BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes

He always gives you a reason to criticise him because he's so talented, but gives away his wicket cheaply - like today, that was not a wicket taking delivery.

It's advantage Australia sadly - their bowling attack is pretty poor, but they can still score runs. Our bowling attack is good, but I'm not sure it's good enough.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-2 with a last minute away goal for Aus.

If tail can get us to 350/370 then its going to be very close, because i dont think its an easy pitch to bat on or score on, especially against decent spin

2-2 with a last minute away goal for Aus.

If tail can get us to 350/370 then its going to be very close, because i dont think its an easy pitch to bat on or score on, especially against decent spin

Agree Flopsy. Runs as they say are on the board. A good bowling spell for England with the new ball, could just swing it back in Englands favour. Australia's batting are not consistent enough, as they showed against South Africa. There are still question marks over their opening pair, and number 4,5 and 6 in the batting order. Hussey is due a big score though, as is Ponting so England might just feel the brunt of their lack of form.

BTW, a little game for your amusement.

Whenever Stuart Broad hits a run, stick bless at the end of the sentence.

Eg. on TMS Blowers would go - And there goes a crane, no pigeon, no its a fire engine, no its actually a cloud in the sky and Broad has just smote Siddle to the boundry at long on - Bless

And there goes Broad with a forward defensive - bless

Trust me, it makes me smile to myself, but I am easily pleased.

Bless

maybe in 20/20 but NOT in test match ashes cricket it shouldnt!!!....we thru the wickets away today !!!!

Quite right.

Pietersen and Flintoff both got out to cross-batted shots. If they had played properly with a straight bat, in the manner of Boycott, Barrington or Tavare, they might still be at the crease.

Increasingly I find Test match cricket unwatchable because the players do not understand the virtues of patience and shot selection.

Boycott would never sweep the ball until he had passed 150, and then only sparingly. Pietersen's hoick from outside off stump defied belief. If I were captain I would insist he were dropped for the next match.

Looks in the balance. if the pitch turns sooner rather than later then its definitely advantage England.

Impressed with our middle order today. Previous opening day tests its buckled in a big way. Broad and Swann can actually bat too, so a few more runs possible tomorrow. Makes a change from our usual tail order.

Quite right.

Pietersen and Flintoff both got out to cross-batted shots. If they had played properly with a straight bat, in the manner of Boycott, Barrington or Tavare, they might still be at the crease.

Increasingly I find Test match cricket unwatchable because the players do not understand the virtues of patience and shot selection.

Boycott would never sweep the ball until he had passed 150, and then only sparingly. Pietersen's hoick from outside off stump defied belief. If I were captain I would insist he were dropped for the next match.

Fortunately you arent. Silly Macho shot, but thats what he's like, we have Cook and Strauss to bore us to death ala Tavare and Boycott.

Most irritating dismissal was Collingwoods shot, which was just plain lazy, you could sort of see why KP did his (if not forgive), but that one? Oh dear.

Fortunately you arent. Silly Macho shot, but thats what he's like, we have Cook and Strauss to bore us to death ala Tavare and Boycott.

Most irritating dismissal was Collingwoods shot, which was just plain lazy, you could sort of see why KP did his (if not forgive), but that one? Oh dear.

Nothing wrong with accumulating runs patiently over 3 or 4 sessions. All the best Test players can do it and none of them give their wickets away like Pietersen.

Collingwood's dismissal was not unusual for him. He has a tendency to dabble outside off stump and it often leads to his downfall.

it happens, would've gone for 3 or 4 if it hadnt hit the lip of his helmet

Balls, he spooned it up in the air, thats how it hit his lid in the first place. Even without that it wasn't travelling much further than 20-30 yards, he would have been caught anyway.

Stupid stupid stroke. KP - so much of a genius that he got outsmarted by Nathan Hauritz. Embarrasing.

Tavare!! :lol:

I actually forgot to watch last night! :eek: I guess the arrival of my 2-week old daughter has thrown things out of wack a bit..I'll be tuning in tonight for a bit though.

Australia have handed back the advantage to England this morning on a silver platter. They've lacked focus today - their bowling has been very poor, almost as if they expected to wrap up the tail for 20 runs and bat all day.

I wonder if they are regretting not picking Clark? Its fair to say i haven't seen him bowl for a long time, but from what I remember he was similar to McGrath. Metronomic, bowling it in the right areas and length and waiting for the batsmen to make the mistakes. He would have kept it tighter against this tail.

Archived