SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Links

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update - Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (Part 2) #1 of 3

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (Part 2) thread covering the period from 15:30 yesterday to 15:00 today.

nicko has been extremely active on the board during this period, especially on the Kevin Davies thread, where the bulk of the exchanges were not related to "active" transfer targets. As such, only the more pertinent posts have been included in today's digest from the Kevin Davies thread, which follows the main digest.

Note also that selective editing has been carried out for the main digest, too, in order to reduce the bulk here. To see the full discussions, please visit the thread itself.

Any comments on nicko's posts should be confined to the respective threads - DO NOT POST THEM HERE!

I've heard Shika rumours too, isn't he scheduled to join the players in pre-season training?

Are any other midfield/right sided midfielders or defenders being watched? Civelli?

Most of the names have been mentioned before...

The Egyptian Al-Muhammadi [or whatever] showed last night why he had been at Rovers and was over-looked. One-dimensional. Up-and-down runner and mediocre crosses.

[...]

Nicko,

Eidur Gudjonsen has been told he can leave barca.. HE IS STILL LOOKING FOR A BIG PAY DAY

Have you heard any noises that he could find himself at Ewood?? NONE SO FAR

He has stated that he wants to play in the premiership..and FourFourTwo links him with us,WHU and Spurs..is this the. 3 club rule coming into play again? NOT THE AGENT THREE-CLUB RULE, JUST A BORED YOUNG JOURNO FILLING A SPACE IN HIS MAG

Any ETA on Di Santo? Has Ancelotti arrived at Chelsea yet or what?

I understand that the lad goes on their American trip, Anceloitt will watch him train and possibly play in a game...and then a decision is made.

The high-ups want the boy to go out on loan, but they have to give Ancelotti the courtesy of having the final word.

Broken_Picture_Frame posted a rumour about Michael Owen wanting to join the Rovers and team up with Sam again, sparking brief debate that included the following exchange.

nicko, any idea if Big Sam would be interested in Owen?

I mean knowing the type of manager Sam is, I am surprised he isnt looking at Owen, who realistically at 29 still has something to offer and if fit can score 15 goals a season. His statement shows me he is hungry and wants to prove people wrong. He never was world class despite what some people in this country wanted to believe, but he definitely was a good goalscorer irrespective of the pace, which is now long-gone.

I doubt it. He was his manager at Newcastle United, saw the signs and left him out which at the time was both brave and visionary.

He is not at the top of the wanted list just now, but you never know.

As it stands Owen wants around £55,000-a-week. He could get slightly less at Everton and is hoping for Aston Villa.

I don't see that one happening with Rovers.

Nicko,

Have you heard anything about Rovers being in for Jurado of Mallorca?

A 'mate' told me that Sam was looking at him as a Tugay replacement.

Cheers,

I know they watched Mallorca a couple of times towards the end of the season. Is that the same Jurado who was at Atletico Madrid? If so he looked a worldie but then went off the boil.

Could be right, although I think I saw him linked with someone else today...might have been Villa.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update - Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (Part 2) #2 of 3

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (Part 2) thread covering the period from 15:30 yesterday to 15:00 today.

nicko has been extremely active on the board during this period, especially on the Kevin Davies thread, where the bulk of the exchanges were not related to "active" transfer targets. As such, only the more pertinent posts have been included in today's digest from the Kevin Davies thread, which follows the main digest.

Note also that selective editing has been carried out for the main digest, too, in order to reduce the bulk here. To see the full discussions, please visit the thread itself.

Any comments on nicko's posts should be confined to the respective threads - DO NOT POST THEM HERE!

Just been told that he was on loan at Mallorca last season from Atletico. But now back at Atletico. So yeah same guy

[...]

One to watch then, but I am not sure an out-and-out left winger is on the agenda. However there is a few bob kicking about now, so that picture may change.

[...]

nicko how come you are quick to dismiss any talk of Owen but Jurado who there is nothing in it for us to be linked with, you havent dismissed out of hand?

Owen has been available for some time and Rovers have done nothing about it.

