BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Playstation 3

Cheers for that mate, looks a bit complicated but have to say judging by that it is going to be awesome.

I remember the first Metal Gear playstation (cant remember to be honest if it was Playstation 1 or 2) but when I saw the clips I thought - I cant be bothered with all that. Then one day I was in the shop looking for a game to pick up and it was down to £10. As it turned out it was one of the best games i could have picked up for £10 and I hope this one will be excellent too (although it wont be £10 :rolleyes: )

I really hope Sony keep this one at home a mist all the rumors that the 360 are getting their mitts on it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's something I never understand about gamers. Does it really spoil anyone's enjoyment to know that some people might be playing the same game with a different-coloured controller?

Anyway, the Metal Gear Solid games usually come out on more than one console because they're so expensive to make, Konami needs to sell them to the widest possible audience. Exclusivity is insane when you're talking about something that probably costs upwards of $50m to produce. It would be deliberately excluding half their potential market.

That's something I never understand about gamers. Does it really spoil anyone's enjoyment to know that some people might be playing the same game with a different-coloured controller?

Well, I dont mind games being on both machines but at the moment it seems the 360 are getting all of the exlusives and game rights (which I already said) and us with our PS3's dont have much.

I really just want more people to buy the PS3 so they they make more games for it.

I still stand by my statement that this is the best console out there - we just need the games for it now - like metal gear

What we all really need is just one major console format. That way nobody would have to see a great game that they can't play unless they spend a few hundred on another box to go under the TV, and games developers wouldn't have to gamble on which format to write for. I bet if Konami had known how long it was going to take for PS3 to build momentum, they would have made MGS4 multi-format from the beginning. Their accountants must be bricking it right now.

They wouldn't put up this problem in the movie industry. Imagine if Spider-Man DVDs only played on Sony TVs...

What about Blue-ray and HD DVD... :unsure:

When there are rival formats like that, studios can easily back both until a clear winner emerges. The cost involved in pressing the same content to two different video disc formats is nothing like the cost of making a game written for one console work smoothly on a different one. It can take months of labour.

Downloaded the Heavenly Sword demo yesterday. Its very pretty and I expected God of War for the PS3 but sadley even though it seems to go through all of the same motions it just felt like something was missing - I cant put my finger on what though.

Anyone picked it up? What do you reckon?

Ghost Recon Demo now in the store for download (Holds breath and waits for the 360 boys to rip my head off)

EDIT: Downloaded this and dont know what all the hype was about. Much prefer Rainbow 6 (which I am loving playing online)

Guest Kamy100

After a couple of good weeks of PSN updates with demos each week, it was back to the usual claptrap yesterday, this sums up the situation at the moment:

20070727.jpg

After a couple of good weeks of PSN updates with demos each week, it was back to the usual claptrap yesterday, this sums up the situation at the moment:

20070727.jpg

Yeah I saw this. Made me angry at first but its very true - at the moment

Guest Kamy100

LOL that is what I feel like, but this time I can say there are some great games coming:

Ghost Recon 2 - 24/08/2007

Heavenly Sword - 14/09/2007

Warhawk - 14/09/2007

Colin Macrae Dirt - 14/09/2007

PES2008 - 26/10/2007

Call Of Duty 4 - 09/11/2004

Assassins Creed - 30/11/2007

Haze - 30/11/2007

Lair - 30/11/2007

Uncharted: Drake Fortune - 30/11/2007

To be fair, I've fealt exactly the same for the past few months with the 360. At least we got Track and Field on Xbox live the other day. Kept me entertained for 10 minutes until it wanted me to pay £4.50 for it.

I havent been following the 360 stuff for a while so I was shocked that you thought you were in the same boat as us PS3 owners. Just hopped over to play for a look and your right. Bioshock seems like the only decent effort to be coming out.

Next GEN eh <_<

Hey its the summer, nothing great comes out at this time of year. We're getting closer to holiday season now so things are going to get insane soon enough. You'll be complaining that all the great titles are coming out at the same time, your wallet won't be able to take it!

Just a quick PS3 question...is it zone free? Can you play US or Japanese imports on it?

Thanks Cocker was thinking of downloading it tonight so you saved me a couple of hours!!

To be fair, its not to say someone else wont like it so download away and give a 2nd opinion in case I am wrong (it has been known)

Too much reading for my liking.

Do it soon though cos I heard it will be removed by the end of the month

Archived