BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Links

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (aka Big Sam's Summer Shopping List) thread covering the period up to 14:30 today. Note that nicko was active briefly yesterday evening as per below and has not posted on the thread so far today.

Any comments on nicko's posts should be confined to that thread - DO NOT POST THEM HERE!

Many thanks to tugay4england...a sharp mind.

It was saying you could do better than Zaki that sparked a million PMs on the mystery striker.

Zaki is a bam.

His agent is looking for £5 million-a-year for his player, quoted it to a mate of mine last week.

Avoid like the plague.

Nicko, anything happened today in the mad world that is football?

Martinez even closer to Wigan...Real WILL bid for Ronaldo...Man City sniffing round Lescott and posisbly Lucas Neill...

His agent is looking for £5 million-a-year for his player, quoted it to a mate of mine last week.

Um, that can't be right? 96k a week? Thats about what Robino and Terry are on right? No one will pay that in a million years

Um, that can't be right? 96k a week? Thats about what Robino and Terry are on right? No one will pay that in a million years

The player and agent are equally barking.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wen Y Hu

Late morning update #1 of 2

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (aka Big Sam's Summer Shopping List) thread covering the period up to 11:30 today. Note that nicko was active yesterday evening as well as this morning as per below.

Any comments on nicko's posts should be confined to that thread - DO NOT POST THEM HERE!

Where´s Nicko? Maybe he has so much to tell us that it takes time to write :rolleyes: Mystery man is really bothering me. Could you Nicko tell us one thing please? If RSC styas could there be working partnership between Santa and THE mystery man?

Busy, busy, busy.

Quite a lot happening.

One potential signing being kept for Sunday.

Waiting on word on Mister X. Thought that might have moved on, but no confirmation.

Bit of news on Derbyshire...round about 11pm.

No PMs before then please.

looks like we are going to miss out on m'bia.... now it says only 4 million nicko any chance we will be having a go to get him?

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Footbal...rts/gnid-55934/

Rennes didn't want to sell him when Everton went in a year ago...bit surprised that they will now...price seems low.

Good player, type who should do well over here. However suspicious of the story. Checking right now.

Has there been anymore on the Matias Fernandez link from last month??

Not aware of that one moving.

I think Stephane M'Bia is more likely to go to Espanyol than Everton...

Roque to stay or Roque still likely to leave Mr Nixon?

Can't say. Too complicated - big fee, fitness questions.

Wish it was an easy and quick sale.

Doubt it somehow.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Late morning update #2 of 2

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (aka Big Sam's Summer Shopping List) thread covering the period up to 11:30 today. Note that nicko was active yesterday evening as well as this morning as per below.

Earlier than promised...between excellent Island Record documentaries on BBC4...

MATT DERBYSHIRE...has been told he can't go until Sam signs TWO new strikers...this from a very good source...strange but perhaps revealing...hopefully my Mister X...I have a hunch on the other one but had better keep that quiet until I am sure...but it sounds like there could be two incoming strikers soon-ish.

SUNDAY PEOPLE...will have a good tale about a potential midfield capture...fits the current bill and would be well-received. Full story in the paper or else on her on Sunday morning.

22.40: Ricky Sbragia is to head up a new player recruitment department at Sunderland. The former Black Cats boss will work under new manager Steve Bruce as they attempt to widen their scouting network ahead of the new campaign.

Don't think he will join Sam Allardyce in Rovers then.

Nicko, can you shed any light on this?

I believe Sbragia is on a very good deal at Sunderland has some kind of golden handshake in there because he kept them up...so he is in no rush to leave.

And he has his Happy Days Cafe job to fall back on too.

Nicko are those two strikers definately 'on'?

It's what Sam has told the Derbyshire camp...I don't see that he has any reason to lie...he wants to sell Derbyshire after all.

He wants his men in first before letting Derbyshire go.

Fair enough - as long as you land them.

Nicko any idea if we still interested in Shikabala? Ive heard that we very much interested in him, but again its just rumours coming from there. Its gone quiet on that front, as has the Chimbonda rumours which im glad about. Im still hoping for Seiterides to land up here.

There should be an invite to pre-season training...his club want to sell...but no buyers at the moment.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (aka Big Sam's Summer Shopping List) thread covering the period up to 17:00 today. Note that nicko was only active on the thread as per below.

http://msn.tv2sporten.no/fotball/england/article2761822.ece

An interview with Morten Gamst Pedersen, where he says that he is considering using the Webster Rule, so that he can buy himself from his contract now this summer.

Odd story...you have to give the club notice before the end of the club season if you intend to use the 'Webster rule.'

And, as far as I know, that hasn't happened.

But thats an odd rule Nicko if the player doesnt have a new club lined up. So he couldnt say he wants to use the webster rule, if no club wants him. Will just put his current club into a situation by saying, well we no longer want you and cash in anyway.