Jurado is total news to me, but I wouldn't dismiss it because of the fact that Rovers scouts HAVE been at Mallorca games...I couldn't figure out why at the time, but it could well be they were watching this guy. I will want to know more before I take it seriously though.

rovers going for Crouch or not now Nicko?

[...]

Not now...too dear and he didn't fancy it in January.

Nicko, don't like to see people bombarding you with questions so usually refrain from doing so. But just wondered if there was any news on the young French midfielder we were supposed to be looking at? The one with his picture at the start of this thread. Nzonzi?

I haven't heard too much on him...seems a bit young and untried for a key part of the team. You would hope there would be a decent name being signed for that department now that there is cash about.

Any news on Emana Nicko??

Too much money - daft agent.

He was left out of the Betis team as they went down...one to watch but with caution.

[...]

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update - Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (Part 2) #3 of 3

Nicko: Will we sign Rothen? I watched some videos lately and he looks like a speedy and younger Tugay with great passing ability. He's got long hair too :) I think Allardyce can get out much of Rothen.

[link to YouTube omitted here]

Rothen should be sorted out one way or another soon. The manager wants to get that one done and it is relatively cheap. However the player needs to know what is on offer at this end and what he has to do to cancel his contract at the other. These kind of things can take time, but I would be optimistic about that one.

Nicko said there will have to be at least two strikers ready for Sam to let both Roque and Derbyshire to go. Looks like Derbyshire will go today. Im assuming Di santo and Davies are the targets. That should leave us with at least 6 - 7 Million to spend on a Midfielder and RB.

Two strikers...one right back/centre half...at least one midfielder.

And that's only if no-one else goes.

Far busier than just two signings.

Has to be.

Nicko, you stated a couple of weeks ago that Matty would not leave until two strikers where brought in. To date no one is actually in.

????????????. Have the goal posts been moved?.

That is what Sam told the Derbyshire camp. 100 per cent.

So the manager must be confident he has his two guys coming in - or the money from the Greeks became too good.

Only time will tell which one of those is right.

[...]

Nicko, and I know it sounds like a set-up question but again it's not, are there many other EPL clubs whose owners are inputting a zero transfer pot for 2009/2010. Genuine questions I promise you and I'm not making any point here, simply curious as to where we are in the 'spending other peoples money' pecking order ;)

Money is tight everywhere. At least you are not hopelessly in debt and fretting about paying the mortgage.

You can't under-estimate just how good the Roque sale is for you. I can't think of many clubs in your 'range' who won the pools like that. It changes so much.

If you look at Portsmouth, West Ham, Bolton, Wigan and the likes they are not planning to dip into the special reserve account. They are all downsizing.

Stoke City are an exception because they have a wealthy backer, Sunderland are about to go nuts and obviously Manchester City have an oil well or two in the back garden.

So, overall, life isn't so bad at your place.

Hamann is definitely without a club...that's as of five minutes ago.

It's an interesting one because Sam was fuming when he snubbed him, but then tried to get him again a few months later.

I think time may be against him now, but he was a very good player. You never know, if the Rothen move broke down...

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update - Kevin Davies #1 of 1

nicko digest from the Kevin Davies thread covering the period from 15:30 yesterday to 15:00 today.

nicko has been extremely active on the board during this period, especially on the Kevin Davies thread, where the bulk of the exchanges were not related to "active" transfer targets. As such, only the more pertinent posts have been included in this digest from the Kevin Davies thread.

'Depends on the price' is pretty vague.

Considering he is English, captain of his current club, signed a new contract last year (3 years to run iirc), they don't want to sell and the public knowledge of the sort of money we recieved for RSC (how much money we have to spend= they can ask for more) i think Nicko's estimate of £5 million plus is an accurate figure.

I think people can forget getting him for say £2.5 million or less it aint going to happen.

The figure is down to Bolton and - trust me totally on this - they want much more.

