BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Links

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wen Y Hu

Here's a summary of the main transfer-related links from Page 47 onwards from the Big Sam's Summer Shopping List thread (dated 31 May - as far back as I managed to go). I have omitted duplicate or second-hand information such as the Tribal Football report on Shikabala that is a re-hash of Nicko's story and the SkySports report on Zurab, which is culled from the Lancashire Telegraph (board members might like to check out the LT regularly...).

SkySports, 31 May 2009

Greeks table Derbyshire bid: Olympiakos keen to bring striker back to Greece

SkySports claiming that Olympiakos have put in a bid for Matty.

(Thanks to benmaxwell for the link)

The People, 31 May 2009

Sam Has Rovers Shik Up

Nicko's piece on Mahmoud Abdel Razek Fadlallah, aka Shikabala.

(Thanks to Ewood and I Would for the link)

SkySports, 1 June 2009

Civelli to leave Marseille: Argentine keen on Premier League move

Civelli loooking for a move to Spain or England, with interest from Rovers, Villa and Sunderland cited (without sources).

(Thanks to Ewood and I Would for the link)

Guest Wen Y Hu

And here are the main posts by nicko regarding transfers from Page 47 onwards from the Big Sam's Summer Shopping List thread. Any comments on nicko's posts should be confined to that thread - DO NOT POST THEM HERE!

(Mods - having a summary of transfer links and nicko's transfer-related comments together seems useful to me, but if the nicko quotes require a separate thread, please feel free...)

With regards to the exchange Nicko... Any chance we could see a return of Bentley... Any chance more then one player from Spurs could be involved? If so who would you guess other then Pascal Chimbonda..?

I don't see Bentley coming back - his wages are too big and so is his head.

There could be other Spurs players being tossed around - it will be that kind of summer.

Nicko any chance Sam will go for Emana now Betis have been relagated ?

Rovers were into the player - via one of his agents - a few weeks ago but the price and terms were unrealistic.

Maybe relegation will clear a few heads. That one could have legs.

Blackburn linked with Tel Ben-Haim

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co...le.asp?a=156092

Jerome Rothen exiting PSG, linked with Rovers

http://goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2...ity-of-psg-exit

Chimbonda + money swap for Santa Cruz (warning, Tribal Football link)

http://www.tribalfootball.com/tottenham-wi...nta-cruz-248128

Guest Wen Y Hu

Noon update of nicko's comments from the Big Sam's Summer Shopping List thread (from yesterday evening up until noon today):

Wasn't planning an update as there is not much new...and I have had something else on...but...

SEAN DAVIS - quite possible although Bolton think they are getting him.

STURRIDGE - still more likely to go to Chelsea.

MYSTERY MAN - just give is time.

ROBINSON - not going.

ZURAB - looking for a new home...Galatasaray want him but he would prefer the Prem.

WEE ELRIO - looking forward to seeing him in the Confederations Cup before making a judgement.

Managerial mayhem elsewhere. Wigan in for Martinez, Celtic still sniffing around, Bruce not yet done at Sunderland.

No questions please. Knackered.

Thanks Nicko. I see Bolton are also favourites to sign both Scholes and Huddlestone. Rather depressing,both of those players would walk into our team.

Man U won't let Scholes go just now.

Can't see Huddlestone in a Bolton shirt...something dark would be more flattering.

and a question for nicko: do you know the situation on david hoilett. he looks like a real good prospect. do you know if there is any chance we can get a work permit for hm this summer?

I know there is a lot of frustration about this - I don't see how he gets a work permit. He will probably have to get a full cap somewhere before you can make a push for him. Very odd situation.

Anything new happening Nicko? Who have City got in their sights next?

Anything coming from spurs with regards to Chimbonda/ RSC/ Bent or Huddlestone

There could be a lot of talking done at the Premier League meeting tomorrow and Friday - one or two deals may get moved on a bit.

