BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Playstation 3

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lair and Folklore only £15 each at amazon!

There is a reason that Folklaw is £15 - be warned (unless you download the demo and see for yourself)

Lair is the interesting one for me. We were promised great things about it however, it seems that it could just turn out to be a very repetative game and the 'first proper game' to use the sinaxis seems to again make things no better when using it (from what I have read and seen) Cant wait to have a play myslelf though and see if hopefully it will blow me away.

On another note, you will be pleased with me as I went and bought Oblivion today. I took a look at some of my games and thought that the trade in price is going to start to go down when this new bunch of games come out so:-

Virtua Tennis was traded in because there is no way I will pick it up again once I get my mitts on Fifa and Pro Evo. Got £25 which I considered very good. Had a voucher that got Oblivion - which I will be able to keep coming back to so should get the monies worth from it.

Sold Resistance to a mate to dor £30 - havent picked it up since I finished it and loving Rainbow 6 online anyway.

Still have Fight Night and Motorstorm too.

Was shocked in game though. They had games brand new like Oblivion for £50 and had them on Preowned sale for £46. Also games that were £44.99 they had for £42.99 - BUT, they would give you £20 for them.

They must be raking it in.

Why games like Transformers/Spiderman havent come down in price is a mystery. I would be tempted to pick them up if they were about £20.

Thats another thing I am jealous of the 360 owners for. U see gamestation have games like Gears of War/Lost Planet in the 2 for £40 - I would love these for the PS3 AND that cheap.

Yes, up to 5 people can "share" a game. Seems Sony turned a blind eye to this, except for the new Warhawk download which can't be gameshared.

How do you do it then? I went onto to try and send calling all cars to a mate and couldnt see how to send it?

Firstly, hope you are enjoying Oblivion - I have just got to the point where I have had enough play out of it, which isn't bad longevity, really.

Secondly, I reckon it is worth buying Folklore and Lair at a total of £30 as I reckon you would get more back from it at Game as a trade in.

Finally, I think to gameshare, you would have to go to your mates, log in using your details and download the game from your account history, but not sure to be honest!

Firstly, hope you are enjoying Oblivion - I have just got to the point where I have had enough play out of it, which isn't bad longevity, really.

Secondly, I reckon it is worth buying Folklore and Lair at a total of £30 as I reckon you would get more back from it at Game as a trade in.

Finally, I think to gameshare, you would have to go to your mates, log in using your details and download the game from your account history, but not sure to be honest!

Ah you could be correct about the game share - might give it a try

Oblivion, I mentioned to my mate who I play Rainbow 6 with that I wouldn't be playing Rainbow 6 with him as I was going to have a look at Oblivion. He asked me the next day how I got on to which I explained that I spend about 20mins running in and out of water looking at the ripples. Then I spent about another 30mins wandering round on a horse looking at grass, trees and leaves and watching night turn to day. He couldnt understand why and neither could I really. It felt kind of like what I used to do on Grand Theft Auto a bit - just off for a look around and before you know it an hour has gone and you haven't done anything.

The Game, I have never been really one for the mixing of magic and wandering round reading scrolls so I have kind of ignored all that, made myself a knight/warrior and just equipped the sword (I guess I might need to know about the other things later on) At the moment I have just closed the 1st oblivion gate however, I have been finding quite a bit that its easy to get lost and not know where to go next to follow the main story. I spent about 15 mins trying to catch fish for a bloke and in the end got fed up and when I went back to see him he was moaning about the fish again so I stabbed him and it said that I had put an end to that side mission cos I stabbed him. Same with some evil looking bloke in the castle, said he wanted me to go and kill someone and join their evil gang so I stabbed him and now I cant go back to that.

I think I may get fed up with this very quickly because I dont have the patience to play it every night and when I come back will forget where I am up too.

It is beautiful though

Tiger Woods and Nascar are up on the US store (there are other games to buy but I will only buy from the UK one - besides its only Puzzle Fighter and a Tekken update)

EDIT: Nascar is the WORST PS3 game I have seen so far. Remember Daytona on the Sega Saturn? Yes, well that wiped the floor with this.

Tiger Woods seems the same apart from they have put people on the corse to hit

EDIT (2) For those that are playing Warhawk - HELP! I cant remember the last time that I was so bad at a game. I suppose the controls arnt helping me at the moment either - for some reason the instructions are just off the corner of the screen - all of the other PS3 games are spot on but this seems a bit lob sided - anyone else having this problem?

Only got as far as Downloading the Stranglehold game and an NBA one - wont get chance to play for a week and a half because I am going away so report to follow later - unless someone puts their views up first.