However there are many ways to skin a cat.

nicko what we havent addressed here or i dont think we have is whether davies would actually want to move here again, hes the captain of bolton, someone who is reveered by bolton fans and seems to be the focal point of their attack, nicko in your heart do you think he would give all that up to come back here again and be a potential target of boo boys? i am not saying any of you lot are

Put it this way...I heard Rovers wanted him three weeks ago but found it hard to believe...then I heard something very significant at the weekend that confirmed to me that the move is very much on and he is STILL the manager's top choice.

Call me Mister Suspicious, but perhaps the manager knows that Davies is interested which is why he is still on his trail.

Sam has been around the block a bit, so he will know who wants to join him and who doesn't.

Watch this space when he comes back.

When can we expect him to return?

Thursday.

how much of the money from santa cruz and derbyshire will sam allardyce have to spend??

I think there is probably about £12 million 'clear' on Roque and £2.5 million or so on Derbyshire.

As several players have already left the wage bill - including Roque ad his king-size cheque - there is no real reason why the full amount cannot be re-invested...the payroll cuts have effectively been made.

I would expect deals - including fees and wages - of around £12-15 million to be spent.

No reason why not - and from what I hear the chairman is quite bullish about 'making a splash.'

[...]

If the Davies guy is that good why has nobody else bought him since he's been at Bolton? Just a thought.

Hull City did. Twice. Moves refused. Newcastle United were warned off when Sam went there.

Chelsea considered him at one point last season but changed their minds.

Davies would walk into any side outside the top five or six. Ask the managers of those clubs and most would have him.

Still waiting for the Dream Alternative from someone...anyone.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update extra

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (Part 2) thread covering the period from 15:00 to 15:05 today. Added in view of the latest reports.

Rothen has agreed a contract with us according to Tribal, which sites Eurosport as a source.

Just need to agree a fee, hopefully free.

No, he has not.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 5

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (Part 2) thread covering the period from 15:05 yesterday to 16:15 today. Note that nicko has been very active on the board during this period, including considerable activity on the Kevin Davies thread. Since there was no substantial discussion of any transfer target on that thread, today's digest is restricted to the main transfer thread.

Today's digest is largely chronological, but has been arranged according to transfer target for ease of reading. A degree of selective editing has also been carried out for the same purpose.

Marc-Antoine Fortune

Three EPL clubs have agreed a fee for Marc-Antoine Fortune, are we one of them?

THREE CLUB RULE ALERT...

The main club interested down here think he is going to Celtic. And Celtic think he is going to England and have gone elsewhere for someone else.

[...]

We're not involved then?

I don't think so. Saw him a couple of times for West Brom, does some good things but very erratic in front of goal.

If he is a £4 million player than Davies at £5 million is a steal.

Michael Owen

Nicko are Hull the only club active on trying to sign Owen at the moment?

As far as I know, but they think he is going to Celtic...who think he is going to a club in England.

His agent is doing a good job of confusing everyone.

He's not worth the fuss.

Juan Arango

Nicko, you said thee other day that we had been at a Mallorca game but you had no info as to who we where watching.

Heres one thats on the move AM and I would think in our price range.

Arango

He's been looked at for a while, very talented but a bit erratic. And there is a hint of the THREE CLUB RULE about it too.

A comparison of Arango with Robbie Savage then follows, including a revealing insight into the origin of Robbie's line that "Blackburn is closer to Wrexham than Birmingham City".

Nicko can you expand on "erratic" Just been watching all the clips of Arango, he must have some baggage to be touted at 4m.

I know it's Youtube, he's amazing, I wouldn't think twice about signing him, guess thats why I don't have a place in Dubai.

Great skills, but can go out of a game. Good on free kicks and does some exciting things. However he can go missing off the radar at times. Interesting signing for a side that can afford a 'luxury' player.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #2 of 5

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (Part 2) thread covering the period from 15:05 yesterday to 16:15 today. Note that nicko has been very active on the board during this period, including considerable activity on the Kevin Davies thread. Since there was no substantial discussion of any transfer target on that thread, today's digest is restricted to the main transfer thread.

Today's digest is largely chronological, but has been arranged according to transfer target for ease of reading. A degree of selective editing has also been carried out for the same purpose.

