BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009 - Ultimate Team

Iv been looking to get Gerrard for the last 4 or 5 days and yesterday I got him - 20k, but a 54 game contract (which is probably worth 5000 min on its own)

Team Chemistry is now up to 97 - just need to adjust Buffon (bought him this morn) to my tactics and it should be 100

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done loads of wheeling and dealing today. Bought nearly a whole new team. Changed my formaton to a 4-1-2-1-2 which I find gives you more passing options.

My team now is

..............Toldo................

Lell....Pepe.........Rivas.......Chivu

..............Cambiasso............

Sneider............................Adriano (not the striker)

........J.Cruz.......Crespo......

The most expensive player in the team is cambiasso who cost 1,250 coins. The rest were under 1000. Got scolari as manager which bumped my team chem up from around 55 up to 73

Now my team chemistry is up to a decent level its much much easier to play. Before my players were like a bunch of donkeys, now there is lots of off the ball movement, players are sharper and passing is quicker. Now need a quick right winger who prefers 4-1-2-1-2. Any ideas?

Bentley has a preferred formation of 4-1-2-1-2. I found that Camronesi was a good right winger when I played that formation.

Iv got my 4-3-2-1 formation sorted. My starting 11 have all been adjusted to that formation and also 6 of my squad players too. My team is really strong now - infact its too strong for most. My last 4 games have all resulted in me getting 7 goals or more.

How much do you pay for player formation training hughsey? I went to find some 4-1-2-1-2 cards yesterday, could only find 3 in about 200 pages of cards. They were fetching over 25,000k each! Not buy now prices, that what the bids had gotten up to. Why are they so expensive?

bought a gold pack for first time today. What a waste of time. didnt have 1 gold player in it, just silvers. The only good thing about it was that it had a 4-3-2-1 training card which I sold for 2,500 coins immediately (should have sold it for more), 2 contract cards and the arsenal badge. Everything else was rubbish.

bought a gold pack for first time today. What a waste of time. didnt have 1 gold player in it, just silvers. The only good thing about it was that it had a 4-3-2-1 training card which I sold for 2,500 coins immediately (should have sold it for more), 2 contract cards and the arsenal badge. Everything else was rubbish.

To be fair Ben you could have sold the card for more. Then you have 2 gold contract cards and an Arsenal badge. I'd say you got more than 5k's worth in return. I bought one pack and got Pato and Naldo in it, then bought another and got no gold players like you. So I know how you feel.

-------------------------

I have pretty much mastered my 442 team and am thinking of trying a new formation. Has anyone got any ideas? I want to choose one where the training cards don't cost 20k+.

I nearly bought the Rovers kit last night. It had ten minutes left and I bid 1,750. Someone else bid 2,500. I increased to 3,650 (all in). And they bid 4,500. I wish I had bid later now as it's the only Rovers kit I have seen on there so far.

4-3-2-1 is a good formation to get cards for - I managed to snap 3 up yesterday for a total cost of 1600. Now Ben has mentioned they sell for more - I might purchase a few more just to sell on.

My team is very good its a 4-3-2-1 formation, team chemistry is 99 and I have a solid defence.

Items iv currently got for sale if anyone is interested: De Rossi, Rosina, Joe Cole, Arshavin, Keita, Scolari, Bayern Badge, Milan Badge, a couple of fitness cards.

Robbo - you on PS3? Want to sell Pato?

To be fair Ben you could have sold the card for more. Then you have 2 gold contract cards and an Arsenal badge. I'd say you got more than 5k's worth in return.

I dont think ive ever paid more than 400 coins for a gold contract at auction, but im tight with my money! Il probably buy gold packs in future and just hope for a 4-4-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 formation card. they sell for over 20k each! imagine if you got a couple of those in a 5k pack! I might sell the arsenal badge and get the blackburn badge and kit.

I see alot of players for sale with contacts of 30+, are there contact cards available to get which are that length (ive never seen one) or are they a result of multiple contracts?

My team chemistry now is around 80. World of difference when i was trying to play with a chem of 17!

No they are just a result of people adding on multiple contracts to players. I managed to get Gerrard last week with a 54 game contract or something daft - saves you money in the long run if you can buy players like that.

All my players have at least a 10 game contract at the moment - around 8 of them have 20 games+.

Ben - whats your team looking like now?

Looking alright, though there is a distinct lack of left sided midfielders which prefer 4-1-2-1-2. I forgot the name of a couple.

..............................Toldo.............

german RB (81).....I Cordoba.......Rivas.......Chivu

..........................Cambiasso......................

.....Jesus Navas...........................Adriano

............................Riquelme..................

