BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Gallagher - Gone

mark

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We sold Derbyshire whom was a slightly better player than Gally in my opinion, so it's probably no suprise that Gally has been sold as well. What was a suprise was that Big Sam mentioned a number of times this season that Gally was in his plans, he had a full pre-season under his belt and even got on the pitch against City last weekend. So he's gone from capable sub to not wanted in the space of a few days, all seems a bit strange to me.

Best of luck at Leicester Gally.

All I'm saying is that he never had the chances others had....Ok, Mokoena wasn't our first choice central midfielder, but he sure managed to get on as a sub more than I liked....My argument is that instead of Mokoena being the replacement for Tugay etc....why couldn't it have been Gally....A far better player....then he might have grown into a better prem player..

Because Mokoena was brought on to shore up the midfield for 25-30mins by running around kicking people. I can't see how Gally the striker-come-winger would have managed the same job. As has been said further up, he wasn't kept out of the side by the like of Mokoena and Andrews, he was kept out by Dickov, Kuqi and Derbyshire.

His chance to make it came after his first loan spell at Stoke. He had a really good seaon on the wing for them, but never pushed on and if anything went backwards.

Paul Gallagher is a really talented lad imo and I hope he goes on to fulfill that talent. I think only he will know why he didn't make it at "his" club but I think he's had a decent chance and it just wasn't to be.

One of the sad things for me is that there is only the perennially injured David Dunn left at the club who have Rovers in their blood. Even the likes of Liverpool, Manyoo, Chelsea, Milan, Real Madrid and Barca have/recently had players who are steeped in the club's tradition and, although Rovers fans outwith E.Lancs seemingly dont care about this, I dont think it's healthy not to have a local lad in and around the squad.

I could be wrong but I dont even think there are any local boys in The Academy. (hope someone tells me I'm mistaken)

Paul Gallagher is a really talented lad imo and I hope he goes on to fulfill that talent. I think only he will know why he didn't make it at "his" club but I think he's had a decent chance and it just wasn't to be.

One of the sad things for me is that there is only the perennially injured David Dunn left at the club who have Rovers in their blood. Even the likes of Liverpool, Manyoo, Chelsea, Milan, Real Madrid and Barca have/recently had players who are steeped in the club's tradition and, although Rovers fans outwith E.Lancs seemingly dont care about this, I dont think it's healthy not to have a local lad in and around the squad.

I could be wrong but I dont even think there are any local boys in The Academy. (hope someone tells me I'm mistaken)

Did you ever stop to think that the local lads at this point in time may just not be good enough?? You cant have a local lad for the sake of tradition. The prem is a ruthless league and if clubs get caught up in silly sentimental selections were going to drop even further into trouble. You stated clubs like Manyoo, Chelsea,Milan, Real and Barca have players steeped in the clubs tradition. Barring Liverpool you've just named the biggest clubs in world football so to compare their situations and investment in youth to ours is laughable

Did you ever stop to think that the local lads at this point in time may just not be good enough?? You cant have a local lad for the sake of tradition. The prem is a ruthless league and if clubs get caught up in silly sentimental selections were going to drop even further into trouble. You stated clubs like Manyoo, Chelsea,Milan, Real and Barca have players steeped in the clubs tradition. Barring Liverpool you've just named the biggest clubs in world football so to compare their situations and investment in youth to ours is laughable

I did suggest that the fact that Gallagher hasn't made it s largely down to him imo. The point I was trying to make about some of the clubs I mentioned was that, despite the mega millions they can spend in the transfer market, they cultivate local players who are good enough to be included in their squad/team. That, for me, is to their benefit on and off the pitch and maintains the fabric of the club which has to be important.

How can it be good for the lad to be farmed out here there and everywhere for the last 10 years....In my opinion if in that time he'd have been on the bench, coming on in the prem and playing carling cup football al la Derbyshire, he would have developed into a Premiership player...no doubt. Instead we'v had a steady stream of fairly expensive crap at our club....taking the place of him and now Derbyshire(who for the record I think couldve done a great job for us now and is a far better goalscorer than Roberts)....it's a sad sad state fo affairs how theyve been treated.

How can it be good for the lad to be farmed out here there and everywhere for the last 10 years....In my opinion if in that time he'd have been on the bench, coming on in the prem and playing carling cup football al la Derbyshire, he would have developed into a Premiership player...no doubt. Instead we'v had a steady stream of fairly expensive crap at our club....taking the place of him and now Derbyshire(who for the record I think couldve done a great job for us now and is a far better goalscorer than Roberts)....it's a sad sad state fo affairs how theyve been treated.

You've completely contradicted and undermined your own argument here. You say if Gallagher had have been kept within the first team squad and given a role similar to Derbyshire, then he would have succeeded. Yet Derbyshire didn't. Similarly, you say he could have been great for us, but compare him to Jason Roberts (soon to be fourth choice striker). Derbyshire and Gallagher are examples of local lads who have either been loaned out for experience or kept within the first team squad and who have both failed to make the cut. Surely this is indicative not of the club's policy with youth players, but the fact that neither were good enough? Look where they both are now, it's evidence that they just aren't up to the required standard.

At junior level local lads are at MU, Liverpool, Everton, Burnley etc. It not a lack of local talent it's Rovers rubbish Academy, that will change now with a new director - I hope.

At junior level local lads are at MU, Liverpool, Everton, Burnley etc. It not a lack of local talent it's Rovers rubbish Academy, that will change now with a new director - I hope.

If anyone watched football AM last Saturday. The boy in the Bolton top on the skill school is a Blackburn fan. He lives in Blackburn and was a finalist on Wayne Rooney's street striker programme on sky 1. He plays for Bolton academy, why not Rovers?

More than any other home-grown player we've let go in the last few seasons I wonder whether we're going to regret this one. Gallagher's a talent. Whether his attitude is right I don't know, but he's looked good in the brief cameo's he's made so far this season (including pre-season). Got a feeling we may regret this.

More than any other home-grown player we've let go in the last few seasons I wonder whether we're going to regret this one. Gallagher's a talent. Whether his attitude is right I don't know, but he's looked good in the brief cameo's he's made so far this season (including pre-season). Got a feeling we may regret this.

Absolutely, definitely, most certainly....... NOT !

I'd agree, Gallagher has bucket loads of ability. How long do we have to wait though? He isn't a kid anymore. If he sorts his head out he might well come back and bite us on the @rse but I dont think the club can reproach themselves if he does. Given the talent he has Gallagher really should have established himself by now.

Gally was nt good enough - fact - 8 goals 74 appearances for a striker

Matty was nt good enough - fact

Makes economical sense - Salgado's experience and prescence as a holding midfielder well worth it..

We ve got Reid, Emerton, Dunn and Grella returning soon, add in Salgado, Andrews and Nzoni ( who had more influence on a game on Saturday than Gally ever had ) and we have more than enough midfielders

Gally was surplus to requirements, disappointing but head must rule heart

Archived