Daniel Sturridge

Chelsea signing Sturridge today would seem to increase the likelyhood of this loan deal going through.

Sturridge is not done yet. It's another SSN catch-up tale without having any substance.

That one still has a bit to travel before it gets done.

Existing targets - Rothen, Davies, Di Santo et al.

Any news about Rothen Nicko?

[...]

Rotehn has to be sorted out, Davies has to be sorted out, there is still a wait on Di Santo.

And there is an upleasant surprise in the morning about a player you were after.

Big Sam is due back from his hols tomorrow ? Do you see a rash (if thats the right word) of transfer bids, starting with Davies ? If that fails, who do you reckon is next on his list (or, indeed, is there more than one striker on his list ?). Can we have a 'runners and riders' list as we stand at the moment ?

I think Sam will demand a proper bid is made for Davies rather than an inquiry...right now there is only one runner and rider...even if some reckon he is a donkey. ;)

Gallacher to get chance was the LET billboard headline today

That probably tells me about their lack of stories more than Gally's chances of a game...

Nicko, are any of these still on our radar?

Civelli TALKING TO EVERTON

Muhammadi POOR

Seiterides MAYBE A TRIAL IF THEY DON'T FIND BETTER

Shikabala SEE ABOVE

Zaki PLEASE, NO

Mbia EXPENSIVE AND SUPPOSED TO BE GOING TO MARSEILLE NOW

Mbami FREE AGENT...NO-ONE IN A RUSH THERE

Luis Garcia PLEASE, NO

Maxi Rodriguez NEED TO ROB A BANK

Crouch NEED TO ROB TWO BANKS

Bent NEED TO ROB THREE BANKS

I'LL GET MY MASK

[...]

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #3 of 5

Renato Civelli

The unpleasant surprise is that Renato Civelli, who had been talking to Rovers about joining on a free from Marseille, is heading for Everton instead. He is due in at the weekend. Big Argie, would have been Ooijer's replacement, but now bound for somewhere else.

The snag for Rovers was his demand for around £40,000-a-week. He is expecting that at Everton. He may yet get an unpleasant surprise himself.

As for the Crouch story...five months ago it was right. Not now.

If he was going to play in our first team, at his age, and his attributes and the fact that no fee is involved, then I dont see the problem.

Nicko, any idea what he is currently on and what we actually offered him?

We had the same thing over Valencia a few years ago when we didnt sign him. Lets hope he doesnt turn out that way.

I don't know what he was offered, but the player's demands were causing some concern from quite early on in the talks [about a month ago].

Don't worry, he is no Valencia. But you WILL need a right-sided defender who ideally plays both roles.

OK its quite high, but as the player is a free would we not have used what should have been the transfer fee on the wages? If we'd have got him it would then have allowed us to concentrate on other areas of the pitch as the defence would have been sorted.

I can only presume that - after watching the player - Rovers felt he wasn't worth that amount in wages even as a free. They are probably right.

Pascal Chimbonda

If we we're / are interested in Chimbonda then surely that would cost more than Civelli?

Must be a transfer fee of about £2m-£2.5m plus wages can't be far off £40k a week after his move to Sunderland where he was on a good deal.

I think Chimbonda's best chance of a move was a swap - as I said at the time. He was being mentioned in the Roque equations. The Warnock idea seems to have gone quiet at the Spurs end. So unless Chimbonda is loaned out or given away then that one won't happen with Rovers.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #4 of 5

Benjani Mwaruwari

Nicko, is there any Rovers interest in Benjani? Can't see him getting much of a run over at Citeh this season, when their shiny new forward line is in place.

Reasonably limited player in some ways, but someone who can lead the line and (when on song) put the ball in the back of the net. I would rather see him turning out for Rovers than Davies.

I don't think there is...I liked him a lot, but since his injury problems he has gone back an awful long way.

No comparison whatsoever with Davies.

Nicko,

Out of interest - what sort of money would it take to get Benjani? Citeh only paid 3.75m for him, and he has arguably dropped in value since that time. What sort of wages would he be on?

