BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Playstation 3

So, Fifa 08 and a blu-ray rental for £9.99 plus Oblivion (which to all intents and purpouses, I have completed). I hope to pick it up as early as possible Friday and will be letting you know what I think as soon as I can!

That's me quoting myself from another thread...

Just thought I would bring up the point that I consider Blockbuster at the moment to be the best place to buy PS3 games. Especially if you consider I got Oblivion in te first place for a tenner when I traded Call of Duty...

Downloading Warhawk as we speak, and for the record, I quite enjoyed Harry Potter. Sad, I know.

I am ooking forward to Loco Roco if it is that cheap too!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I found Flow to be much the same. I put it on for Jack sometimes as he gets hypnotised by it. Then again, the missus says I do too! The vid looks good to me!

I use that excuse too when the Mrs tells me to put the bins out "Sorry love, I was hypnotised by the game and didnt hear you"

Downloading Warhawk as we speak, and for the record, I quite enjoyed Harry Potter. Sad, I know.

I noticed you were on last night (tried to get into your room and pop a cap in your bottom but the room was full)

What do you think? (I am interested because I didnt like it much at the start until I leared you could actually lock on to the enemy instead of looking like a bumble bee with a gun)

Not going to mention Harry Potter though

I find it very frustrating that I seem to be the only person in the world that can't play it. I can't get to grips ith it at all. I think I may have to open my own room and practice on my own for a while. To be honest I was ready for ripping out the disc and breaking it in two. Luckily I downloaded it so I couldn't do that!

Eddie: she had a list of games that are eligible for the trade in, one of which was Oblivion. They did assure me I will be able to do it, but I have that nagging feeling come tomorrow they will change thier mind. Either way I will post what happens.

I find it very frustrating that I seem to be the only person in the world that can't play it. I can't get to grips ith it at all. I think I may have to open my own room and practice on my own for a while. To be honest I was ready for ripping out the disc and breaking it in two. Luckily I downloaded it so I couldn't do that!

Then I will try and give you some tips that may help you out:-

As I said, I didn't know when I first started playing that you could actually lock onto targets with Bazooka/Rocket Launcher/Warhawk - if you don't know this load up your bazooka and hold down R1 (Think its R1 or what ever the fire button is) when a plane is in your sights. It will make a noise (remember your holding the button down before letting go - this is where I went wrong at the start) and the noise will get high pitched instead of little blips - let go and instead of the rocket shooting off and missing it will home in on them and get them.

The Knife - normally in games the humble knife is for when you have no more ammo - Do not under estimate the knife in this though because one good slash at the enemy can kill them where as sometimes two clips of a machine gun doesn't

The Flame Thrower - For me the best weapon in the game. It can take out a tank quicker than a rocket and even if you do get blown away remember you may have set the tank on fire which will blow up anyway. I have even taken a Warhawk down with it.

Warhawk - Remember above where I spoke of the homing rockets, well, your not going to out run them ever - I have tried. What you need to do is out manover them. R2 makes your warhawk slightly faster (if your dumb like I was too you will have spent your first couple of game hovering around and not knowing why everyone else is flying round you - if so, use triangle) With R2 pressed try and get in behind walls and at the same time spin the warhawk up and down and around as they sometimes just fly straight passed.

The sniper rifle - ignore it. Everyone runs around like headless chickens most of the time (this is a good thing, play this then stick Rainbow 6 on after it and try and get back into it - it seems like the slowest game in the world) so its hard to target them.

On the ground most of the weapons will auto lock on if you catch the enemy right so just keep fire held and keep them in your sights.

Rack up your points by heading to the nearest zone and claiming it yourself (just stand by it) it gives you more points sometimes than a kill

I am no hero at it by any means however once the above is picked up the game does become more enjoyable and the best thing about any game is the "ok, one last game" sentence :tu:

I could just sound really patronising with the above of course and you could probably kick my bottom at it :rolleyes:

That is surprising, as I would have thought a great way to steal a bit of FIFA's thunder on launch day would be to launch the demo of PES...

But what do I know?!

Over two hours til Blockbuster opens so I may open my own room on Warhawk and practice while I download the demo's and wait for FIFA...

Over two hours til Blockbuster opens so I may open my own room on Warhawk and practice while I download the demo's and wait for FIFA...

You sure you can download demos while playing warhawk? Would have thought all the bandwidth would have been used up

:lol:

My downloading seemed fine. Watched the video of Jericho. Looks exactly like a hundred and one other games coming out. WHERE IS THE ORIGINALITY SONY? And while I am at it, WHERE IS SINGSTAR??? Been waiting since launch day and it just keeps going further and further away...

:lol:

My downloading seemed fine. Watched the video of Jericho. Looks exactly like a hundred and one other games coming out. WHERE IS THE ORIGINALITY SONY? And while I am at it, WHERE IS SINGSTAR??? Been waiting since launch day and it just keeps going further and further away...

Played Jericho tonight (downloaded from the US store) thought it was ok but as you say, looks like loads of other games that are out. Its nothing spacial at all

Seconded. It is a sad reflection on the state of next gen gaming when Fifa is the most original release for months... And that's only because there are no other football games on PS3...

Bring out Home, Singstar and some game where I can win something online please, Sony.

Seconded. It is a sad reflection on the state of next gen gaming when Fifa is the most original release for months... And that's only because there are no other football games on PS3...

Bring out Home, Singstar and some game where I can win something online please, Sony.

And even so, Fifa is not the next gen game (graphically) that I was looking forward too.

What is it with you and singstar (maybe your still on the rebound from Oblivion) - Before Jack came along I bet you were down the kareoke every friday night with the Jap tourists :lol:

US store has been updated with the Simpsons demo - not expecting anything speacial though

I had most of them on PS2 and I was well impressed when I was told songs on the new one would be unlocked by the old discs. Then the news comes that this isn't the case so I offload them for £20 which is a steal. Now I am told the old discs wold allow the songs to be played off them. I am so annoyed with Sony - poor communication, no preice reductions for the UK and an online store that makes the Rovers Store look like the proverbial sweet shop.

I don't think I will ever get over Oblivion... ;)

And now Sony have cut the price - £349 with an extra Sixaxis and two games.

Also a lesser spec version with no backwards compatability, only 40Gb and no card reader at £299. Surely not worth the £50 saving?

Yes but all along people bang on about how much the ps3 costs when you compare it to the xbox however, if you buy the cheaper xbox you then need to spend more on all of the extras which make it just as costly as the ps3

If I had the choice though I would have bought a cheaper one without the card reader because I dont use it.

They are phasing out the 60 gig model with all the bells and whistles on apparently and will go with the stripped down 40 gig version only.

And now Sony have cut the price - £349 with an extra Sixaxis and two games.

Also a lesser spec version with no backwards compatability, only 40Gb and no card reader at £299. Surely not worth the £50 saving?

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't pay an extra 50 just for some extra hard drive space (which I doubt most people get anywhere near to) and backwards capability now that there are a decent number of games out for it. Save the 50 and you could get a game or two instead.

Archived