BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Playstation 3

You all have a point. Now that Fifa is out, I don't bother with the (frankly dire anyway) backwards compatability.

And losing the card reader is no bad thing seeing as how you can but one seperately should you wish to.

Even a lesser hard drive is nothing much because surely you could upgrade that yourself should the need arise.

In short, I was wrong, it isn't worth the extra £50 after all!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, played Rachet and Clank and Conan

Rachet and Clank - if your looking for a platformer/hack and slash then this is for you. I played the first level of the full game and enjoyed it. The game might get a but repetative as it goes on though but for those that like this kind of thing this is for you

Conan - for those that still want to play a ps1 game (yes, ps1) and you dont want to download it from the shop for £5 but you would rather pay £50 then this is the game for you - this is not why you buy a PS3 - Shame on them for making it

Store

[game] CTR: Crash Team Racing

[game] Everybody's Golf 2

[game] Syphon Filter 3

[demo] DW: Gundam

Uncharted - The Inspiration

Alien Versus Predator Blu-Ray

still no PES08 demo

(I havent checked these myself yet either)

Yet another poor crop from the PSN. Syphon Filter was good at the time but I didn't pay nearly half a grand to play old games. Lost Planet coming over to PS3 is superb news though. I am quite surprised there still are so many exclusive titles given the abundance of money these games would make. How much must Sony/Microsoft pay to have these exclusives?

When you download demos I assume they go to your HD, so do you delete them when you need more room or...?

Correct. They download to your HD. I have deleted them when I have finished with them however, your going to have a long way to go before you fill it up.

Not getting the PS3 until Christmas :(

Just following the news so when I finally get it I will know what is good and what is crap.

Anyway, once you have played your PES give it a try and I might get it if it is decent :tu:

I see. Will let you know my findings anyway

Ok, played a couple more demos:-

Timeshift: Hmm, cant make my mind up about this at the moment. I mean it looks nice enough but it can become a bit confusing when you are under the cosh and you are pausing/rewinding/slowing time (which it seems to want you to do to reach your goal) At the moment I am finding it a bit hard to see what I am meant to be doing really. You are meant to open your time option by pressing L1 then you need to hold either circle/square or triangle to do the time stuff however, while holding these you also have to shoot using either R2 or L2 whilst obviously walking aroung with the left stick and zooming in with R3 - as you can tell, you can get into a muddle. I do want to try and get to grips with it though because it does look interesting - will try and get better with the controls and then judge however, with call of duty 4 and Haze coming I cant see this being picked up anytime soon

Need for Speed: First off, I dont really like car games so maybe not the best person to comment but I will give it a go. You get two different types of race on the demo. One you race through checkpoints and it adds your fastest time when you go through the checkpoint - fastest at the end wins. You are racing through a desert type track and it looks quite like its been taken with a camera. Not so impressed with the actual car though. The second is just a normal race round a normal track. Its very easy to pick up and play and I think those who like car games should give this a look.

As said (in a post above) both are available to download now from the US store

Ok, completed the Timeshift demo and it did improve the more I played it but there is no way that I will buy it over COD4 or Haze (to be fair, I haven't played the later yet so I guess that could change but I think we know it wont)

The time idea does sound cool at the start but the more I used it the more I started to get annoyed by it. Some bits seam like you must use the time stop/slow to get through a certain bit but also you dont even have to choose one of them because just pressing the L1 button will choose the best one for you - you start to gamble on it rather than your own ability to do a certain section

Some people will love this though and I really think everyone should have a blast on the demo

Archived