Not sure if I agree with your contention that Davies is a more effective player. Was definitely better last season, but there is no reason that Benjani couldn't come back strongly from his injury problems (thigh muscle issues, if i recall correctly? unlikely to be career threatening...)

Anyway, even if Davies is a more effective target man, if he is going to cost 6m+, then I would think that Benjani could represent a better value proposition. He could do a job, and would leave more money to strengthen other areas of our squad that desperately need reinforcement (ie. centre midfield).

Benjani a year ago would have been worth a punt, but I have seen him twice in City's stiffs since he came back and he is now slower than a week in Strangeways.

Avoid.

Ismael Bangoura

[image omitted here]

i `d like to throw in a name for Mr Williams Ismael Bangoura............Bangoura's favourite position is striker, although he has played as an winger and attacking midfielder. He is well known for his pace............

The 24-year-old has two years left on his contract but there is a buy-out clause which allows him to leave for £8million. But it is thought Kiev would allow him to depart for a figure closer to £7m.......................................

Go On Mr Williams go for him............The last player i recommended was Valencia before Wign snapped him up........Dont get stung twice..........

Rasmus Elm

neophox: No way, Anders has grown a lot since he left Southampton but he's still incredibly overrated. Can't handle the physical side of the game. Rasmus Elm, Viktor Elm, Rasmus Lindgren all better swedes in the same position imo. Rasmus Elm would be a great signing methinks and not at all impossible since he's still at Kalmar.

Rasmus Lindgren was linked to Newcastle in january for £2.5m, dunno if it was tosh or what but he might also be a good signing for us. Perhaps he's too similar to Grella in playing style though.

Put to Rovers a month ago, they watched him and think he lacks strength.

Tom Huddlestone

Just browsing the interweb and spotted this.

Sunderland & 2 others have bid for Huddlestone accepted.

THREE CLUB RULE ALERT

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #5 of 5

Oscar Cardozo

News here in Portugal:

Blackburn Rovers have been following Oscar cardozo from Sl Benfica.

He is Rovers target to replace Santa Cruz.

Release clause : €50 million.

I doubt Benfica would sell for less than €20 million.

For those that can read portuguese or want to translate:

http://noticias.sapo.pt/desporto/info/artigo/1000934.html

[...]

Cardozo would be ideal for over here, but the price is ridiculous. This is what you are up against.

Unnamed midfield target

Nicko, with the lack of reported interest in midfielders (especially ones that are of the box-to-box variety), do you think Sam is relying heavily on getting Reidy and Dunny fit?

We know that Dunny when fit adds a lot to this team, he can dribble and run at players. Reidy if we could keep him fit and get him back to his form that saw us make sixth and a couple of points off 5th would be a huge asset.

Its a huge gamble to make though, trying to keep them both fit.

I am pretty sure you will sign a midfield player or two [including Rothen in that two]. Remember when Sam went away the Roque deal had not happened and he was scarping round the bargain bin.

Now you have a few quid - so hopefully some good midfield can be found.

If I mentioned the name I heard two weeks ago I would in all likelihood be killed.

[...]

go on, name names. Some of the overreaction to Davies has been hilarious

[...]

I heard the name of a midfield target you are supposed to be after from a senior figure at a rival club, but I am NOT naming him. No way. Full stop. No PMs. Thank you.

Guest Wen Y Hu

A couple of links from the main Transfer Topic thread concerning reported new target Oscar Cardozo:

The Times Online, 25 June 2005

"Blackburn Rovers are in talks to sign Oscar Cardozo ... from Benfica as a replacement for Roque Santa Cruz ... . Blackburn are open to offers for Benni McCarthy, the South Africa striker."

Window watch (see under "Decent Bets")

thanks to Fylde Coast Fan for the link

Mirror.co.uk, 25 June 2009

The Mirror's "Football Spy" also puts Cardozo on Sam's wanted list and suggests that Sam also wanted him while at Bolton. The reported asking fee is £6m.

