BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes

Mixed first session of the series.. Surprised that Hilfenhaus has kept his line quite tight. Not surprised by Johnson's effort

Mixed? The Australian bowlers haven't looked that impressive, but will have been delighted to have taken 3 wickets in the opening session. They won that session by absolute miles.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first session to the Aussies poor shots from Cook and Bopara good bowling by Johnson to remove Strauss

but I still think the Aussie bowling after Johnson is lightweight and can be put under preasure, Can England get 350 this pitch will turn much as always depends on Pietersen.

Pretty even going into the evening session, think Siddle has been a bit unlucky and has bowled better than the stats suggest. Johnson still remains the key threat though, thought he has been a bit wayward today with his line and length but his slower ball is causing the odd problem.

Its a pretty tame pitch, though with it spinning on the first day (slow spin atm) its bound to turn more as the test goes on.

The atmosphere is dead.

Yeah I agree but it has been very slow so far and the atmosphere is never great at the start of a test match imo. However plenty of beer will have been drunk by now so the atmosphere should be improving.

no, not by miles, 1-0 at HT i think

It's been a good recovery, but on a pitch where most considered 400-450 to be the first innings target to be at 90-3 with two new batsmen at the crease was a big problem.

C'mon you aussies. Sorry its much better than watching South Africa choke at crucial times. I can still see Australia bowling England out for little, in the 2nd innings.

A couple of good partnerships have just about bailed England out today. Just past 300 for the loss of 5 wickets, if we get to the end of the day without further loss you'd have to call it even.

A couple of good partnerships have just about bailed England out today. Just past 300 for the loss of 5 wickets, if we get to the end of the day without further loss you'd have to call it even.

I would call 310-5 Advantage England. 370 ish would be quite a good total on this slow wicket. 450 would be excellent

I would call 310-5 Advantage England. 370 ish would be quite a good total on this slow wicket. 450 would be excellent

Flintoff has just dragged on, 327-6.

Night-watchman time - wtf?!

Prior gone. If Jimmy can chip in with double figures and Broad and Swann get 20 or so we can get 380-400 and I think our bowling attack is better than theirs.

Should be okay.

Siddle has deserved a couple of wickets.

Stumps. 336-7.

Up and down day, just about everyone got in but no one really made the most of it. I hope KP is kicking himself - hard.

Getting to 400 from here wont be easy. Slight advantage Aus for me.

Stumps. 336-7.

Up and down day, just about everyone got in but no one really made the most of it. I hope KP is kicking himself - hard.

Getting to 400 from here wont be easy. Slight advantage Aus for me.

I agree. But this was the extreme of his rashness. At other times, I've always found it hard to criticize him for being England's top scorer.

At other times, I've always found it hard to criticize him for being England's top scorer.

Thats the worst thing about him - it doesn't matter how many runs he scores, he always gives you a reason to criticise him.

Archived