BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009 - Ultimate Team

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Beckham isnt on there. There are a few others missing too - although im sure they will add these into the next version. Anyone know when it is that the new fifa usually comes out? September time or something?

I got another good deal yesterday - swapped someone Van Persie 88 & Del Peiro 94 for Rooney 89 (with 40 game contract). I now have some very valuable players in my ranks which include Rooney, Tevez, Kaka & Gerrard.

I also purchased Defoe late last night for 1000 coins and he has looked quite good so far.

Got a little bit bored of winning 90% of my matches 6 or 7-0 with my all-Brazilian dream team so I’ve decided to start again and give myself a bit of a challenge.

The base of my new team will consist of English players suited to 4-4-2 (although one or two other formations may creep in) and all shall be silver rated. If any one has any players suitable I may be interested.

So far it looks like this:

GK Bunn (67) (Going to train him up to around 74 overall)

LB Warnock (73)

RB

CB Riggott (72)

CB Boyce (71)

LM Richardson (74)

RM Eagles (I know!!)

CM Dunn (74)

CM Soares (71)

ST

ST Stead (71)

Only spent 1850 coins on this team so far! Does anyone have Harry Redknap that they wish to sell?

As such I still have a few Brazilian players that I need to get rid of, so if any of you need any of the following let me know (not after silly money):

GK Dida (84) (Standard formation)

CB Alex (85) (Standard formation)

CB Lucio (87) (Trained to 4-2-2-2)

CDM Ze Roberto (81) (Trained to 4-2-2-2)

CAM Kaka (93) (Standard formation)

CAM Anderson (83) (Trained to 4-2-2-2)

LW Robinho (90) (Standard formation)

ST Amauri (88) (Trained to 4-2-2-2)

ST Fabiano (88) (Standard formation)

ST Adriano (87) (Standard formation)

ST Jo (81) (Standard formation)

Manager – Scolari (88) (Trained to 4-2-2-2)

All of the players above have contracts between 15 games and 30 games.

Got a little bit bored of winning 90% of my matches 6 or 7-0 with my all-Brazilian dream team so I’ve decided to start again and give myself a bit of a challenge.

The base of my new team will consist of English players suited to 4-4-2 (although one or two other formations may creep in) and all shall be silver rated. If any one has any players suitable I may be interested.

So far it looks like this:

GK Bunn (67) (Going to train him up to around 74 overall)

LB Warnock (73)

RB

CB Riggott (72)

CB Boyce (71)

LM Richardson (74)

RM Eagles (I know!!)

CM Dunn (74)

CM Soares (71)

ST

ST Stead (71)

Only spent 1850 coins on this team so far! Does anyone have Harry Redknap that they wish to sell?

All of the players above have contracts between 15 games and 30 games.

I've just found a Redknapp in my trade pile. no idea what he's worth, still havn't got my head around how much things go for on this game, im still buying packs.

Sorry about the endless number of posts guys.

Im looking for French defenders really, or a brazilian CM. He is straight out of the pack, think he is 85, and he is posted for 1000 starting price with no buy it now. I had no idea how much to put him up for. Have you any idea of how much he is worth?

Does anyone know of any players who go for good money - except for the normal kaka, torres, villa, gerrard etc?

I managed to get Agbonlahore for 1250 coins and then sold him for 8000. Its the 2nd time iv sold him for alot more than I paid.

Right guy's, sorry for not getting back sooner. A few of the players have now gone, however I still have the following left in my trade pile. I will log back on at 8pm and unless there is any intrest I will put them int the auction house.

Name - Overall - Formation - Contract - Position - Cost

Adriano - 90 - 41212 - 33 - ST - 6000

Amauri - 89 - 4222 - 30 - ST - 5000

Alex - 86 - 451 - 26 - CB - 2000

Dida - 85 - 4321 - 26 - GK - 2000

Ze Roberto - 84 - 4222 - 27 - CDM - 3500

Edu - 79 - 451 - CAM - 24 - 1000

Dede - 79 - 5212 - LWB - 24 -1000

Also have Scolari, 88 overall, 4222 formation with a 27 contract for 4000 coins.

How do you all manage to build squads with such healthy contracts? Mine are always running out.

I have the same problem sometimes but nowhere near as much as I used to. Here are a few tips – they may or may not work for you and some of them may be obvious but I’ll try and share what I’ve learnt so far, right or wrong!

1. Don’t bother buying contract cards at the Auction – I don’t know what the PS3 market is like but on the 360 gold ones are as rare as rocking horse poo and rarely go for under 2000.

