BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009 - Ultimate Team

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I signed Utaka last night, rated 93 overall and pace of about 96. He is slower than Dunn on crutches.

I also sold Keita the other day and it has really affected my team, they are nowhere near as good anymore.

Im also starting to find that everyone I play has 99 pace players all over the pitch.

I just bought a gold pack which was full of crap. Had a couple of contracts and a couple of goalkeepers and thats it. The rest were silver gameplay cards like leniant ref. Doubt ill even be able to sell them. Rubbish.

Has anyone ever got lucky with a gold pack and picked up proper players which you can sell for a healthy profit? Im just hoping I get a 4-4-2 training card or something one day which fetch over 20K!

Never had a big player in there - although once I got Benzema who I then sold for 9k.

I got a good gold pack yesterday - 4 gold contracts, 2 gold staff contracts, Vidic & some junk.

How long does it take you to save up the 5000 coins? Takes me ages, mainly due to contracts expiring

Not long because I usually have around 7-8000 coins so I just wait until iv played a few games and then buy 1 pack. I had 7000 coins last night and I have around 12 players selling at different points today too so my coins should increase from that too. I did at one point have 75000 coins, but that has mainly gone now!!

4-3-2-1 cards are now going for between 2-3000 each – so obviously more people must be changing to that formation.

Cant decided what to do with Torres, I might offer him out to a few people 1st and see what sort of deals they have to offer as his value in the auctions seems to of dropped abit now.

UT is going crap now i think. Everything is super expensive and every team is just full of players with 99 pace. Theres hardly any football played now. I like to play nice neat football and pass it around. It was ace at the start when everyone had poor or average teams and the best football won the match. Now its just high pressure running like headless chickens and through ball. Cant really be bothered with it now, think ill just go back to normal online play for a while.

I got like that for a few days too Ben, but I found that it was my team that had gone crap/ or me.

Im now back on song, with no players of 99 pace and beating teams again.

Cant wait for Fifa 2010 - That should be great if this one is anything to by. Of all the people in my addy book, id say 85% are still all playing fifa most of the time.

I got like that for a few days too Ben, but I found that it was my team that had gone crap/ or me.

Im now back on song, with no players of 99 pace and beating teams again.

Cant wait for Fifa 2010 - That should be great if this one is anything to by. Of all the people in my addy book, id say 85% are still all playing fifa most of the time.

My team has gone crap for some reason, abit like when the team chemistry was really low. Think morale is importiant as I looked at one of my centre backs and his morale was in single figures. I would train my players up to compete but everything is so expensive now. Even 1 pace training card that only improves the pace by 2 poins fetched about 8,000 coins. I just cant save up enough cash.

My teams called Blackburn 2nds.

............Palop............

Fritz...Rivas..Cordoba....Chivu

..........Ze Roberto...........

Jesus Navas...........Adriano

............Diego..........

Luis Fabiano......Adrano

2nd Team;

.......................Adler..............

Italian RB....Woodgate...King....Moretti

................Cambiasso.............

M.Rodriguez.................Nedved

................Riquelme............

........Defoe................Bent

Jesus Navas Diego and Ze Roberto are class in midfield. I just struggle against teams with 99 pace everywhere. Its hard to get a chance when my fastest forward is slower and weaker than all the defenders. At the back my 1st team aint too bad as they were modified when i bought them and have pace of Fritz 99, Rivas 88, Cordoba 99, Chivu 89. One way to beat them is to resort to ping pong passing like alot of the high pressure opponents play, but I hate playing that was as no skill is required.

Might change my formation as Ive pretty much got the best players I can get with this formation.

Your stikers are not very good then - thats obviously an issue. You could do with changing your front line - maybe sell a few to raise some cash.

My current team looks like this

----------------------Buffon-------------------

Zambrotta--Gamberini--Chiellini--Moretti--

----------Gerrard---Kaka----Barry----------

-----------Utaka---Drogba--Kalou-----------

2nd Choice team:

------------------Buffon--------------------

Panucci-----Vidic-----Nesta------Bonera

---------Scholes---Nasri----Carrick------

---------Rooney--Torres--Benzema----

Other subs:

Van Nistlerooy

Van der Vaart

Osman

Rodwell

Is that 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3-? Your 2nd choice front line looks better than the 1st! Are most of them players modified?

Do you bother training players up or just already done players in the auction?

4-3-2-1.

The first team are all in thier positions (except for kaka). So therefore chemistry is much better.

The second team, 2 strikers are out of position and the left back is a central defender. I only train them up with any cards I get in packs, other than that I dont actively look to train them up.

Im in the process of changing to 3-4-2-1. Not a great formation but there are loadsss of formation cards for it, which can be bought for just 300-500 coins. The manager training cards are even less, I paid 250 to change Scolari to 3-4-2-1. Can now buy pretty much anyone and change them to the formation rather than buying players specifically for the formation.

Hughsey Im selling Chivu for buy it now of 1,500 if you want him. Hes a class left back. Also selling a modified Fritz (RB) with 99 pace.

No thanks - my defence is all Italian & solid.

--------------------------GK - Buffon (97)--------------------------

Zambrotta (89) - Gamberini (89) - Chiellini (91) - Moretti (87)

Subs of: Bonera (84), Nesta (87) & Panucci (81). I also have Vidic on my books too at the moment.

3-4-2-1 is dangerous, good teams will rip 3 defenders apart.

Ben: I've been playing 3421 for a while due to the cards being cheap. Hughesy is right about playing online, although I've had no problems playing the CPU in cups.

My team is:

Paul Robinson

Wes Brown, Rio Ferdinand, Micah Richards

David Bentley, Michael Carrick, Gareth Barry, Me

Hatem Ben Arfa, Sidney Govou

David Trezeguet.

Decided to use an English defence and midfield. May go for Ashley Young and have English forwards too. Chemistry is 99.

Yeah id prefer to have 4 at the back but the contract cards for other formations are too expensive, apart from the 5 at the back. Its nice to be able to buy any player you want and change his formation. Ill stick with it for a while and try and get 3 pacey centre backs to make up for it. Id go for 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 but the contract cards for that seem to have shot up in price.

Still cant see why anyone would pay over 20k for a 4-4-2 card. Is any player worth that? You could probably but a top rated player already in that formation for that price.

I totally agree Ben. The formation cards are a big problem in a way. The main thing that I've found with 3421 is that your LM and RM need to support the defence and attack so make sure that they are fast so that they can cover. Make sure that your Cb's are fast and tall and let the other team cross it online and make sure you win the headers from the cross.

Archived