Webster rule has only worked once...for Webster...and it was a farce.

Sounds like Morten is either [a] not bright or got a daft agent. Possibly both.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Lunchtime update

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (aka Big Sam's Summer Shopping List) thread covering the period from late yesterday morning up to 13:00 today. Note that nicko was only active on the thread as per below. Check out the main thread for a few further links (including YouTube links) on Jerome Rothen.

http://msn.tv2sporten.no/fotball/england/article2761822.ece

An interview with Morten Gamst Pedersen, where he says that he is considering using the Webster Rule, so that he can buy himself from his contract now this summer.

Odd story...you have to give the club notice before the end of the club season if you intend to use the 'Webster rule.'

And, as far as I know, that hasn't happened.

But thats an odd rule Nicko if the player doesnt have a new club lined up. So he couldnt say he wants to use the webster rule, if no club wants him. Will just put his current club into a situation by saying, well we no longer want you and cash in anyway.

Webster rule has only worked once...for Webster...and it was a farce.

Sounds like Morten is either [a] not bright or got a daft agent. Possibly both.

Is there going to be any news tonight nicko about the midfielder that will excite.

Leave it until the morning...see what the People looks like...full details here if not used properly.

ROTHEN - wants to come...trying to get out of his contract at PSG...that one has a chance of happening...good player if a little old...but he can play and pass and you don't have many of them since Tugay left...it's encourgaing that you are looking for that type of player rather than the giant athlete route...hope it goes through.

ROQUE - reports about Spurs trying to sign him for £10 million somewhere...no chance at that fee.

DERBYSHIRE - the news you knew on Friday night.

*must calm down* *Nicko's three club rule* *can't stand Alan Smith* *mutter mutter * *bangs head against wall* ...

Apologies. In my distress forgot this was the transfers only thread :angry::blush:

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 4

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (aka Big Sam's Summer Shopping List) thread covering the period from yesterday lunchtime up to 14:00 today. Note that nicko was very active on the thread as per below.

A couple of points and some questions to Nicko:

- Alan Smith rumours are rubbish? Please?

- Rothen was the midfielder which would "excite"? Hmm.

- I'm sure Nicko said the striker was "within the price range" so I think mystery man will be a permanent signing. Am I right, Nicko?

- Mystery man won't be Shevchenko as suggested earlier. The fact Coyle went for him within the last 4-5 years shows he will have been quiet or young. Shevchenko and the likes were neither.

I hope the Smith stuff is wrong...think it is.

Rothen appeals to me because he is a footballer...and he is making an effort to get a free to move rather than sit it out at PSG for another year.

Mystery striker still has to remain a mystery for now.

Nicko - Did all your Rovers-related stories make it into today's People?

And what do you make of Robbo's return to Spurs?

One Rovers line did not get in...may make Mirror tomorrow.

I don't see the Robbo and Spurs thing at all. Did it rear its head again today?

Yes Nicko, it said that Robbo has a house still near to Spurs training complex but it didn't say whether he'd want to go back, can't see this one happening though. I hate Harry Redknapp. :glare:

So he's not sold his house... :blink:

Must have been a slow news day...

nicko on the subject of Arry wanting Robbo back, I've heard one rumour of a Pompey friend that Arry may get tempted back to Pompey if their takeover happens, any truth in those rumours? Saying that probably more chance of him coming in for Robbo then as a replacement for the ageing James!

On another note nicko we were linked with a fair few players over January, has BFS gone back to look at any of them now he has a bit more time or are they all dead in the water now?

One problem with Rothen is that it wouldn't fit the mould of lowering the average age of the squad that's been mentioned as a target.

This Portsmouth takeover story is odd...the guy is supposed to be loaded...and yet the club is still trying to sell Crouch and Johnson...hmmm.

On Rovers targets - a lot of those being watched in January will still be on the radar, but I notice Janko did not even start for an ordinary Austria team yesterday while Dzeko is going to be playing in the Champions League. Vigic, of course, is still a big stump.

Rothen WOULD reduce the age of the squad. He is seven years younger than Tugay... ;)

Who be this Vigic you speak of Mr Nixon? Is he the new superstar striker we after, unless of course you referring to ZIGIC! :-)

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #2 of 4

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (aka Big Sam's Summer Shopping List) thread covering the period from yesterday lunchtime up to 14:00 today. Note that nicko was very active on the thread as per below.

Nicko - how close is this deal to happening?

Rothen has started speaking to PSG about being allowed to go for nothing...he knows Rovers are keen to sign him...so, it's moving along.

nicko, you spoke about a pacy winger being possibly one of the players we are looking at, are we closely looking at anyone for that position?

Anything new on Civelli?

I think van Heerden could be the pacey winger...

