BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stuart Ripley

On sky Sports 1 now. Premiership players, where are they now. Talking about the team we had in 94-95. Those were the days.

Apparently he now has a 1st Degree in Law and French and is training to become a solicitor.

Fair play, goes to prove not all footballers are thick as ######

On sky Sports 1 now. Premiership players, where are they now. Talking about the team we had in 94-95. Those were the days.

Apparently he now has a 1st Degree in Law and French and is training to become a solicitor.

Fair play, goes to prove not all footballers are thick as ######

His boy Connor Ripley was in our academy as well, but I hear he's now joined Boro.

Met Rippers on a night out in Clitheroe a few weeks back. Totally restored my faith in footballers as people - I was chatting to him and his Mrs about everything from football to families for about half an hour and we only stopped because our food came. Top, top person, his Mrs too, very humble and seemed to really enjoy the fact (and was surprised) that we classed him as a legend!

Inevitably we mentioned the San Marino v England game and his home debut against Arsenal when he hit the bar from about 40 yards...he laughed and said that everyone mentioned those two things!

Class act!

that is very true...... i played with him for a bit before he joined rovers !! good player but very cocky

The legend is now a pacticing solicitor at brabners llp in Manchester ( they have Preston office too) so if you want legal advice you know where to go!

that is very true...... i played with him for a bit before he joined rovers !! good player but very cocky

Goalkeeper isn't he, know anything much about him?

I loved Ripley, I just love that title winning team, full of English grit and determined players, what a midfield, Ripley, Wilcox, Super Atko and Zidane Sherwood, that's why Shearer never won anything after he left, no Ripley and Wilco to whip it in for him ;)

I loved Ripley, I just love that title winning team, full of English grit and determined players, what a midfield, Ripley, Wilcox, Super Atko and Zidane Sherwood, that's why Shearer never won anything after he left, no Ripley and Wilco to whip it in for him ;)

The diagonal ball into the box was the key, you cant defend them at all, both defenders and keeper unsure if or not to come for it!!

Ripley and Wilcox really delivered them well, we could do with deliveries like that now and McCarthy would hit 30 goals a season!!

He's a big lad and because of that he seems effective, if nothing special, anywhere on the pitch. He played up front when my lad played against him this season. A handful because of his size but shot a bit like his dad. He went in goal for the last 10 minutes and saved the match for them when my son cracked one in the top corner only for Connor to stick his hands up and, more by luck than judgement, tip it over the bar. Earned them a point which made up for when my son's 2 goals beat them a couple of weeks before. :D

Met Stuart a few times on the Clitheroe train to Manchester. As someone posted above, he is working in Manchester as a Solicitor, dealing with the legal side of clubs in the North-West.

I asked him why he wanted to join Rovers, he gave an honest answer by saying, money was a factor due to Uncle Jack's millions, but he said once he talked to Kenny he knew he wanted to come to Rovers.

He's still in contact with many of the title winning team, good mates with Tim Flowers, wasn't too sure about Shearer as a manager at the time, thinks he needed to apply his trade in a lower division before making the step up.

He wasn't too downbeat about his England debut, when he pulled his hamstring, he said it was down to your luck and maybe it wasn't meant to be for him.

Asked him about what he thought was the main reason we won the title, was it Kenny's tactics or just his presence. He said, it was due to a bit of both, Kenny knew every single player around the world, and he could tell you every fact you'd want to know, including strenghts and weaknesses. He said it made it easier playing oppositions in the PL, due to his in-depth knowlede of the opposition.

His kid was released by Rovers, and is now at Boro'.

Top bloke.

ermm well he was a centre back.. but yeh i was talking to him and his bird today and he's a keeper now !! im 6ft 1 so he will be 6ft 2 nearing 3

Archived