BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes

Dropping KP is a totally ridiculous idea. He's our best batsman by a mile, even if he does do daft things every now and again.

And who are these wonderful batsmen waiting in the wings to step in? Unfortunately the current batting line-up is about as good as we've got at the moment. Yes, we can all argue about whether Bell should come in for Cook / Bopara / whoever, but he's proved to be just a flakey as the current lot in the past. Who else is there?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've made 311 so far today in spite of KP. Drop him for the third test and play Bell. He needs a kick up the arse.

We're letting this slip a bit now, these two need to bat til stumps otherwise we could unbelievably be looking at honours even for today.

Needs Strauss to carry his bat now to make the minimum 500 target.

Another low score in the 2nd innings and Pietersen should be dropped.

Move the middle two up and bring Bell in at No 6 where he averages 50 in test cricket.

No way KP should be dropped.

316-4, I can't help feeling disappointed after a few players have got in and then got out again when they needed to push on (like the first test).

However, if you'd have told me this morning that England would have been 316-4 just after 5, I'd have ripped your hand off.

Great day so far really, just need these two to hang around until the close.

EDIT - I've done it again haven't I!

Huge movement from Johnson, clean bowls Prior.

We're in a bit of bother here now, 317-5 and suddenly the start isn't anything like as good. The captain will be stranded at this rate.

Epic innings by Strauss which he will hopefully continue tomorrow and good knock by Cook but England could regret losing the other wickets so cheaply.

England need the last 4 wickets to bat into the second session making at least another 100. Anything less than 450 will be substandard on that pitch against a county 2nd XI standard attack and leave the game wide open.

Needs Strauss to carry his bat now to make the minimum 500 target.

Another low score in the 2nd innings and Pietersen should be dropped.

Move the middle two up and bring Bell in at No 6 where he averages 50 in test cricket.

I rate Bell and would like to see him in the team at 6, but you just can't have Matt Prior at 5 in a test team.

Think the aura of playing at the most famous cricket ground in the world got to a few of the inexperienced bowlers, nice to see them bounce back.

Anything less then 450 on this pitch is a failure for England is Australia don't bowl them out for less then 400 I can see another draw.

wind your neck in Jim, uncalled for.

350 Is the minimum score for a test innings, supposedly your bowlers should be good enough to work with it.

400 means you should not lose

500 means you should win

600 means that if you dont win you've bowled a part time spinner for the last few overs and you deserve a collective slap for buggering it up.

700 is taking the proverbial

600 means that if you dont win you've bowled a part time spinner for the last few overs and you deserve a collective slap for buggering it up.

very good flops.. I wonder what you mean.. :P

Weather here in London at the moment, looks awful.

England should be looking at a min of 450 IMV. Midge got hammered in todays press.. Needs to buck-up his ideas methinks.

Any weather may help a bit today as we failed late yesterday and scored so quickly.

If the full overs were bowled and Aus goy 650 again we may still have had a similar scenario as at Cardiff but if we lose half a day they won't have time so we can attack them knowing it would be very unlikely we would be in a losing postion during this test.

Hopefully we'll get to 400 and have them 200/5 ....

Strauss out second ball so 400 will be good now!!!

Archived