Sam Aims to be Oscar Winner

thanks to eddiewac for the link

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 3

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (Part 2) thread covering the period from 16:15 yesterday to 15:30 today. Note that nicko has been very active on the board during this period, including considerable activity on the Kevin Davies thread, especially yesterday. Relevant posts from the Kevin Davies thread are under the Kevin Davies topic in #2 of today's digest, which has been arranged according to transfer target for ease of reading. As previously, a degree of selective editing has also been carried out for the same purpose.

Oscar Cardozo

So Nicko, any truth in the Cardoza rumour? It was in the Mirror today. Granted not your story, but was just checking..

Cardozo story came out in Portugal yesterday - and some muppets picked it up and ran with it today. I think he would be too expensive.

There is an awful lot going on at the club in the last 24 hours that suggests to me some of the high-ups are looking at alternatives to Kevin Davies, but the manager is still fixed on that course.

Going to be making a lot of calls on that subject today. TWO names from nowhere have come up. Not sure either are better than Davies, but we shall see.

Two names from nowhere

Out of interest Nicko are the two named players about the same age as Davies or younger?

Funnily enough, one is.

Nicko when can you let us know the names of the two players that Rovers are looking at that you suggested earlier?

If and when moves for them move on...

Marc Janko

Nicko: Has Janko fallen off the radar or is he still being considered as a possible Roque replacement?

There seems to be less enthusiasm for him than there was in January...

But there is a long way to go before you sign a striker, so it's not impossible that he comes back up the list.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #2 of 3

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (Part 2) thread covering the period from 16:15 yesterday to 15:30 today. Note that nicko has been very active on the board during this period, including considerable activity on the Kevin Davies thread, especially yesterday. Relevant posts from the Kevin Davies thread are under the Kevin Davies topic in #2 of today's digest, which has been arranged according to transfer target for ease of reading. As previously, a degree of selective editing has also been carried out for the same purpose.

Kevin Davies (from the Kevin Davies thread)

nicko say we do sign Davies, would he be the 'big name' signing of the summer? Or would we have enough cash left for a quality midfielder?

I don't imagine that would be the case.

But a lot depends on what Bolton demand...and that will be heavy.

If you don't get Davies you will probably have to spend MORE on another striker, funnily enough.

So there is a lot of talking and thinking to be done.

One thing is sure. You won't get a top-quality striker for UNDER £5 million.

That is no doubt the cue for a dozen or so obscure foreigners to have their names bandied about on here.

AND, BY THE WAY, DJIBRIL CISSE IS ABOUT TO SIGN FOR PANATHINAIKOS...NO GREAT LOSS, I WOULD HAVE TO SAY.

Can we draw a veil on this for now. The point is that the manager knows who he wants. I'm sure there are many decent candidates about but there is only one guy whose opinion matters...and that's your boss.

It's going to be an interesting few days. It has also been an interesting few months when most of the names suggested have no doubt been researched already.

Keep it real. You have money you never saw coming from Roque's sale. It has changed the whole picture.

Now just leave it to the experts to make their moves and then take it from there.

It's a good giggle chucking names of possibles about, but ultimately it gets you nowhere. You just get fuistrated when they don't arrive because the club goes for someone less 'sexy.'

The great irony of the names put forward is that I know who Mister Z is - the alternative to Kevin Davies - and he has not been mentioned once.

He won't be my me either until the Davies thing is exhausted. That is the crunch here, what happens next on that front. And there is a fair way to go on that.

Evening all.

Kevin Davies and the Rovers board transfer policy (from the main Transfer Topic thread)

Did you really believe John Williams and the board would sanction 5 millions on Davies? While Big Sam rates him, John Williams are responsible for the long-term future of the club in financial terms. Williams has in several interview explained the business model of the club, which basicly means that most of the gains from sales would be made available to purchases. The resale factor was by Williams highlighted and the reason from a business perspective a Davies deal will never happen on the terms you reported.

On a personal note, I also think Davies is a proven and good player of his type.

First things first, the manager should always be allowed to pick his targets. If the money is too much for his budget, then that is a different matter. Even Paul Ince was allowed to sign players who were initially opposed...like Fowler and Andrews.

You have to let a boss decide - and he has to be accountable. Ince lost his job because he signed badly.