2. Go for the high contract players on the AH. I NEVER buy a player now with less than 15 games on his contract. You have to be very patient but the right players are there – if you look way down the list eventually, and with just a small slice of luck, you’ll regularly find these players with a decent buy it now price. Don’t be put off paying 5 or 6 thousand for an “average” player who has 40 or 50 game contract length.

3. Re-buy instead of top up – I find the best way of “renewing” contracts is to buy the player again. My two centre midfielders can be any two of Sidwell, ReoCoker, Carrick, Scholes, Barry, Ballack or Lampard. I simply rotate these to keep their fitness up and when any of them drop below, say 3 games, I’ll dive into the AH and buy them again for a couple of thousand.

4. Chemistry is King: This sounds obvious but for me it’s easily the most important aspect - it’s something that’s improved my enjoyment of the game immensely. My entire squad is 442 – All Spanish defence and manager, Mixed Midfielders (Robben or Richardson on the left, 2 English in the middle (as above), Valdo (SP) or Rodriguez (ARG) on the right and the Germans up front (2 out of Podolski, Klose & Gomez). Chemistry is usually 100 here but never drops below 96 – my point here is that you don’t need a team of superstars to win games – my stats are Defence: 80, Midfield: 81, Forwards: 92. All things being equal, a team of silver players and a chemistry of 100 will beat a team of maxed out 99’s with only 50 chemistry every time.

5. Play to your means: If you can’t average about 750-850 coins per game you are unlikely to be able to maintain a squad of superstars contract wise (unless you can be bothered playing the AH markets and constantly buying low selling high etc – personally I just want to get on with the game and play). If you get your team chemistry maxed out you WILL win most of your games (I say that because I regard myself as a fairly average player but I win more or less all my games now – often showboating my way to a 6 nil). Your coins will roll in and you’ll find you have more cash to splash on the players that you want.

Essentially winning games is the key (which sounds obvious I know), and the key to that is having great team chemistry, followed by good players – although that’s not essential. When the coins are rolling in you will find that you can afford to buy a gold pack every 7 or 8 games which gives you (hopefully) a couple of contract cards and a couple of players to either post on the AH or send to collection to claw back a bit of cash. You’ve got to be really lucky to find a player in a pack that you can drop straight into your team.

Still enjoying the game – best £8.50 I’ve spent this year. Just a shame most of you lot seem to be on the PS3 otherwise I’d join in the trading posts

I can also give a quick tip about renewing contracts. Im not sure if its sensible, or if it works, but it seems to work for me. If you are struggling with contrcts, make sure you have a manager with +3 negotiations, and simply buy bronze packs. Some packs contain as many as 4 or 5 contact cards, either with +1 or +2 for gold players. Using these cards, along with the +3 manager, can realls make contracts easy to keep on top of.

Let me know what you think, and if you need a manager with +3 negotiations I have one in my trade pile.

Cool. I think i am going to have to sell players and replace them with higher contract replacements. Trouble is there isnt always a replacement player available which means you cant play a game untill one comes along. My contracts really really need sorting. Have about 3 players with just 3 games remaining, then another 3 with 4 games, then a couple with 5 games etc etc. So after every game I play I have to sell or buy players/contracts which is annoying. My own fault I suppose.

My team chemistry is 92 at the moment, with the 4-1-2-1-2 formation. To be honest though I dont think I can get the chemistry any higher. Players available for 4-1-2-1-2 is pretty limited, especially wingbacks and wingers. Saying that won the last game 7-0! Just bought Fabiano for 800 coins aswel.

Aslong as you buy players who fit into that formation Ben then it shouldnt be a problem as you can just amend their favoured formation.

My chemistry is 99 for my 1st team and between 80-95 for my 2nd string. Both teams batter everyone I face. Last night I played some guy who had 99 attack, 99 midfield, 98 defence - He quit after 40 mins because it was 5-0

All my players have good contracts and like snatchy said try to get players who have high contracts. I.e last night I signed Chiellini, rated 88 for 3000. BUT he had a 41 game contract so it was a steal!

The manager negotiation thing is also a help - I have Wenger with +3 on negotiations. But I dont agree with buying bronze. If you look around you can get gold contracts with +15 so they are worth 1000 every time if you have a +3 manager.

The manager negotiation thing is also a help - I have Wenger with +3 on negotiations. But I dont agree with buying bronze. If you look around you can get gold contracts with +15 so they are worth 1000 every time if you have a +3 manager.

Thats true, I find it tedious looking for cheap comtacts though, but with buying a bronze pack for 500, you get on average 2 or 3 contact cards, which would be worth 10 games at least. So for the 1000 coins spent on a 15+ gold contract card, you could have about 5 +5 contracts (including manager negotiation), which can be spread throughout the team. It's very useful if you have more than 1 player needing contacts.

How much for mexes?

Archived