Civelli linked with Birmingham City today, which is possible. He is a free agent, so he will be touted about everywhere before he picks his club.

Any news on a right back Nicko?

Chimbonda and Civelli seem to be the two under consideration right now...

Are we looking at Rothen to play the wing, or the middle? I thought Nicko said he has been moved to the middle most recently.

I think he would be the midfield left-hand side of a 4-3-3...not sure he would have the legs to be an attacking left-hand side of a 4-3-3.

nicko....how far is santa cruz off going or is that still in the balance of him staying

All sorts of daft rumours about a quick sale...how can that be until he is fit?

Interesting to see if he plays for Paraguay in midweek and what state he is in.

Some nonsense in the paper about £10 million valuations too, but he won't go for anything less than £20 million [possibly including a player].

Spurs have to sell before they can even consider bidding...Man City have to get bigger names in before deciding whether to try.

I don't think he is a 'must have' signing...more like a mid- to late-August job if at all.

Unfortunately.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #3 of 4

Be a little positive Nicko lol

Id be happy with Bent and Huddlestone for Roque. Its still early days, so hopefully we can get some decent players in before the season starts.

I wonder if Sam will take a look at Riquelme and/or Saviola. I can see it now. Rovers sign Argentinian duo :-)

I'll stick with being realistic. Bent isn't worth it and neither is Huddlestone.

Swaps rarely work. Take the cash and get the players YOU want.

Surely Hutton would be a better option, given it seems both are available?

Hutton can't defend and would be expensive...

Nicko, I'm not surprised you are losing patience with some of the daft suggestions on here.

I hate transfer windows :angry:

There's no need to panic yet...a good defender signed, a squad winger cheapie added.

A very good striker in waiting, an accomplished passer in the pipeline and a couple of possible right backs being considered.

Reasonable progress I would say.

Patience goes all round in the last week in August. Right now it's just juggling ideas - daft and otherwise.

And, by the way, I love transfer windows. ;)

As a matter of interest, has mystery man been guessed on the boards yet? Quite a few new names have been suggested since you last said it had all been silent.

No.

Some guessing about the mystery striker and a brief interlude about Michael Owen then follows. nicko signs off for the evening and members discuss the merits of Football Manager and compare Steven Reid and Tom Huddlestone.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #4 of 4

Didn't Nicko say he would be putting in a Rovers related story into the Mirror today that didn't go into the Sunday People? I can't see it??

The unused story was about the kid Hoilett...

Rovers are putting a strong case together to get him a work permit. I think it is an important tale, but obviously this is a view not shared.

Hope the kid is allowed into the country.

nicko said BS wanted 2 strikers to come in but he did say one was a loan(guess mystry striker) not sure about the other....

I know about the Mister X move...and only found out there was a second striker being lined up because Derbyshire's camp had been told that was due to happen before he would be sold.

I understand Mister X's move is still looking good, but I can't be sure about who the other striker is - although I have my suspicions.

Any more news on M'Bami nicko? Seemed to be a bit of momentum with that one but we haven't heard anything for a while. We need at least two signings in central midfield and having no money means he's probably one of the best options available.

Last I heard Rovers still wanted to see him play...and he was not in the side. Sounds like a pre-season trial job to me.

I don't think we'll have a chance of signing him if that's true, I'm sure there will be other teams willing to offer him a contract without needing to give him a trial first. He's played for two of the biggest teams in France, played over 200 Ligue 1 games and is a regular international for a half decent team.

Have we really not had any scouts watching him since January? Bit of a poor show if we haven't.

I don't see a rush for M'Bami so far - if there was then Rovers would have to react. He has been hawked around for years and nobody has gone for him. Decent player, but small.

He hasn't played that much this season to judge him, so you can't blame the scouts for wanting to see him more and be sure.

So according to Mr Nixon there is a Mr X and now there is another Mystery striker....can we call him Mr Y?.......................

Mr Y not... :lol:

I will go through the whole Mister X thing if it collapses. Hopefully it doesn't.

Hoilett would be an emerging player rather than a first-team starter, but maybe emerging very fast.

There then follows some interesting discussion and information about David Hoilett, links including video of FC Augsburg v St Pauli from German TV (previously posted a while ago, perhaps in another thread).

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 3

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (aka Big Sam's Summer Shopping List) thread covering the period from yesterday afternoon up to 15:00 today. Note that nicko was very active on the thread during this time.

what sort of stage is the Mr X at Nicko - have we agreed price, player demands etc ? and have we set any deadlines for it ?

Working on it, hoping for an answer soon. There is only so long that something can stay quiet...

Can't be setting deadlines as that is not needed in this case. No need to push the club to let the player go. It's just down to circumstances that will become obvious once the guy is named.

Could the circumstances be that the club currently does not have a manager or are about to lose one ?

