riquelme..............

........Bellion.............(Adriano/Fabiano)

Manager: Scolari.

Team Chemistry: 1st team - 92, 2nd team 77.

Pretty good squad now. Just struggle to keep the contracts in check.

I dont see the point in quitting. There doesnt seem to be any records showing your win/loss ratio, and if they finish the game they would at least get some coins rather than none. They should punish more for quitting.

I've ditched 442 for 3421. I bought loads of training cards for players and converted Moyes too. Next I sold off most of my reserves and converted the players I want to keep. Now I have a 19 man squad.

I'll second the lesser team idea. I've got Gold players, but kept the same nationality - English Keeper/Defence, Possibly German midfield and French attack.

The best thing about 3421 is that I can get the formation cards for under 500 coins. This means I can now buy any player and convert them to my formation. If I kept playing 442 then I would need tens of thousands for one formation card.

Am I right in thinking that even though I have 2 and 1 upfront - I must have all 3 players as the same nationality to get the chemistry bonus? So I couldn't have a Brazilian LW and RW and a different ST? It's also a pain having LF's and LW's.

No I think the LW/ RW's 2 need to be the same nationality, however the ST can be from wherever.

PS3 - have changed their auction list so that everything is now in time order - and its pushing the prices up of contracts/ players etc. Gutted!!!

I think I have a 22 man squad. I swap my entire attack & midfield on an alternative basis and also change 2 of my 4 defenders for each game.

Ben it shouldnt matter. I won 32 games in a row the other day despite playing many all 99 teams. I still havent lost but my connection died on game 32 so it broke my streak.

Aslong as your team is good enough and has a high chemistry then you should beat most aslong as you are good at fifa.

Buy Samba and Crouch? ;)

I've got a decent team now with my 3421 formation.

Robinson

Brown, Ferdinand, *Me*

Maxi, Borowski, Carrick, Ribery

Ben Arfa, Govou

Trezeguet

Chemistry 87.

I've gone for an English defence and French attack. Not decided on a midfield yet. I'd like to keep Ribery and maybe have a French/German conbination as I have Schweisensteiger(SP) on the bench, but he's not converted to 3421 yet.

Bench-

German Keeper 85

Schweisensteiger(SP)

Lucio

Scholes

Robben

Curtis Davies

Santa Cruz

Changing my formation has really helped as I can buy different players now. The downside is that all transfers are sorted by time remaining so I am finding that only big-name players (On FIFA) sell well. :(

1st Team

---------------------------Buffon (96)------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Zambrotta (86)---Gamberini (89)--Chiellini (88)---Moretti (85)

-------Carrick (81)-------Gerrard (91)-------Scholes (81)------

-----------Keita (86)------Drogba (89)------Kalou (87)---------

Subs/ Reserve Team:

-Nesta (86)

-Bonera (84)

-Panucci (80)

-Kaka (90)

-Nasri (88)

-Osman (77)

-Barry (81)

-Van Nistlerooy (91)

-Rooney (92)

-Agbonlahor (86)

-Defoe (82)

-Tevez (86)

I think morale plays quite a big part. Got thumped a couple of days ago against a really good player, which then led to me losing about 3 or 4 games in a row and playing crap (though they were all pretty good players). However managed to win the next game, since then ive won 4 in a row all by 3 goals plus without conceeding.

Now that the PS3 is in time remaining ordered lists - the contracts are shooting up in value. Cheapest you can usually get any gold is now around 1000 coins.

Its cheaper to just buy replacement players now. I only buy contracts for a couple of trained up players I bought which I wouldnt be able to replace. Bought Diego on a 30 odd game contract for just over 2000 coins yesterday, and am selling my origional Diego. Will probably end up spending similar to a 10 game contract card.

No I cant do that, most of my players are better than the just standard versions of players.

I think il be buying more gold packs in future because sometimes you get lucky and find 3 contracts in there + some half decent players to sell.

Played a strange opponent today. He was trying to time waste from kick off. Passing it between defenders and goalkeeper and running into the corner with his left and right back. This was after about 2 mins. I scored 5 and he was still trying to time waste. Then started running around with his keeper. Weird. Still I got 800 plus coins for doing naff all.

Is Ewood Park on UT? Ive never seen it. Won 10-0 last night, think thats a record for me. Still cant save up any money though, never seem to have more than 2,500 coins before contracts need renewing etc.

Archived