BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Playstation 3

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Home itself looks great, but yep - that video really kills the mood.

I really, really wish that Ghostbusters game footage unearthed last year is real. I hear the third film will be made in cgi, so hopefully, a game can be made...

That footage from last year was fake however, if Ghostbusters is your thing - it is coming Click

• 2 weeks later...
XMB (Xcross Media Bar) ingame will be coming in the next update, if not the next the one after. My mate has got the Dev Kit and he is simultaneously playing Eye Of Judgment and surfing the net.

Also, fun fact, he is in the top 50 ranked Eye Of Judgment players in the world :o

Dont hold your breath. I am getting sick of hearing their promises and getting sod all. If it does come in the next 2 updates then brilliant but I have started to give up getting excited for updates/games/home. You pin your hopes on a date then its all pushed back.

As for Eye of Judgment - fair play to him for having the patience to put up with it.

Dont hold your breath. I am getting sick of hearing their promises and getting sod all. If it does come in the next 2 updates then brilliant but I have started to give up getting excited for updates/games/home. You pin your hopes on a date then its all pushed back.

As for Eye of Judgment - fair play to him for having the patience to put up with it.

No, heh. He's a Developer for Sony, he has the Dev kit in the office right now. They just released one now, the sound one, so the XMB should be in the next one, if it isn't it will be in the next. He's 99% sure it will be in the next one.

And he is really good at EoJ, he made his own board with stones and everything just for a laugh.

EDIT: He says it will either be before/just after Christmas or held a week or two extra until Home comes out, but looks like mid/late December, so not long at all :)

EDIT: He says it will either be before/just after Christmas or held a week or two extra until Home comes out, but looks like mid/late December, so not long at all :)

I dont argue the fact that your mate works for them but I will fall over in shock if home comes out before July never mind December

Er I wrote that wrong, early morning :o

It should be out in the next update, or they might hold it for the one after, a week or 2 after Christmas (?) ish.

If not, they will hold it for Home, which, as you said, is next year.

He has the XMB ingame on his kit and it is only one or two firmware updates infront, so it should be any day now. For those of you who don't know what it is, it is like the PSP's. Basically a menu bar that you access, but now it will be ingame. Practically it can be like Alt Tabbing on a PC.

Apologies :)

As for the actual Home release date, the Beta should be anytime soon. He says it got pushed back a week or two due to a critical glitch but it should be up soon. I'd rather wait another month or two and have it as good as they can make it than have it rushed and buggy.

Guest Kamy100

Aye full DIVX support.

As for home no chance it will be out before Christmas. Sony announced a couple of months ago that they were delaying it till "first quarter of 2008". There were some rumours that the HOME Beta would be released before Christmas but to be honest can't see that happening.

Aye full DIVX support.

As for home no chance it will be out before Christmas. Sony announced a couple of months ago that they were delaying it till "first quarter of 2008". There were some rumours that the HOME Beta would be released before Christmas but to be honest can't see that happening.

The man doth speaketh the truth

Nothing of mention in the europe store this week (Americans still have the bowling game and Pain weeks before we have even seen it)

Noticed this morning through that the US store has a demo of Blacksite Area 51 which may be worth a look

(PS. The new warhawk map is a must to anyone who loves the game)

UPDATE: Played Blacksite. This would be a good game had I not already played Resistance Fall of Man/Call of Duty and Rainbow 6. Nice try but dosent look like it will live up to the ones already out so I wait for Haze and Killzone

Blacksite Area 51 is just what the PS3 is crying out for - a first person shooter... :glare:

Is any developer out there that can bring us something better? Even if Bioshock ever did come out on the PS3, I am so bored to death of them I wouldn't buy it.

OK, I would but please can we have some innovation now? This is not living, this is dying on your arse, Sony - step it up.

Can anyone help, PS3 will not start, all I get is mesage saying " Cannot start the correct hard drive can not be found " was working fine yesterday all I have done I think is left it switched on charging the controller

Can anyone help, PS3 will not start, all I get is mesage saying " Cannot start the correct hard drive can not be found " was working fine yesterday all I have done I think is left it switched on charging the controller

Have you tried removing the Hard Drive and putting it back in to see if it reseats properly? Failing this I think your only option is to call the customer support - it is likley that they will send you a new one.

Got my PS3 today, hooked it up with the normal wire (red/white/yellow) and set it all up, thinking it was pretty impressive but not breathtaking. Switched to the HDMI wire and I am speechless.

If you don't have use HDMI wires now and have access to a HD TV, get it hooked up now the difference is immense.

Been playing R:FoM and Motorstorm all day, will be downloading the Kane and Lynch demo amongst others.

Very impressed.

Cocker, tried your suggestion but it did not alter anything. Been on to Sony careline and they asked me to do the same thing. I told them I had already done this and as you said replacement console being sent on Friday. Thanks for the help and advice, ah

Archived