BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Playstation 3

I see that the store has been updated with some games. Just downloading Calling all Cars and a couple of classics Crash Bandicoot (for the mrs) and Wipeout. Not that I will get the chance to play them for a bit :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My missus also wanted Crash

What is it with the chicks and crash? Some that I know always say, oh your playing the playstation what a waste of time.......oh you have crash bandicoot..........stick it on then, I will play that :blink:

Me neither.

Shivering Isles will be added for Oblivion in the future. I hope it isn't a dear do either...

Dude, the amout of time you have spent on Oblivion at the moment surly you could have built your own Island on it :rolleyes:

Spiderman didnt last too long then

I am going to bang on about it some more but I cant reccomend Rainbow six highly enough. I got a good go on it last night and I didnt want to stop playing.

I will probably rent it when Blockbuster ever get round to getting PS3 games in for rent.

Been playing Oblivion loads - the best decision I made was swapping Medal of Honour...

In fact, I am going to put it on now - getting withdrawals!

Maybe I will have a break later and play calling all cars.

If I could be bothered I would post in the PS3 v Xbox thread but the argument bores me now. The proof the PS3 is better is that all the kids round here have the Xbox 360 and are jealous of me...

PS- Up in the wee hours, eh? Don't worry, it gets easier despite the doomsday merchants saying otherwise...

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone clear something up for me. I have been looking forward to a game coming out called Warhawk. Up until now I thought that this game was download only through the Playstation store however, browsing new games on play I see that you can buy a copy on there?

Anyone know whats going on?

Yes. For some reason it will be downloadable and purchasable from stores in blu ray form. Not sure why, nor do the games mags...

Seems a bit pointless to me, though it looks a good game.

Well, if its the same game then surly it should be cheaper just to download it as you dont have all of the packaging (though I doubt it). I reckon the download will be HUGE

When are PS3 going to release a load of games?? Im getting bored of waiting for new titles! Where are all the footy games and formula 1 2007 etc?!

They will release the footy games as normal around Sept/Oct. Just wait, in the coming months your not going to have enough money to buy all of the top games that are coming out for it (not that I know how much money you have of course :rolleyes: )

EDIT: Just downloaded and played The Darkness. Not really sure about this one at all. The controls are a bit all over the place for me and when you start crawling up and down walls it makes me feel a bit sick.

Think I will stay away from this one

Just bought the Darkness on Friday. Know what you mean about feeling a bit queasy. I normally don't feel that way even when playing FPS. The controls do take a bit of getting used to and funnily enough you can invert the Y axis but not the X. However having said that it's a fun game with a good story and I'm just glad to be playing a PS3 game on the PS3.

Just bought the Darkness on Friday. Know what you mean about feeling a bit queasy. I normally don't feel that way even when playing FPS. The controls do take a bit of getting used to and funnily enough you can invert the Y axis but not the X. However having said that it's a fun game with a good story and I'm just glad to be playing a PS3 game on the PS3.

I have only played the downloadable demo but I felt some times like - what the hell should I be doing now. There was one bit where you start off in a street and there is like a compound sealed off by a wall and a gate. I killed all the guys behind the gate by shooting them and turning into the crawler thing but then I wandered round for about 10 mins not knowing what to do next. Finally by accident I found that the right alien arm thing could pick up crates. So I picked it up and put it infront of the gate to jump onto to climb over the wall - that didnt work. At last by accident I found that you could pick it up and walk at the gate and the gate would just open.

Let me know how you find the main game though :tu:

Guest Kamy100

New Firmware Out Tomorrow:

Ability to rearrange games on the XMB

Option menu now includes "eject disk"

Press triangle to eject games/CDs/movies in the XMB

XMB backgrounds

Change the folder classification

Emoticons

Change CD output to 44.1/88.2/176.4kHz

Force 24Hz output for Blu-ray over HDMI

Change PS3 video settings in-game

"Bit Mapping" in the "Music Setting"

Save AVCHD type animations from a Memory Stick

Change settings like upscaling while playing PS and PS2 games

Add bookmarks

Web browser security function in the browser's tool section

Avatar moves during audio visual chat

Guest Kamy100
I recommend watching all of this. It does look good if not a little complicated.

Click

Cheers for that mate, looks a bit complicated but have to say judging by that it is going to be awesome.

Archived