Has anyone downloaded the Motorstorm add on? Just wondering exactly what you get because on the US shop you can download four new vehicles and an extra track and I am not sure you get all this on our one.

EDIT: Got chance to play both Demo's last night.

Stranglehold - well done to the makers of this for proving that a PS2 game can run on a PS3 - well impressed - not

NBA - I suspect this will be a great game - if you like basketball - not for me

Played Dirt, not impressed.

Shame as it looks like a good game but it wants to be Motorstorm and the controls are ill conceived.

If the game had more obvious controls and dropped the patronising guy who introduces each option at the main screen it would probably have been quite good.

Shame.

Anyway - no Rugby games yet for PS3? At least I have a bit of money set aside for Fifa or Pro Evo as long as one of them actually comes out on time. Singstar has been pushed back and back each time it gets close to the launch date.

Beginning to get a little annoyed with the next generation of consoles - little imagination for upcoming titles, not many games worth the asking price and barely any decent sport games. :angry:

Cocker has, but I haven't got it yet. I like the look of it and I will get it when I can afford to.

Today is good for demo's - Fifa, Harry Potter and NBA.

NBA seems hard, Harry Potter is more fun than I was expecting (awaits mickey taking), and FIFA is pretty good.

I hope FIFA is a bit faster to be honest as it feels a little sluggish. Graphically it is very good and it plays more like Pro Evo as far as controls are concerned (shoot is still O though). It sounds fantastic in surround sound. In fact it is the sound that gave me my favourite moment - mid play an announcement comes over the tannoy "If anyone in the crowd has lost a set of house keys, please inform the nearest steward"...

I now await a Pro Evo demo!

Another great FIFA moment from FIFA 07 for the 360, "would you marry me? She said yes"

THIS IS WHILST THE GAMES GOING ON!!! Never been able to catch any names but made me chuckle!

Going to do what I did last year, rent Pro Evo and FIFA 08 from Blockbuster, play for a night on each, then which ever one I prefer get Father Christmas to bring it me December 25th (which is only 98 Days away!)

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Sep 12 2007, 17:40 ) 546115[/snapback]
Anybody played warhawk yet ?

Looks good.

Wolverine Posted Sep 16 2007, 16:32

Cocker has, but I haven't got it yet.

Yup, think I have already had my usual rant about it a few pages back but everyone with a ps3 should download it:-

£20 - nice price

Good Team Play

Some Nice Graphics

There is nothing more satisfying than when you look at your rocket flying off to smash into someone else - I have been killed for watching this a few times but cant help it

Just got back from holls - so pleased to see the fifa demo and have it downloading now.

Ok, some more Demos from the Yank store:-

Tony Hawk - I used to love playing this (though I dont know why because in no way do I really like skate boarding) Its has really started to become a right ball ache if you ask me. All the talking and trying to be cool gets right on my nerves. You used to be able to fly round a map pulling of tricks easy and it made it arcade fun however, with all the controls you just cant do this anymore. Example, it has just taught me to go fast - to do this in the past you would hold x. Now, you hold x but when his leg out stretches every time you press R2 (I think it was R2 anyway) if you miss a beat he slows again. When you did a jump in the past it was again x then x to jump then do your trick. You can still do this but now if you do that then press L3 and R3 you can then go to close up and do a load more tricks with both analogue and other buttons - I just cant be arsed with it anymore - still worth a download though.

NHL still coming down

Harry Potter - I guess this is for the younger gamer - fair play, they will probably like it but not for me

There is one on the US store called Racers - really quite awful even for a cheap download game - top down view of little cars going round a track

For those who have been reading these posts that I have been sticking up about the games dont worry, when I read them back I too would think what a moaning git I am. There are good games on the way I know it

Over on the US store this week we have Skate,Sega Rally and Stuntman.

They seem to be taking forever to download though.

Might pick up Loco Roco (or whatever its called - cant seem to get the songs out of my head)

EDIT:

Skate: Seems like you are closer to the action than Tony Hawk. The right stick controls how you jump and do tricks. Think this could be a good game for people wanting a break from Tony Hawk - not one I will pick up though

Sega Rally: Wanting something more arcadey/faster paced than Dirt - then get this. I'll stick with Motorstorm though

Stuntman - annoying. Very annoying. wont be picking this up

Loco Roco - One of the strangest games I have ever played. Not really sure whats going on or even if I really have any control over the little imps at the mo but could listen to them sing all day (well, I have to because its stuck in my head) Cant really argure for £2 - worth a look

Archived