BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Playstation 3

Got my PS3 today, hooked it up with the normal wire (red/white/yellow) and set it all up, thinking it was pretty impressive but not breathtaking. Switched to the HDMI wire and I am speechless.

If you don't have use HDMI wires now and have access to a HD TV, get it hooked up now the difference is immense.

Been playing R:FoM and Motorstorm all day, will be downloading the Kane and Lynch demo amongst others.

Very impressed.

I am so jealous of people with the HD TV's. Would love to join you but the funds dont allow :(

ah Posted Today, 10:39

Cocker, tried your suggestion but it did not alter anything. Been on to Sony careline and they asked me to do the same thing. I told them I had already done this and as you said replacement console being sent on Friday. Thanks for the help and advice, ah

Glad to hear your sorted. Hopefully you will get your new one soon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prices are flying down at the moment, especially with Christmas being over. Mine is 1080p (highest) so this sort of quality was expected but unless you have a 50"+ size TV, you only need to get 720 or 1080i, which tend to be cheaper than 1080p.

Really pleased :)

Tried the NFS: PS demo and deleted it, it was far too easy. Finished in first place with the person nearest to me 23 seconds behind, and I hadn't raced especially well either.

Do you guys/girls use themes? I've been looking for a Rovers one (:)) but no luck. Using this one at the moment.

EDIT: Cocker, I have added you by the way, it says pending so I guess that will change when you add me (or block me :lol:)

yea iv got the killzone one which i downloaded from the PS store, hopefully there might be some demos out tomorrow after last weeks shocker of an "update", looking forward to burnout coming out, the demo is quality, managed to finally pick up call of duty 4 as well for £25 from gamestation, bargain!

Prices are flying down at the moment, especially with Christmas being over. Mine is 1080p (highest) so this sort of quality was expected but unless you have a 50"+ size TV, you only need to get 720 or 1080i, which tend to be cheaper than 1080p.

Really pleased :)

Tried the NFS: PS demo and deleted it, it was far too easy. Finished in first place with the person nearest to me 23 seconds behind, and I hadn't raced especially well either.

Do you guys/girls use themes? I've been looking for a Rovers one (:)) but no luck. Using this one at the moment.

EDIT: Cocker, I have added you by the way, it says pending so I guess that will change when you add me (or block me :lol:)

Also remember to goto settings and display and change the setting from limited to full. Also remember that not all games run at 1080p (it will say on the back of the box the ones that do)

I havent been on for a couple of days so will accept the request the next time I go in.

Also remember to goto settings and display and change the setting from limited to full. Also remember that not all games run at 1080p (it will say on the back of the box the ones that do)

First thing I did.

It tells you exactly what your maximum capabilities are when you press the HDMI wire button, mine popped up in a bright "1080p enabled" white shining text :P

Downloaded a few demos, Skate is hard to get the hang of. Motorstorm is good, apart from the Coyote map which you need to race with big rigs - it is just impossible :(

• 2 weeks later...

Yet again another bad week for the PS Store :( When will the start to look after us

I can't see what their problem is. Each week now we all look forward to an update and we havent got one - again.

I couldnt give a stuff about trailers because I can watch that on my pc - quicker too.

But surly we could have some demo's or better ps1 games.

With games getting delayed all the time and a wallet full of vouchers because there are no games to spend them on I am starting to look at the 360 even though I never wanted to turn to the dark side.

At the end of the day I want to play games and this isnt good enough after dropping £450

GET IT SORTED SONY :angry2:

Join us...join us...

No shortages of games on this side of this fence.

I know. I honestly beleive that in the end PS3 will win out - no question however, I want to play games now. I have money to buy games. I want to download demo's to play now and not in a year from now. I look forward to a game coming out and as the date comes up BANG they stick back by another 3 months.

Sadly I can not afford both so if I did turn the ps3 would have to go - I dont think I could bring myself to do it though

For now I have to keep the faith (though check back in March/April and if they still havent brought a decent game out I get a 360

I know exactly what you mean cocker, I went into game today to see if there was anything I would trade my Assassins Creed in for but there wasn't really any game I wanted to buy. I think the games out at the moment would be better rented then bought e.g MOHAA, Uncharted etc

Guest Kamy100

I know what you mean but purchasing a 360 in not the answer in my opinion. The 360 does have a decent back catalouge but as for 2008 there is at the moment nothing exclusive announced that looks good to me, whereas PS3 will be getting Final Fantasy and MGS to name a few. Keep the faith there are some good titles coming out in February and March (Devil May Cry 4 and GTA).

