BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree AiUK. Unless they grab 1 of these 2 quickly, i cant see them getting the win. Johnson is going to be key with the new ball now.

I still feel it's not over until it's over, Monty can't bat and although Anderson can hold one he isn't great against this sort of pressure, as long as their are 3 balls left and runs to be got, this one's not over.

One wicket makes you huge favourites again.

Current odds by the way

Draw - Evens

Australia 8/11 On

England 500/1 ;)

10 or so overs left, it ain't gonna happen is it.

Or maybe we'll get a lead of 12 and bowl them out for 10!

Lol. Perhaps Brian, but im guessing thats wishful thinking now hahaha. C'mon South Africa

Didn't even realise Warne had been playing in the IPL, don't really follow it a great deal. Either way I'm glad from an England point of view that he isn't playing. Guess they are just honouring his retirement.

Australia won the first test in the last series, my point was in 2005 Australia also did and then went on to lose the Ashes, which shows that the first test doesn't always have a huge say on the final outcome.

I still think we are going to struggle to save this one, my hopes are more with Colly knuckling down rather than Flintoff, still see the big man getting out to a silly shot somewhere, very much hope I am wrong though.

See I knew it would be Colly who knuckled down ;)

Didn't expect it to be Monty and Anderson to see us home though!

What a finish

Roll on Lords

• Backroom

I'm not a cricket fan per se but I've enjiyes watching the last few days.

as a sportsfan in general I still can't see the fairness in a result like this being a draw though, it was the equivalent of parking the bus x infinity. Well played Monty and Anderson though.

I'm not a cricket fan per se but I've enjiyes watching the last few days.

as a sportsfan in general I still can't see the fairness in a result like this being a draw though, it was the equivalent of parking the bus x infinity. Well played Monty and Anderson though.

Because scoring is not the be all and end all. That last wicket partnership was brilliant. Pure drama.

The Aussies can bat, can bowl and can field. What they cant do is accept gamesmanship when it goes against them :P

How many times have we seen the aussies on the verge of a loss and then they employ stalling tactics ? Today, when England did it they did nothing but whinge.

What goes around comes around you little weasel whining whingeing aussie twits :lol:

Decent game from two decent teams. The atmosphere seemed very sterile though. Mind you, I am comparing it to the outstanding support generated by the Pakistan supporters at the Twenty20 WC, so I'm being rather unfair.

I predicted a draw and was correct. The England bowling 'attack' was a joke, mind you.

Lucky England, we didn't deserve to take anything from this test after being thoroughly outplayed for four days.

Looking at the Australians you can see the gulf in class, their batting unit is superior and I would argue that this superior bowling unit we supposedly ‘have’ is complete ######. There is hardly any difference at all between the bowling options on both sides.

It’s going to be a big ask from what I’ve seen for England to bounce back from what was a mauling in all but result. Plenty of positives for Australia to take into the next test at Lord’s plenty of questions need answering by England.

I predicted a 2-1 win to Australia before the series, i think the series win will be bigger from what I've seen perhaps 3-1.

The Aussies can bat, can bowl and can field. What they cant do is accept gamesmanship when it goes against them :P

How many times have we seen the aussies on the verge of a loss and then they employ stalling tactics ? Today, when England did it they did nothing but whinge.

What goes around comes around you little weasel whining whingeing aussie twits :lol:

You're a fool.. plain and simple..

Well done to England on the draw.. Colly played a real gritty innings

Archived