BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes

Credit where it's due - Aus have batted magnificently to get themselves in to this position. Everyone that got a start converted to a big score and thats the difference at this level.

Still can't help thinking that the balance of power changed when KP gave it away.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My team for the second test:

Strauss

Cook

Bopara

Pieterson

Collingwood

Prior

Flintoff

Anderson

Harmison

Onions

Rasheed.

More or less what i would go with even though i am not a Harmison fan. However i'm not sure they will drop Broad because of his batting ability, bringing Rashid into an ashes series may be seen as too much too soon, if they drop a spinner though it will be Panesar and i can see them sticking with Swann.

I think they will line up (even if i disagree)

Strauss

Cook

Bopara

Pieterson

Collingwood

Prior

Flintoff

Anderson

Broad

Onions/Harmison

Swann

I just think they will drop Panesar and replace him with either Onions or Harmison.

More or less what i would go with even though i am not a Harmison fan. However i'm not sure they will drop Broad because of his batting ability, bringing Rashid into an ashes series may be seen as too much too soon, if they drop a spinner though it will be Panesar and i can see them sticking with Swann.

I think it's worth a go giving Rashid a go but as you say Swann will probably play.

I agree with you regarding Broad. I also don't think they will drop him as he is a "trier". I do think that he should be dropped however.

Still a day's play, I think Australia will get this. England have been extremely poor. For those who aren't rating this Australian team, they did actually just defeat SA at home ya know.

The bowlers are inexperienced but another year of test cricket and they will be turned into consistent world class performers

KP lets the side down again. I'm fed up hearing how much natural ability he has, he's in it for himself and until that changes he'll never be any more than a liability.

Aus have opened some eyes with this performance, and fully deserve their win.

Ouch. That hurt.

There is something so warm and comforting about staying up late at night and watching the Poms getting done in the cricket.

My 3 year old son and 3-week old daughter are now joining in the tradition B)

I'm also enjoying the great English tradition of talking themselves up as world-beaters, only to turn the finger and slag off their own once things go a bit pear-shaped. All English sports supporters are bipolar/manic-deppressives. ;)

On a more serious note, Anderson is OK but from what I've seen of Broad he offers nothing. The match and the series are far from over..so no need for wrist-slashing just yet fellas! :lol:

the biggets mistake they made was taking the captaincy off of Pieterson.

Big changes required for the next test.

If appropriate changes ar enot made then I'm afraid "WHITEWASH" is writ large across the walls of the Long Room.

Ben Dirs:

"Hauritz fizzes one past Strauss's outside edge - all of a sudden the Queensland off-break bowler is being made to look like Tiger O'Reilly."

Say what you want about KP, he will win you more matches than lose matches. You guys cant keep on blaming him, you have 10 other players who should be held responsible as well. Your captain is a poor decision maker, and your bowlers are not going to win you much matches. The criticism Pietersen is getting is ridiculous.

Typical, England are on the ropes and the umpire decides to give Australia a gift. Whatever happened to the referral system, it needs to be brought back for incompetence like that.

You should read Ravi's column in the mail.. Backs up my previous comment

There is such a difference in quality i don't see the point in playing Australia. Another 5 nil whitewash will do young English players no favours, we should be playing Scotland, Wales, Holland if would be more competitive to watch

Oh come on.. :rolleyes:

Let's not get hysterical..

England are a good team. 2-3 of England's players would walk into the Aussie line-up, without a doubt.

Archived