BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's not bad, is he, AiUK

Just watching Stuey McGill in the SBS studio, he's probably wondering why he retired.

Now he would be turning them on this wicket.

Let's hope it continues :tu:

re: MacGill - the guy seriously let me down, when I went on th Aussie tour of WI last year.. To put yourself up for selection, then retire mid-way through the series, was disgusting. Don't get me wrong as I like Stuey, but that was bang out of order IMV.

Adding further to his lack of judgement, was his constant advocation of Bryce McGain as Australia's best spinner last year and we all know how they turned out in SA.. <_<

EDIT: sun is out now..

England seriously on the ropes here, Aussies playing more shots and boundaries now. I would expect the Aussies will want to have a bowl at England this evening, perhaps an hour (weather permitting) and see if they can take a wicket or two. Having to bat on the final day to save the match on a deteriorating pitch with a couple of wickets down, the pressure will be huge.

Dave is correct, Aussies really turning the screw. I would say the declaration is coming soon.

Aust now over the 200 lead marker... Well done boys!

Interestingly that the Aussie bowling attack has now had a full two day rest

I noticed that Harmison is bowling well in his county game, currently 4/40

I noticed that Harmison is bowling well in his county game, currently 4/40

Problem is he has a shocking test performance or series, gets dropped then does well on the country scene and gets recalled and then the cycle repeats. Not a fan at all of his. They are going to have to bring in someone though, Flintoff can't keep bowling all these overs, Jimmy hasn't done too bad considering the lack of swing, Broad, Panesar and Swann have been rubbish.

Problem is he has a shocking test performance or series, gets dropped then does well on the country scene and gets recalled and then the cycle repeats. Not a fan at all of his. They are going to have to bring in someone though, Flintoff can't keep bowling all these overs, Jimmy hasn't done too bad considering the lack of swing, Broad, Panesar and Swann have been rubbish.

I agree with your sentiment, but I'm still very much a fan of Harmy. Maybe he will break the cycle with Flower and Strauss at the helm?

I would also agree with Bryan, that Onions needs to be recalled to the first XI. Although having said that, I wouldn't drop both spinners..

Haddin has also made his ton! Well done Haddo!! :tu:

250 and declare?

I hope so dave, as a 250 lead should be enough. Bearing in mind the weather, I would give England at least four full sessions. So maybe a dec at tea?

Still cannot understand why England went with two spinners? Ritzy's figures now look better than both Swann and Monty's combined..

Well done to the opening bowlers, especially getting Ravi out (dangerous player IMV)..

Here is hoping the rain clears and we can get two more.. Siddle will be chomping at the bit to have a bowl today..

Aus need to keep the pressure on..

Weather is supposed to be decent tomorrow

Typical, England are on the ropes and the umpire decides to give Australia a gift. Whatever happened to the referral system, it needs to be brought back for incompetence like that.

Yesterday you say the test is boring and now you state that Aust is being given gifts.. It may have been a questionable decision, but that is cricket..

The referral system comes into effect (on a perm) basis in October

I'm hurting really badly.

It doesn't get any worse than this.

Captain who runs out of ideas too quick, bowling attack with not enough consistency/ threat, batsmen who give up their wicket too cheaply. It's just the absolute worst and no-one can tell me that that's a good Aussie side, not compared to the 2005 tourists.

La Tristesse Durera.

I would also agree with Bryan, that Onions needs to be recalled to the first XI. Although having said that, I wouldn't drop both spinners..

|If you were gonna pick a spinner you'd put Rashid in, in my book.

some of the English bowling has been nothign short of criminal.

A member of the English squad described anderson before start of test as the world's best bowler!

we';ll know when it gets really bad because Sajid mahmood will get a recall.

A member of the English squad described anderson before start of test as the world's best bowler!

That was a bit too far but over the past 6 months to a year he has been our best bowler IMO. They tried to change his action and technique too much and his bowling took a huge hit especially in terms of accuracy. Now he has gone back to what worked when he first started and as a result his pace is back up to late 80's early 90 mph and his accuracy is far better.

I think he hasn't bowled that badly, especially when you consider he hasn't been getting it to swing. Only thing he needs to develop is an alternative method of taking wickets when the ball doesn't swing. IIRC Hoggard did that by learning to bowl decent off-cutters and leg-cutters when the ball wasn't swinging for him, hopefully Jimmy can do the same.

Archived