BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Gallagher - Gone

mark

I thought he played in a more CM role when he replaced Emerton in the Grimsby match last season.

Did OK threading a couple of balls through for Matty, with a great shot near the end coming off Marshalls head and going over/wide of the goal.

Hardly Prem standard though, Gillingham would be a bit more of a test.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
disgrace letting a good local lad go for someone like Grella and Andrews to still be here....scandal. He was never given a run of games.

He has played over 100 games for different clubs at a lower level and has not done enough to convince the staff that he can make the step up.

He was rumored to be on £20K a season! That is a disgrace, what he has done in the last FOUR seasons to deserve that wage? Andrews is on no where near that and at least tried on the pitch, Grella- well the jury is out but lets just when he plays a number of consecutive games for us.

Sweet.

Incidently, I suspect we knew this would happen, hence the Salgado signing, so I wouldn't expect any more signings as a direct result of this sale.

What a stupid decision then.

If this our transfer business done then i am disappointed, obvious weaknesses that still haven't been addressed for the past 2-3 seasons.

Playing with mediocre players at Plymouth....sorry mate...I wanted him to have a proper run in the rovers team in the prem, where people like andrews, grella and Mokoena get the chance...None of them 3 are better than Gally, so why didn't he get a chance?....I'd rather Gally in the middle of the park than any of them 3.

disgrace letting a good local lad go for someone like Grella and Andrews to still be here....scandal. He was never given a run of games.

Loaned out three times to three Championship clubs and none of them wanted to make it permanent. It's a shame that a local lad couldn't make the grade, but it's hardly a disgrace.

If our salary budget was maxed out, £1M + £20k/wk would give us £30k/wk for Salgado for 2 years. (Numbers are for illustration purposes only).

I'm hoping Salgado was an extra, and that we always had the Gally money lined up for a midfielder. :o

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,...1762951,00.html

Confirmed, Gally is gone, 3 yr deal to Leicester.

Nicko any idea what the fee is and did we include a sell on fee?

Good news for me.

He had several opportunities, under diferent managers and was always loaned.

He is 25 now and it's time for him to move on.

Wish him the best...

I'd be interested to know if Gally has been sold to cover the wage of Salgado? Or that he has been sold so we can bring in a cheap midfielder that Sam might have in mind.

Or maybe he was sold because he had no future in the team...

:huh: poor decision to sell gally,i would have got rid of roberts,still more money for lardarse to waste :huh:

Good job your not the gaffer then, Hughes, Ince and Big Sam all thought that he was not good enough at this level, I respect their opinion before yours. Oh and I dont see where Big Sam has wasted our money, care to elaborate?

:huh: poor decision to sell gally,i would have got rid of roberts,still more money for lardarse to waste :huh:

and when will you grow up (every post u make on here is about Sam). We all know you don't like him, but you don't need to come on here every day and keep saying the same things again and again.

By the way the gally sale is a good move by sam. lets hope now the board give him the money to go out and buy a top class attacking midfielder!

Guest ErinBrown

Gally:

Positives of selling him

He will finally get the first team football he deserves (think we might be seeing his name pop up on Sky though)

The wage budget will be a little more comfortable now

It may allow us to bring in a creative central midfielder (doubtful)

We received a fee for him bearing in mind his contract expires next summer

It may help us to retain other players in the wage budget ie Warnock and Samba

Negatives

It leaves us with again fewer creative midfield options days before a match (my main worry)

I worry it will be such a low fee that it will be absorbed by the trusties for the sake of 'balancing the books' ala Salgado

The central midfield issue needs addressing now we have lost yet another option.

Archived