I think Chimbonda would only happen in a swap for Roque [or even Warnock] - so that is complicated. Bent to Sunderland is likely, no idea about Hulkingstone. Big wages and a big fee. You need more legs than that.

you'd not be the only one who'd be furious. Need to get incomers tidied up before we look at outgoings like Warnock. what is Nicko's agenda over Warnock anyway? He seems determined he is leaving. More than just info - is he Warnock's agent in disguise?

No agenda.

This time last year Warnock didn't like Ince and Ince told him about Newcastle United - in front of the rest of the players.

A few weeks ago I found out Tottenham still want him...and that the present manager may be willing to sell.

We shall see.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 2

nicko digest from the Big Sam's Summer Shopping List thread (from noon until 15:01 today) below. Note that nicko was active during this time so check out the main thread for further stuff.

Any comments on nicko's posts should be confined to that thread - DO NOT POST THEM HERE!

Benitez's fee will be a lot lower than £9 million...lower up-front fee and all sorts of clauses.

Could be good business. But he is very small.

Sam isnt daft - even if its done by freebies - we will be stronger next season than the one we have just finished.

Reports in the north east are linking us to a £4m move for Nolan again!!

The Nolan story is a follow-up of the Mirror story about Hull City wanting him...Rovers will watch the situation but I suspect he goes to the Tigers eventually.

No agenda.

This time last year Warnock didn't like Ince and Ince told him about Newcastle United - in front of the rest of the players.

A few weeks ago I found out Tottenham still want him...and that the present manager may be willing to sell.

We shall see.

You really need to give it a rest on Warnock.

You spent all last summer desperately trying to flog him off to Newcastle - never happened.

Now you're trying to do the same this summer with Spurs and are alleging completely without any foundation as far as I can see that Sam is willing to sell.

:angry:

You really need to give it a rest on Warnock.

You spent all last summer desperately trying to flog him off to Newcastle - never happened.

Now you're trying to do the same this summer with Spurs and are alleging completely without any foundation as far as I can see that Sam is willing to sell.

:angry:

Newcastle bid for Warnock remember - and your manager at the time wanted to do the deal.

Of course, you may know different.

David Sullivan has been on SSN and was talking about Benitez, he was asked about the fee and said £10 million up front with a possiblity of rising to £15- £20 million depending on various clauses's , a club record apparentley

I think that confirms it is a lot less then... :lol:

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #2 of 2

nicko digest from the Big Sam's Summer Shopping List thread (from 15:02 until 16:00 today) below. Note that nicko was active during this time so check out the main thread for further stuff. (Quotes wouldn't fit in a single post, hence it's in 2 parts...)

Any comments on nicko's posts should be confined to that thread - DO NOT POST THEM HERE!

Nicko any truth in some of the rumours about Samba leaving to City? And Ben-Haim coming the other way?

Could be ###### but i've heard a few rumblings about it and iirc someone posted about going to the awards evening and asking Samba if he would be here next season and he said he didn't know.

Selling Samba for me would be a huge mistake, probably our best player and asset at this moment in time.

Checked out the Samba rumour a couple of times lately...told it is a no.

Ben Haim's wages are big. And he is not very good. Founder member of Can't Kick It Straight Club.

A lot of our targets will hinge on the possible sale of Cruz so having it in there would be of great use.

Is this definitely true Nicko?

If Roque goes you would have decent money for a 'star' signing.

Until then I think you will sign cheap and sensible.

No harm in that either - as long as they are good.

Nicko. What would you say are the chances of Roque leaving the club this summer...

Behind the scenes i have heard that his agent is actively pushing his profile on other teams, and Roque is aiming to reunite with Sparky at Man City...

Roque goes if the price or deal is right...can't put any odds or percentages on that. I would suggest it may be a long wait.

His agent can try all he likes. The player should have been fit and scoring, then everyone would have been happy and he might look worth £20 million.

Man City should get Tevez which makes you wonder if they still want Roque.

Tottenham are keen, but Harry is as slippery as jellied eels.

Don't see any other runners.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 4

nicko digest from the Big Sam's Summer Shopping List thread covering the period up to 14:00 today (board clock seems to be an hour behind on GMT?). Note that nicko was active yesterday evening and has been so again since this morning, so check out the main thread for further stuff.

