BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes

Why is everyone hyping up Harmison? He is having a decent county season, but he's been ____ since the 2005 Ashes, and can only do it when you have a bum clenchingly fast pitch with bounce. I'd even pick Onions over him. Broad needs to go back to the counties though, as he has hit a wall in terms of form. I'd also be tempted to drop Pietersen and Cook soon if they don't perform soon. Cook's early promise has stalled, whilst Kevin thinks he is invincible and can do any shot and get a 6. He's arrogant, but not in the right way.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this is a perfectly reasonable appology. Dont you?

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/4...tml?CMP=OTC-RSS

:)

Digusting really.. It's no wonder the WI cricket team is failing in most - if not all - forms of the game..

Considering that the current WI squad made $1m USD each from the pathetic Stanford cup, they should really take a closer look at themselves..

And before someone says 'wouldn't I do the same' the answer would be no. Playing for your country is an honour..

Booze doesnt affect your ankle bones or your knee muscles, especially looking at how trim and fit he is and has been for a while.

He's a big lad and his front foot (according to Allan Donald) lands in just the right way to cause maximum stress throughout his body.

Plus, as my 70 mile cycle ride proved the other week. Once you hit 30 your body is going downhill and wont recover anywhere near as quickly from injury

Booze does really affect recovery time from injury. So if he has hit the booze a lot in his life then his body will not be able to recovery quickly, especially if he hit the sauce a lot when injured.

Lords groundsman Mike Hunt (sorry Mi ** **nt) says the pitch has plenty of pace and carry. The first day has been the best for bowlers at Lords recently so win the toss and put them in, hoping they're not 600/5 again.

Harmy might knock a few over ealy and it might swing for Jimmy.

Looks like a full days play today, not much play tomorrow and a few interruptions thereafter.

So looks like another draw to me unless there is a tumble of early wickets.

Mitchell is all over the place, much like ER I was expecting him to do big things this series.

Anyway, we're going great guns just now. 117-0 with about 10 mins til lunch. Strauss is starting to sweep which always makes me nervous.

Hopefully 100's for the two of these then we can get KP and Bopara in and let them play.

Agreed. Out of interest does anyone know why he didn't make it in time to commentate on the first test? They all seem quite sheepish about it.

126-0 at lunch - this is a massive chance.

never ever underestimate England to bugger up a seemingly strong position. A great start but (WARNING Bothamesque stating the bleeding obvious moment coming up ) they need to kick on and get big scores and grind the Aussies intonthe ground and not give their wickets away.

It goes from bad to worse. The Aussie bowlers are doing their best to lose their unbeated streak at Lords since 1934.

Forecasting rain tomorrow.

Great chance for England to build a substantial total. Both batsmen are well set and should make big hundreds.

Can they do it ?

Archived