I half agree with this Kamy and in all honesty I have stuck up for our little machine from day 1 however, when I look at my games collection and I have finished them all - then I goto get a new one and there isnt anything - then I look at whats coming - wait till that date and it dosent come - its started to get to me.

Then I look at what the xbox has that could keep me going and then also most of the stuff is also coming out on both machines anyway.

The update thing is just hitting another nail in the coffin.

The faith is here but its faiding.

Guest Kamy100

I see what you are saying, and there is no doubt that at the moment the 360 has a large Games Collection. Agree that lots of the stuff coming out is multi platform, but for me the PS3 exclusive titles such as MGS4, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Final Fantasy and God Of War are enough to want me to keep the machine, but agree it is going to take at least another 12 months.

Also I have been keeping an eye on The Agency which is being developed for the PS3, some new footage released today and it deffo is an interesting concept:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4932.html

I half agree with this Kamy and in all honesty I have stuck up for our little machine from day 1 however, when I look at my games collection and I have finished them all - then I goto get a new one and there isnt anything - then I look at whats coming - wait till that date and it dosent come - its started to get to me.

Then I look at what the xbox has that could keep me going and then also most of the stuff is also coming out on both machines anyway.

The update thing is just hitting another nail in the coffin.

The faith is here but its faiding.

Cocker i wanted to buy the console, havent done so as of yet, but all the good games seem to be sold out....is there any reason for it?

Cocker i wanted to buy the console, havent done so as of yet, but all the good games seem to be sold out....is there any reason for it?

Where are you looking for the good games - I live on the Isle of Man and so can only speak about the shops here but the other week I went into Woolies and they had out of stock on pretty much everything however, GAME and HMV had full stock of games. Anyway, your always better off ordering them from the tinterweb because they are allot cheaper.

If you do pick up a PS3 I would recommend that your pick up first (in no order)

Call of Duty 4

Resistance Fall of Man

Unchartered

Rainbow 6 Vegas

Motorstorm (yes motorstorm - we who have had it a year are getting sick of it by now however, you show it to someone who hasnt seen it before and watch the smile on their face)

If you want a footy game get FIFA (There isnt a war this time because they have just broken Pro Evo)

Assassins Creed - not everyones cup of Tea - repetitive but should be played IMO. You should be able to pick a second hand one up now.

Enjoy

This would be the 360 which has been having continuous downtime on XBL to the point where XBL customers are getting compensation in the form of "1 free arcade game".

The PS3 might take a while to update, but at least it works.

:lol:

Perhaps the lack of update means a big one is coming? People suggested that they held back the updates and released them in big chunks rather than small pointless ones so perhaps they listened?

Assassins Creed was going for £35 on Wednesday when I bought mine, just finished all the viewpoints of the Poor area of Damascus.

Would be one of my top games if the damn thing had subtitles, and looking on t'interweb it looks like I'm not the only one, there are petitions and things floating around but the developers just couldn't be arsed.

This would be the 360 which has been having continuous downtime on XBL to the point where XBL customers are getting compensation in the form of "1 free arcade game".

The PS3 might take a while to update, but at least it works.

:lol:

Perhaps the lack of update means a big one is coming? People suggested that they held back the updates and released them in big chunks rather than small pointless ones so perhaps they listened?

Assassins Creed was going for £35 on Wednesday when I bought mine, just finished all the viewpoints of the Poor area of Damascus.

Would be one of my top games if the damn thing had subtitles, and looking on t'interweb it looks like I'm not the only one, there are petitions and things floating around but the developers just couldn't be arsed.

The PS3 online service would also have been strained if it had anywhere near the amount of users live has :lol:

If I was paying money to use XBL, I'd like it to work. PSN is free so high quality isn't expected anyway.

As more people buy PS3s and begin to trust Sony a bit more, the user increase will increase. The fact that Blu Ray is dominating the HD DVD/BR market is helping the PS3 to sell.

At the moment, I would think the "console war" is even, perhaps 360 pulls slightly ahead due to XBL, even with all the hardware and connection breakings due to the titles.

However, I think the exclusives the PS3 has this year are going to blow the 360 out of the water unless it has a decent comeback. 360 is winning the battle but I think the PS3 is more stable and will win the "war" in the end.

What war? Why do all Sony fans have to turn things into a "war"?

And "high quality isn't expected anyway", I bet that's not what PS3 users would be saying if 10 million people tried to login and it failed. They'd be up in arms even if it was still free.

All?

As I finished Assassins Creed I took it to swap at GAME. Got £26 for it (they were selling the preowned game for £42 which is amazing when 2 mins away at HMV they had it brand new for £35)

So picked up Unchartered because there wasnt much else I fancied.

Archived