BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ahhhh, i'd missed the good old england batting collapse

It really is an art, it's not easy to throw your wicket's away in a domino effect style, but make no mistake about it, we are still the best in the world at it!

Still will be interesting if we can get it to swing though, might not be so interesting if we can't :(

Englands middle order should be shot.

Correct.

The score at present is more than 100 below par.

Oh for the Barringtons, Boycotts, Barbers and Barnacle Baileys of my youth.

That lot could each bat for 3 days or more if required .........

With England on 199-0, 500 was a reasonable target. At 360-6, 450 is more realistic.

Changed circumstances.

Are you even thicker than you appear ?

You are priceless Jim. In fact, you are thicker than a 4 by 4 piece of wood.

What do you reckon the Australian batting reply will be?

Shall we start at 400, 500 or 600?

Lets face it, Australia are about to face a 3rd rate county bowling attack.

You are priceless Jim. In fact, you are thicker than a 4 by 4 piece of wood.

What do you reckon the Australian batting reply will be?

Shall we start at 400, 500 or 600?

Lets face it, Australia are about to face a 3rd rate county bowling attack.

:lol::lol:

Another one hooked.

Well hopefully we can just nudge our way over 400 and push on another 10, maybe even 10 who knows lets go crazy.

Then we are going to need to bowl well and try and get the middle order out of jail. Think it's going to be about the swing and whether or not we can get it, Harmison's bounce may be a threat depending on how consistent he is, let's hope we get Steve Bodily Harmison and not Steve Harmlessen.

Come on England

Harmison isn't playing :rolleyes:

get it, Harmison's bounce may be a threat depending on how consistent he is, let's hope we get Steve Bodily Harmison and not Steve Harmlessen.

Come on England

Harmison ... which game are you watching ?

Johnson should retire and open a pie shop :lol:

Dennis Lillee, that over-rated pie chucker, says Johnson is "a once-in-a-generation bowler".

He's right....Johnson's the worst bowler I've seen in 25 years.

Australians must be worried about Johnson after he bowled so well against SA. Just watched him bowl a ball and his arm is still too low, thought Cooley would have seen that and tried to rectify it with some practice this morning. Surely they have access to footage of their bowlers…

If he is dropped next test who comes in Lee, Clark?

It really is an art, it's not easy to throw your wicket's away in a domino effect style, but make no mistake about it, we are still the best in the world at it!

Still will be interesting if we can get it to swing though, might not be so interesting if we can't :(

Actually, we're not even best at collapsing, Pakistan have that one sewn up at the moment.

Well at 11am I was hoping for a few more than 425 but I can't complain once Strauss went really, it's a good score again but not a great score, certainly gives us something to bowl at though, could do with a few early in roads.

We've just got to hope that Harmison, Gough, Botham and Laker can do the business now :P

consistent in our inconsistency Jim

Harmison isn't playing though, that certainly can't help the workload of Botham though. Still I didn't see him do much with the bat so he should be fresh. ;)

You two are worse than Blowers on TMS

Archived