................J.Cruz..................Crespo

Subs: Duff, Schneider, Bellion, A.Kone, Pepe, German def mid (79), Lell

My defence is very good now, bags of pace. Cordoba was a modified player as he has something like 99 pace and 99 defending overall rated at 90+, bought him on a 20 odd game contract for just 1,200 coins! Bargain. Rivas has 88 pace, the right back has around 89 pace and chivu is like a rocket. J.Cruz is an excellent target striker, strong and not slow. Could do with abit more pace upfront, perhaps Defoe. Bellion is a good sub as hes rapid. He only has 92 pace compared to bellamy 97, but bellion seems much quicker after playing the two. Perhaps his accelleration is better. Cant shoot though.

The options for players on the 4-1-2-1-2 without paying for training cards seems pretty limited. Might save up abit of cash then change the formation again. Are there plenty of players available for your 4-3-2-1? and as you say if not training cards are cheaper. Dont know if it will suit me though as I use my wingers quite alot.

Yes they are limited - that was my original formation but it did my head in for that reason so I changed.

I dont look at the players formations prior to buying them anymore because iv been finding the 4-3-2-1 cards going for cheap anyway.

For this formation you just need the following:

LB--CB--CB--RB

-----------------

--CM-CM-CM---

-LF---------RF--

------ST--------

Iv got 6 Italian defenders & Buffon in Goal (just want Chiellini that I havent got yet)

All English Centre midfielders (Carrick, Scholes, Barry, Gerrard, Osman, Johnson)

All Ivory Coast Attack (Keita, Drogba, Kalou)

Other Subs iv got that get a game: Di Natalie, Van Nistlerooy, Santa Cruz, Bodmer (cdm), Nasri (cam)

Guest Kamy100

My team is looking really good now, have got the chemistry upto 92, playing 4-4-2:

Robinson

G.Neville

Rio Ferdinand

Terry

Cole

Silva

Alonso

Fabregas

Joaquin

Torres

Fabiano

I am now building the rest of the squad although I have the like of Roque, Eduardo, Samba, MGP, Zebina and Cambassio.

I am also contemplating restarting my team as it is getting a bit boring having a superstar team win every match easily. I may do a challenge whereby I just have a team of bronze and silver players and try get the chemistry high and see how I get on.

4-2-2-2 is by far the best formation in the game. So easy to keep the ball in midfield - played a game last night where I had 80% possesion.

Thinking of trading my all Brazilian team, and srating a Mexican one tonight.

I am also contemplating restarting my team as it is getting a bit boring having a superstar team win every match easily. I may do a challenge whereby I just have a team of bronze and silver players and try get the chemistry high and see how I get on.

I too am considering a lower rated team to give people a chance but i think that it would annoy me when playing 5 star teams with the likes of Villa, Torres, Young just running through my team. I think its just best to find other 5 star teams to play against and then that way its fairly equal to start with.

I played 1 guy the other night and his team was called Reading FC, all Reading players and both thier kits & badge. His team was quality but I wasnt sure if it was because he had an all Reading team (i.e. giving him perfect chemsitry) or whether it was because he might of modified his players!?

I got Torres by offering a guy Silva, Arteta & 4k - the mug accepted and I sold him for 60k.

I then bought Gerrard out of that money. Watty who have you got in your team? I could sell you some bargains if you want to improve.

I got Torres by offering a guy Silva, Arteta & 4k - the mug accepted and I sold him for 60k.

I then bought Gerrard out of that money. Watty who have you got in your team? I could sell you some bargains if you want to improve.

Ive got a quite a good team (well i think so lol)

my team is:

Cassilas

Warnock-R Ferdinand-J Terry-G Neville

MGP-G Barry-Franscenhi (sp)-Marchinnio (sp)

Owen-Defoe(rated 98)

Manger- H Redknapp

Team chemistry 97

I just want gerrard to play alongside barry at cm

All my players have at least a 10 game contract at the moment - around 8 of them have 20 games+.

How do you manage your contracts so well? I always have a bunch of players with contracts running out and most my money goes on renewing them. Tried selling expiring players to buy the same player with a better contract, but no one bids on players with contracts of 3 and below. Also the same player isnt always available.

Has anyone noticed that things seem to be much more expensive whilst the kids are off school for easter holidays? Must be alot more people bidding.

Has anyone noticed that things seem to be much more expensive whilst the kids are off school for easter holidays? Must be alot more people bidding.

I think you might be right there. I have found it very hard to find bargains.

Contract cards, kits and managers are alll very expensive.

Its the contract cards that have shot up in price since the easter holidays started. I have about 6 players and a manager which need contracts renewing. Wouldnt have been a problem a couple of weeks ago as I could pick up gold cards for about 300-400 and silver cards for around 200 coins. At the moment gold cards are going for around 600 coins. Silver around 400.

Archived