Alan.........Please try to refrain from using the term may if at all avoidable on this message board. It is a term usually associated with bullshit and conjecture and we can get our fill of that with regards to these subjects any time we want from newsnow.

May - in this case, meaning 'if the price is right.'

Would be silly to imagine otherwise.

An exchange between nicko and RevidgeBlue among others follows, revolving around Warnock

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the 'mystery striker' dependent on shipping out Roque.

No.

And Martinez to Wigan moves closer by the minute.

Plus Mowbray to Celtic now seems inevitable...Coyley not for turning.

Which means West Brom and Swansea will be looking for managers soon.

And Magilton to QPR...out by September?

When do you see us making our next signing of the summer Nicko? I was lead to believe that it would be sooner rather then later...

Hopefully soon...but that is not a cue for an 11 o'clocker.

cheers... why is the deal for givet taking so long to complete?

I honestly think it is done and agreed by all parties...it's bound to be some technicality about money changing hands. I would take that one as being a done deal.

Further discussion on the issue of Warnock last summer including the following explanation:

As anyone around last year would tell you...Newcastle made two or maybe three bids for Warnock...all were too low...why they kept trying is something for you to figure out yourself...

The player was unsettled by the manager openly talking about the move with his 'old mate Wisey' and also looking into (a.) getting a replacement or (b.) taking Damien Duff as part of it.

As for being insulted? If the cap fits...

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #2 of 4

nicko digest from the Big Sam's Summer Shopping List thread covering the period up to 14:00 today (board clock seems to be an hour behind on GMT?). Note that nicko was active yesterday evening and has been so again since this morning, so check out the main thread for further stuff.

Nicko, a bit left-field but I heard a Wigan fan call Talksport tonight saying that following Bruce's departure (and comments made about 'not wanting to beat Man U' last season - or words to that effect) that Dave Whelan should leave the club.

Have you heard any noises about any division between Wigan Athletic FC and their owner?

I'd love Whelan to sell Wigan and mount a takeover at Rovers. He'd fit the mould of the type of buyer Rovers would be looking for (in my opinion, of course).

There's no way you can blame Dave Whelan for Steve Bruce going. I like Brucie but he moves around too much to ever be taken seriously.

Whelan IS trying to lower his budget and would like to get some money back. He would also sell.

But who is going to buy Wigan?

Gael Givet's deal is done. He will be officially a full-time signing on June 10 - the official date when his 'loan' expires.

His terms are agreed, the agent is sorted. The lad is even off on holiday, happy in that knowledge. His kiddie seems to be well too, born over here where he is already settled.

That is from 'le cheval.'

Does anybody know if Seiterides is still a target. I still think he is our best option, and capable option for right back. Ive also heard Ryan Taylor's name mentioned again, Nicko any more on those 2 names?

Push me on the right back vacancy and I would say:

1 - Civelli would be the 'squad' option - someone who can play centre half and right back.

2 - Chimbonda would be the 'swap' option - someone who can play all across the back.

3 - Seitaridis is an option if 1 or 2 does not happen.

4 - Ryan Taylor is an option in the Last Dance at the Disco period on August 31.

ON A SIDE-NOTE...HERE IS A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF NICKO'S RULE...'THREE CLUBS IN FOR ONE PLAYER EQUALS TOTAL BULLSHINE.'

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8...5361866,00.html

Football365.com link above is on Obafemi Martins being linked to Arsenal, Everton and Aston Villa.

Is Civelli still being daft on his wage demands? Have we actually started talking to him?

Any outgoings on the move at ewood nicko?

Also where does todays announcement leave Sbragia at Sunderland?

Rovers know Civelli's wage demands. I presume this has not been done by telepathy. He will come down to sensible levels. Or he will be kicking those size 12 heels for some time.

Outgoings? Do you want me to give the Rev a heart attack?

Sbragia is interesting. Brucie won't want him, the guy himself will feel awkward. However I believe he is due a survival bonus soon, so he may hang around.

