BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Playstation 3

are you boys still online friday night? not 100% sure yet what i am doing but may be available for a bash on resistance after 7.30 ish?

maybe it will show me if i really am that crap- anytime i go online at the moment i seem to be coming in the bottom 3/4 of every after game rankings :angry::rover:

I wont know until Friday but if I switch on and everyone is on I will come and find thy and pop a cap in you B)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Find the patent application.

See that any published patent design doc takes several years to appear on the uspto.gov site.

Realise this is an application from many years ago.

Ignore. Frickin' internet :)

Did it. And wow.

I played for an hour an basically just walked around. I am stunned. The only word I can think to sum up my experience so ar is 'epic'...

Are you still enjoying this? I had it in my hands today because of all the hype but put it back because I just didnt feel like it was my cup of T. It looks like when you are fighting people that you dont even hit them sometimes and looks like it could get very boring - I admit it does look very nice.

Are you still enjoying this? I had it in my hands today because of all the hype but put it back because I just didnt feel like it was my cup of T. It looks like when you are fighting people that you dont even hit them sometimes and looks like it could get very boring - I admit it does look very nice.

I have it on the 360. At first the sheer scale of the game impressed me, as did the visuals. Exploring the world and finding new quests, especially the Dark Brotherhood quest line, was the best part of the game.

Eventually however the game becomes very "samey" with many of the new locations you discover being near carbon copies of a location you discovered earlier on. There's not a great deal of enemy character models either meaning you'll soon get tired of fighting the same things over and over. Also while on the subject of "samey", you'll soon get bored of only about 4 different voice actors voicing about 1000 characters.

Eventually however the game becomes very "samey" with many of the new locations you discover being near carbon copies of a location you discovered earlier on. There's not a great deal of enemy character models either meaning you'll soon get tired of fighting the same things over and over. Also while on the subject of "samey", you'll soon get bored of only about 4 different voice actors voicing about 1000 characters.

Thanks for this. I was afraid that if I bought this that this is what I would find. Absolutly gutted though. Stood in HMV with £50 in my pocket ready to buy a game and there still isnt one that I want. Roll on the end of the year when I will be selling my left leg to try and scrape enough money together for the new games that are comming out.

For now though I will put PS2 pro evo back in - sigh

Stood in HMV with £50 in my pocket ready to buy a game and there still isnt one that I want.

I still can't quite understand why anyone would fork out £50 in Game, HMV or Virgin when they can be got for £10 cheaper online. Even ADSA and Tesco are cheaper.

I still can't quite understand why anyone would fork out £50 in Game, HMV or Virgin when they can be got for £10 cheaper online. Even ADSA and Tesco are cheaper.

Well the thing is when you have a sat night in, Play, Asda, Tesco cant get it to you if you order it that afternoon :P

But I know what your point is. Normally ALL my purchases are made from Play (accept if I have vouchers for somewhere else)

Just downloaded Go Puzzel from the shop. Only the demo mind cos I can get stuff like this on miniclip. Its about time they got this stuff sorted out because I expected to see more demo's for games and not poor mini games that have been round on the internet for ages.

I can't believe the fury surrounding Resistance: Fall of Man...

Get a life dogooders and try experiencing that part of the game in the context it was meant.

And the argument 'they wouldn't have used a mosque' is laughable seeing as the game is set in the 50s.

Would it not be better to argue about the fact the developers don't seem to know where Manchester actually is on the map, placing it far too near the coast?

I can't believe the fury surrounding Resistance: Fall of Man...

Get a life dogooders and try experiencing that part of the game in the context it was meant.

And the argument 'they wouldn't have used a mosque' is laughable seeing as the game is set in the 50s.

Would it not be better to argue about the fact the developers don't seem to know where Manchester actually is on the map, placing it far too near the coast?

My argument about all this is why dont they sue film companies that film in churches then?

Anyway, I bet Sony couldnt have asked for better publicity

My argument about all this is why dont they sue film companies that film in churches then?

Film companies do have to get permission, they can't just storm in an film. This was evident most recently with the Da Vinci Code where Westminster Abbey denied access so they filmed these scenes at Winchester Cathedral and Lincoln Cathedral instead.

Film companies do have to get permission, they can't just storm in an film. This was evident most recently with the Da Vinci Code where Westminster Abbey denied access so they filmed these scenes at Winchester Cathedral and Lincoln Cathedral instead.

Ahh I see. So the Resistance makers just went ahead and did it then? Cheeky :lol:

However, as I understand it, the graphics in Resistance are not counted as photo-realistic, which is where the copyright issue comes in - is it copyright theft by law to make a virtual representation of a building. My money is on no, seeing as there are very few laws relating to the digital age...

However, as I understand it, the graphics in Resistance are not counted as photo-realistic, which is where the copyright issue comes in - is it copyright theft by law to make a virtual representation of a building. My money is on no, seeing as there are very few laws relating to the digital age...

On another note. You get to play Spiderman 3 on sunday dont you after all this time - thats if you can put Oblivion down :rolleyes:

:lol: Yeah - at last!

I thought you and Kamy might have noticed on the buddies list I am always on Oblivion! I notice you both logging on and off when I play. It is fair to say I am captivated - it is a truly engrossing game despite its weaknesses.

Looking forward to playing spiderman too. Even if it is basically the same as the last game I will be more than happy.

One of my mates brought Virtua Tennis 3 round the other night and we had a beer fueled four player game which was absolutely awesome!

Have the new maps arrived for Resistance?

:lol: Yeah - at last!

I thought you and Kamy might have noticed on the buddies list I am always on Oblivion! I notice you both logging on and off when I play. It is fair to say I am captivated - it is a truly engrossing game despite its weaknesses.

Looking forward to playing spiderman too. Even if it is basically the same as the last game I will be more than happy.

One of my mates brought Virtua Tennis 3 round the other night and we had a beer fueled four player game which was absolutely awesome!

Have the new maps arrived for Resistance?

Ha Ha :lol: Yeah, every time I log on (or before I log off) I always notice you on Oblivion. I still play Pro Evo quite a bit which is why it may show me jumping in and out - cos I dont know if it shows the PS2 games up?

I still play virtua tennis but its been getting a bit boring. I only bought it really to tyed me over until a new footy game comes out. Suspect I may trade it in at some point when a newer game comes out - whenever that may be.

And the maps - no not yet for Resistance or Motorstorm though there is a new download out soon to make the Tekken game playable online if you have it.

Also - click

EDIT: The new time attack mode for Motorstorm is available to download today. The shop has been updated to but nothing to get excited about

Click

I would pay money like the xbox users to actually go online and play other people however, there is no way I would pay to use the online shop - its awful. There arnt that many games on there for a start. And at the moment the majority of things on there are trailers. I cant see why these are up there because they are just wasting space - you would be better off looking at the trailers on gamespot/gametrailers because its quicker and you get more of them

Not that I have but just a heads up that NO ONE should be paying any cash for those two games last week - joust and rampart - two awful games that should not be aloud on there - I just cant see the point at all

Archived