I can't give any clues...it's gone this far under the radar successfully...stick with it for a little while longer.

Nicko,

(Apologies everyone if this has already been asked and subsequently answered)

In terms of time frames, is this mystery striker situation something that could run all summer or something that is likely be sorted in the not too distant future?

Soon...soon.

Done a bit of work on Hoilett...

There IS a 'special case' permit if you can prove that the player is of exceptional quality.

So there is a chance of getting him.

Nicko

Are we just shopping for free transfers for our midfield or are we actually going to spend money and buy one decent midfielder ?

I think the attention is on the free/loan market just now...but there could be money for a signing later.

It's a reasonable strategy as there could be some good frees and loans about.

Then - if someone leaves - you can pump the money into a 'star' or two.

Further speculation on the identity of the mystery strikers follows among members with the occasional interpolation from nicko.

This is accompanied by an interlude of discussion on the wisdom of signing Givet with what is reportedly the larger part of the summer transfer budget currently available (i.e., pending the sale of Santa Cruz). The BBC quote John Williams on the matter as follows:

"Sam (Allardyce) understands the financial position and a lot depends on whether Roque (Santa Cruz) goes.

"We have already spent a substantial amount of money going forward by converting the option we negotiated with Gael Givet."

See Blackburn vow to slash wage bill from the BBC website (thanks to benmaxwell for the link).

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #2 of 3

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (aka Big Sam's Summer Shopping List) thread covering the period from yesterday afternoon up to 15:00 today. Note that nicko was very active on the thread during this time.

Nicko,

Any chance of Rovers going in for Jozy Altidore? His spanish club aren't using him, he's great for the USMNT, and he's 20. Huge, scads of pace, good instinct, and would only be a few million pounds...

Sorry to join the Nicko dogpile there...

I think he still has problems gaining a work permit...

Rovers back in for Janko - and we had a scout there on saturday too. £7m is the asking price!

Janko link

Janko was on the bench...Rovers would have known that and were probably not there.

Nicko - any truth in Rovers being interested in Nzonzi ?

New one on me...obscure club...possible pre-season training job?

It wouldn't surprise me if we saw four or five faces turn up at Brockhall next month, hoping to win contracts.

Sam is quite happy with that way of working.

There are a lot of Roque stories today. It seems the local Blackburn and Manchester papers got their heads together on it at least.

Man City seem to be leaking their interest to their local 'puppies' in the nationals and dropping figures like £12 million into print.

Get real.

As for doing a deal by July 1...I think the word would be 'hopeful' and not 'confident.'

One again, get real.

Nicko. Any idea who the second player could be at Man City in that Telegraph story? It says Ben Haim and one other..? Nedum Onuoha would seem like a logical suggestion for RB, but he is very injury prone...

SkySports have confirmed Rothen want out, but apparently Sunderland want him: http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,1952...5370384,00.html

Nicko. Any idea who the second player could be at Man City in that Telegraph story?

If I took the story seriously...I would maybe look into it.

Man City are going to offer LESS...?

Ben Haim - huge wages, not very good. Rovers already have a lot of defenders....?

Who else is on offer? The kit man?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #3 of 3

how did you find out who the Mister X was Nicko, also will the deal be done this week??

Long story...

The time-scale is all that remains on this. The deal is in place in many ways. Just one vital final piece before it happens.

Got to say I heard last night that it may take longer than I hoped or expected.

However it is still on track.

Rothen trying hard to get out of PSG...as mentioned at the weekend.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11820_5370384,00.html

I think he still has problems gaining a work permit...

Not in a month. He'll play the Confed and Gold Cups, and that'll put him over 75% of National Team caps in the past year. We're also ranked 14th internationally (and Paraguay, we're coming for you!), so no problems on that end either. I'd love to see him here.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Early morning update

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (aka Big Sam's Summer Shopping List) thread covering the period from mid-afternoon yesterday up to 09:00 this morning.

It was a quiet evening on the transfer front: quite a bit of discussion regarding Reidy's fitness concerns and contract situation and whether we should release him or not. Similarly a link to Setanta's speculative "Wolves Summer Shopping List" by Hughesy sparks discussion on Jason Roberts, the object of Setanta transfer speculation, and how he compares to Benny Mac. Note that nicko was only active on the thread as per below.

what happened to our interest in Michel Chretien? Or is Sam gonna unearth old scout reports

As I recall he missed a lot of games with injury - so he might be watched when the new season starts. But it's not a name I have heard mentioned lately because he was not playing too much...

Any news tonight Nicko :D

The news is there's no news...some odd moves being set up around the place but nothing falling into place yet.

Still sorting out managers - Celtic, West Brom [probably], Swansea, Watford. Maybe Preston too shortly. And, of course, Newcastle.

No surprise it's still quiet on the player front.

Archived