Who would have been sacked if the board had made the decisions?

And what knowledge does the board have about the ability of targets?

Some of the names being bandied about in the past days behind the scenes are [a] bizarre and in many cases as old. So the re-sale value thing does not apply here.

It's hard enough getting strikers without tying yourselves down to ones you might be able to sell in the future...

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #3 of 3

Ahmed Al Muhammadi & Di Santo

Papers saying fulham in for di santo

DI SANTO...you know the score, you have first shout, Chelsea are letting Ancelotti look at him first...no change, all well...just wait.

THE EGYPTIAN...nobody can seriously want him...not a Premier League player.

OWEN...I like Steve Stammers, but I don't think he is right on that one.

Egyptian side ENNPI Cairo claim Blackburn are interested in signing winger Ahmed Al Muhammadi, who had a spell on trial at Ewood Park last season under former manager Paul Ince.

Speak of the devil.

I think they are trying to create a sale...

Ibrahima Niasse

[image omitted here]

I heard Mr Williams logs on to this site and just wanted to tip him off on a player by the name of Ibrahima Niasse...................Rated at 4 million Euros the Senegalese midfielder (21) who is currently playing for Swiss club Neuchatel Xamax..............................Well worth buying now before he goes for 3 times the price in a few years..........

Reports in France saying that Rothen is on wages of 160 000 euros(monthly)!!.......................and for him to get out of his contract it will take 3 840 000 euros.....................................Rovers want him for nought.............

Ugur Boral and Shikabala

Nicko,

What happened to our interest in Ugur Boral (Fenerbahce's 16) - we did look into him during last years Euros. He'd give Morten a kick up the pants. He was being watched, even when we had Morten.

Also, is Shikabala's club Zamalek happy to let him be here for a Trial? Or do they demand immediate negotiations should Rovers approach the club since he is an established international? Many potential moves have been scuppered because of our insistence to a 'trial before we buy' policy.

Boral was watched by Sparky and his people. I have not heard his name since. Good player, wide rather than central. However I would not dismiss that idea.

Shikabala is a trialist at best and neither he nor his club seem to have any better options.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (Part 2) thread covering the period from 15:30 yesterday to 15:30 today. Note that nicko has been very active on the thread during this period and that some 15 pages have been added in the last 24 hours.

Today's digest has been arranged according to transfer target or discussion topic for ease of reading. As previously, a degree of selective editing has also been carried out for the same purpose.

Samba and Beattie

Venerable Scribe, if Lescott goes to City, how safe are we holding on to Samba.

Whilst you were in NY, Kenwright was spotted at Ewood.

Like the venerable bit...but isn't that a disease?

Saw the Kenwright line, checked it out, had it laughed off.

Samba seems quite settled just now but it would be a concern. Everton are bringing in Civellie for talks but he plays on the other side, so there could still be a hole in their team if Lescott goes. There is nothing to worry about yet, but we are only in late June.

Anything in Beattie rumours?

Checked that one this morning but was told [a.] no contact and [b.] would be very difficult because of his wages, fee etc.

There is also NOTHING doing with Samba and Everton as we speak...that is from TWO ends in the past hour.

James Beattie won't be leaving Stoke...

Chimbonda and the eleven o'clocker

Heard we are back in for Chimbonda now, any truth?

Checked that - not on just now.

THERE IS NOTHING IN THE JOEY BARTON THING EITHER AS WE SPEAK.

CHIMBONDA...I know his agent quite well...and there isn't a move there at the moment...there might have been if there was a swap, but not right now.

MIGUEL...Villa think they are signing him...Spurs do like him too...but I don't think they will match the Villa interest at the moment.

ROTHEN...won't be buying out his contract but would like to reach a settlement in PSG...but he wants to know what is on offer at Rovers first.

WEST BROM...Alan Irvine was favourite, not so sure he is any more...couple of new names in the frame.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #2

nicko digest from the Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic (Part 2) thread covering the period from 15:30 yesterday to 15:30 today. Note that nicko has been very active on the thread during this period and that some 15 pages have been added in the last 24 hours.

