BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Playstation 3

Should add security measures like what they have for battlefield on pc where you can only join a game server if you have same version.

Even if you have a more up to date version you still cannot join a lower version server and same for above.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone got God of war 2 yet? It had best be waiting when i get home.

Well, it should be because mine is here :P (speacial edition at that - not that its really needed)

Dont think I will get chance to play it tonight because I have to go out but will have a report as soon as

Guest Kamy100

Cocker, just register another account on your PS3 with a random US address, then when you log in with that account you will get access to the US Playstation Store and you can download all the stuff on there, including Ninja Garden!!

Its not out to download yet but I have seen the vids for it and it does look good. Is it like Devil May Cry???

Yes I suppose in a way it is like Devil May Cry/Onimusha with it's stylized violence, combos and camera angles. Sigma is supposed to expand on the Ninja Gaiden game for the original Xbox in terms of levels, graphics and weapons. However the demo uses the exact same levels from the Xbox game. Doesn't matter though, it looks way better and it's way fun to Ginsu the bad guys.

Oh yeah and one more thing. If you're interested also create a Japanese account to play the Hot Shots Golf Demo as well. I mean you might as well take advantage of creating a European/North American and Japanese accounts.

Cocker, just register another account on your PS3 with a random US address, then when you log in with that account you will get access to the US Playstation Store and you can download all the stuff on there, including Ninja Garden!!

Really :blink: Your a superstar if this is true. I will have to try this.

:tu:

Or try this address:

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, DC 20500

Keep in mind you are only using a foreign address to access it's Playstation Store, but you cannot purchase any items from it. So don't worry the Secret Service isn't going to bust down your door.....just the C.I.A.

Been playing the demo of Virtua Tennis 3 to death - it's great fun!

Getting bored of Motorstorm too. If anyone out there wants to swap, let me know!

Yeah, the full game is pretty good too - just a shame you cant go online with it (360 fan boys ears suddenly prick up)

Hang onto Mororstorm. I am sure I heard somewhere that they would make extra tracks for download (this was quite a while ago though - before the PS3 was even out)

Guest Kamy100

Hang onto Motorstorm as there is going to be a huge FREE download later this month, it will include extra track and also new gameplay modes, there is also going to be a similar download for resistance.

Hang onto Motorstorm as there is going to be a huge FREE download later this month, it will include extra track and also new gameplay modes, there is also going to be a similar download for resistance.

Brilliant stuff. Cant wait :tu:

I havent been bothered to sign up as an American or Chinese gamer to get onto their shops so does anyone know when the UK shop will be updated. I have a look every Thursday and nothing new seems to come in?

Can't hold it in any longer - Playstation Store sucks ass.

I check every day for new additions. The tennis demo was added ages ago and nothing good since. I wasn't expecting Amazon, exactly, but I thought that Sony would have made sure there was plenty more to download then this.

Ah well, at least it's free...

Guest Kamy100

This is where Sony have really messed up. The US store has loadsa cool stuff but the European store has nowt, I would suggest that you register another account with a US address so that you can get access to that store, they released the Cars demo today which awesome.

Brilliant. Just got Ninja Gaiden, NBA 2K7, Baseball and Def Jam all coming down. Was tempted to buy calling all cars but felt like I was doing something wrong so didnt want to start messing around with cards and whatnot :ph34r:

Glad I can test NBA 2k7. Its going for £17 on play so will have a look and may pick it up if its ok. Ninja Gaiden will be the interesting one

EDIT: Have now played:-

NBA - I dont like this at all. I thought this was meant to be a great game but I cant see it at all.

Baseball - another American sport that I dont really like and I dont really like the game however, I have just lost 45 mins playing it

Ninja Gaiden - I was most looking forward to playing this but have to say I am again dissapointed. The camera is all over the place at times and it seems to be just another button basher. I would have bought this before playing it aswell

Def Jam and Flatout coming down at the mo - hopefully these will be better

FURTHER EDIT:

Def Jam came down but when I tried to load it I received the message - data corrupted - any one else have this problem?

Also, I am not doing very well here. Didnt like Flatout one little bit. Burnout on the PS2 looked better than it.

Guest Kamy100

Leaked PS3 Firmware v 2.00 Update Details

Users

You can now password-protect user accounts.

Settings

[Dynamic Normalizer] has been added as an option under [sound Settings].

[Energy Saver] has been added as an option.

[Equalizer] has been added as a feature under [Music Settings].

[Full] has been added as an option for [DVD Wide Display] under [bD / DVD Settings].

[Photo Settings] has been added as an option.

[PS / PS2 Settings] has been added as an option.

[RSS Channel Settings] has been added as an option.

[sample Rate] has been added to [Audio CD Import] under [Music Settings].

[screen Saver] has been expanded under [Display Settings].

The method of selecting an output resolution has been changed in [Video Output Settings] under [Display Settings].

[Theme Settings] has been added as an option.

[Zero Unused Disk Space] has been added as an option under [system Settings] > [Format Utility].

Photo

Additional slideshow effects have been added.

[Photo Effects] have been added as a feature.

Wallpaper feature has been added.

[Zoom] has been added as a feature.

Music

Additional visualization effects have been added.

CD information can now be entered.

Three-speed fast forward and fast reverse has been added as a feature.

Video

Files can now be played sequentially.

Three-speed fast forward and fast reverse has been added as a feature.

You can now select [Zoom] under [screen Mode] when playing video files saved on the hard disk or storage media.*.

*An appropriate USB adapter (not included) is required to use storage media with some models.

Game

Support for PLAYSTATION®3 format software titles has been expanded.

XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) is now accessible during gameplay.

Network

[RSS Channel] has been added as a feature.

Friends

You can now have multiple chat sessions.

You can now select an image to use as your Avatar from [Photo].

Other

Date and Time is now shown when the PS button is pressed.

File sorting has been changed.

[Help] has been added as a feature.

Playability status with the PS3™ system has changed for some PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 format titles.

To check on the latest status, visit the search site for compatible titles.

[secure Delete] has been added as an option.

Some PLAYSTATION®Network features have been revised.

source: http://www.psu.com/node/10962

big thing here of course is XMB access in game.

cant wait for this.

This is excellent news. XMB in game, wallpaper and more screensavers/visualisations particularly.

What I would like Sony to ensure is that Fifa 07 online is supported (can't afford to get Pro Evo unfortunately), and to provide support for playing avi/divx and xvid video - this is particularly annoying at the moment.

Cocker, glad you told me about those games, I don't think I will bother with a US account now. I will just wait for Sony to get round to the UK (as usual).

Archived