Could turn up at Ewood or there is always his old job back at the Happy Days Cafe.

Alan you still mention Civelli. Is there no truth then, about his wage demands which might put an end to the deal?

He is being silly. But in the words of a well-known agent...'it's called negotiation.'

You have lost Ooijer and Simpson. So you need one extra right-back.

Maybe Emerton, but you may well lose Zurab which would mean money for a reserve and allow the manager to bring in a new face.

If you get Civelli the balance looks good...

If you get Chimbonda as well you are borderline top-heavy, but very strong.

If you got neither you would be weak.

In the end it will probably come down to finance.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #3 of 4

Do we have any good young defenders in our reserve/ youth team? Maybe one of them can step up to Zurab's position and save us £25k/ £1.3m (approx) in wages

In a word, no.

Nolan went, Kane didn't come through. Nothing else in sight.

Morning replies to miscellaneous overnight musings:

ALAN SMITH - Surely not.

FRAIZER CAMPBELL - Was due to go to Wigan as part of the Valencia swap in the summer...on loan...that is now obviously not certain. Ok, but a little lightweight.

DARRON GIBSON - Less likely to leave than others at Man U right now...Possebon is pencilled in to go out on loan.

LEE CATTERMOLE - More likely to go to Sunderland...Bruce loves him. Good player.

Nicko - can you check out the Smith story or do you know for a fact we are not interested?!

I will sniff around it, but it doesn't fit the profile of what is currently being chased.

Newcastle are desperately trying to offload their players just now. He could even be given away...in that set of circumstances it could be right if he is free...but he is done.

Think the story comes from his mate, who is close to some of the Yorkshire press. A quick check on the by-lines would confirm that source.

Are Newcastle close to moving on any of their big wages?

It would be great to see them struggle to sell people and still have a massive wage bill to pay in the championship.

Owen - £6 million-plus.

Viduka [soon] - £4 million or so.

Smith [if they can] - £3 million or so.

That would be a decent start.

I wonder if anyone has tested the waters with them yet. I think Beye would be an excellent signing at right-back for us. The one player that stood out for them last season.

Would they be in a position to turn down a £500,000 bid or lower? Just an idea.

Beye is a good thought. However the Geordies will want a good fee for him.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #4 of 4

Tuncay...wants to play for Liverpool.

Tugay will be going to Man City to do his coaching badges.

Comparethemeerkats.com production.

Any of the City lot worth a gamble?

Definitely being turfed out this summer are Danny Mills, Michael Ball, Dietmar Hamann and Glauber Berti, who are out of contract.

Hughes will also listen to offers for Jo, Elano, Tal Ben-Haim, Javier Garrido, Darius Vassell, Valeri Bojinov, Felipe Caicedo, Gelson Fernandes, Benjani Mwaruwari and Kasper Schmeichel.

What about the kid Fernandes?

Caicedo is not the worst - if someone could teach him the offside law. Very young and very powerful.

Like Benjani, but perhaps the fire has gone out there.

The rest can go to Jobseekers.

Sebastian Larsson has only got 12 months left on his contract - could be worth a cheeky bid?!

Touted as a Bentley replacement a year ago...reckoned he wasn't up to it then and he has done nothing since to change my mind.

Sorry Nicko. Newcastle are looking for £4mil for VIDUKA? Please tell me thats the wages they're looking to save or something.

£4mil for Viduka must be a joke?

No, I meant annual wages off the payroll...

Nicko, do you know if any English clubs are actually interested in Arango?

Ready to move

And sorry if it has been mentioned, but do anyone know anything more about who were monitoring last weekend in Spain?

Plenty looked in the past, so there could be interest. Talented, left-footed, strong, bit of a character. Good signing for someone if the price is right.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Apologies for the edits to the 4 afternoon updates - only the times were edited to reflect actual current time in the UK as against board time (which seems to be showing times in GMT for quoted material). Any advice on this matter welcome on the Transfer Links Thread in Ask Admin section. NO COMMENTS HERE, PLEASE!

Thanks.

Archived