Today's digest has been arranged according to transfer target or discussion topic for ease of reading. As previously, a degree of selective editing has also been carried out for the same purpose.

Departures - Zurab, Gally, Rigters, Benni

Any news on departures nicko?

What about Zurab, is he still off to Gala? LAST I HEARD, BUT HAVE TO SAY I HAD LOST INTEREST

Was the story about Gallagher being given pre season a chance to prove himself true or is he likely to leave to the first bidder? TRYING TO KEEP HIS PRICE UP I SUSPECT

Can someone give us some money for Rigters, perhaps enough for a sandwich or something? A BIG MAC-EO

I have to ask are the clubs open to offers on Benni statements true??

I can't see him being allowed to go until replacements are in...and even then it would take good money.

Target positions re-visited

Nicko,

Can I ask do you know which positions we are definitely looking to fill this summer??? Its probably already been asked, but 88 pages is a lot of reading.

Thanks in advance.

Right back [ideally who can play right centre half too] - midfield 'general' - midfield 'passer' too - two strikers.

And that's only just now.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #3

Sam on Sky

Sam Sky interview quite interesting. Looks like he is in 'I'll do it my way' mode.

1 - stressed that the club needed to sell [interesting].

2 - that he has to get strikers in and would pay for the privilege [who can he mean?]

I think the air will be crackling for a while at the club.

Mind you, he might have changed out of his pyjamas.

My money still says crouch is number one or number 2 on the list. I must also declare I've never been wrong yet*

Crouch's fee is too big, his wages are too big and his ego is too big...his shirt may be too big too.

There has been a lot of speculation over potential strikers, but not much about any potential midfield 'generals' - any thoughts Nicko?

One of your replies to me earlier was that yes we have lost Santa/Derbs but they didn't do much for us last year anyway - and with us losing Tugay/Axe in the middle (and having a lot of injuries there) do you not think we could/should spend big on a brilliant midfielder and get a cheaper striker+Dos Santos in?

Having seen Sam on the telly and hearing what has been going on for the past week or so I would say that Priority 1 is a striker and Priority 2 is another striker...Di Santo should be one of those and we all know about the other.

I would suggest the quality of the midfielder you sign will be down to the cost of the striker you land.

I missed it nicko, did he say that he needed to sell in reference to RCS and Derbs or did he hint that more sales are on the way?

[...]

He was suggesting the club 'had to get some money in' which I think referred to their present financial position and future.

He is DEFINITELY chasing a striker above all else. It's not talk, that is reality.

Anyway, see for yourself. Comfortable shirt? He was back yesterday...that's pyjamas.

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,237...5402161,00.html

Continue to sell? May that imply that the likes of Warnock could be made available?

I don't think there is any NEED to sell. But that doesn't mean he won't do it out of CHOICE or somebody comes in with daft money. It happens.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #4

Pape Diakhate

Right back [ideally who can play right centre half too]

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zo...lubs-for-dynamo

10M seems out of our price range for that position

Forget the 10M, I must stop posting whilst working

Linked in the past with 3 "heavweights" and now linked with us and three distinctly average Italian clubs. Is that the 3 club rule twice!?

Has been offered round Prem in the past but nobody touched him because he was too expensive. I can't see Rovers signing a monster centre half when they already have two of the better ones.

Haminu Draman

Apparently we after Ghana star Haminu Draman.

Blackburn and Stoke chasing Haminu Draman.

Do you see anything in this Nicko or is it just a player who tells that he is available?

The name was doing the rounds this morning. Checked his CV which can only be described as 'strange' and the picture would suggest that if he is actually 23 he had a taxing paper round back home in Ghana.

[...]

Just checked...he played for Ghana last weekend, but only came on as a sub for Prince Tagoe for ten minutes...and his value is supposed to be £25 million.

Pass me that whacky baccie.

[...]

Just contacted a chap in Europe who has a couple of the Ghanaian players and he laughed out loud. It would be a surprise one.

I've seen 2.5M.

That would be more like it. Still described by my chum as 'very average.' We shall see.

Archived