BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lars

Today Denmark won AGAIN! Zlatan Ibrahimovic, one of the worlds best strikers, who scored in his first 5 games for Bacelona, had no chance. Our LARS JACOBSEN destroyed him. easy !

Don't think there is any doubt that every Rovers supporter wondered why we were signing someone Everton obviously could not wait to be rid of. Since then Lars has exceeded all expectations and has proved, after the likes of Nelsen and Freidel, another fantastic free transfer for Rovers.

On the one hand, bringing in Jacobsen, N'Zonzi and Chimbonda this season alongside Diouf and Givet last for a small outlay, while also holding out for £18m on Roque, is a fantastic record in the transfer market. On the other, letting Warnock go for a pittance and bringing in Kalinic and Salgado for big money looks a pretty shocking set of decisions.

Quite a mixed start thus far for Sam, then!

I'll agree with you about Salgado TCJ, not so sure about Kalinic as I still think he may come good. His goal scoring record is excellent. Just think he needs time to settle. He's a young lad away from his home country for the first time, he doesnt speak much English so it's bound to take a while to adjust.

The Salgado signing is an odd one, Surely Sam had seen enough of Jacobsen in training to know that he was going to be first choice right back. We have Reid, Andrews, Chimbonda and Emerton who can also all play there so it does seem a very odd signing.

I'll agree with you about Salgado TCJ, not so sure about Kalinic as I still think he may come good. His goal scoring record is excellent. Just think he needs time to settle. He's a young lad away from his home country for the first time, he doesnt speak much English so it's bound to take a while to adjust.

The Salgado signing is an odd one, Surely Sam had seen enough of Jacobsen in training to know that he was going to be first choice right back. We have Reid, Andrews, Chimbonda and Emerton who can also all play there so it does seem a very odd signing.

One he really wanted though. Apparently once he heard he was available he pulled out all the stops and stopped thinking of any other possible signings.

I would just like to echo some of the comments made.I think he has been excellent since he joined,and personally thought he was hard done by when Sam decided to drop him to put Salgado in for his nightmare debut.

Thankfully Sam had the sense to realise he had dropped a clanger and returned him to the first team.If he carries on his form and stays fit for the season,i think he is in with a shout for player of the season!

As for Salgado,i wouldn`t write him off yet.You don`t spend 10 years at a club like Real Madrid without having something about you.I just think he didn`t realise how hard the league is to play in,and like Kalinic,will need a few months to settle.But i think everyone can see he brings leadership qualities to the squad and that looks to be something we haven`t really had a lot of in recent years.

Don't think there is any doubt that every Rovers supporter wondered why we were signing someone Everton obviously could not wait to be rid of. Since then Lars has exceeded all expectations and has proved, after the likes of Nelsen and Freidel, another fantastic free transfer for Rovers.

Which completely validates the much criticised tight fisted policy of the board regarding transfer fees. Especially after most of our big money signings have either been duds or very costly in wages. The list is even more impressive if we considered all signings up to £1m.

Don't think there is any doubt that every Rovers supporter wondered why we were signing someone Everton obviously could not wait to be rid of.

Not quite true...Everton offered him a new one year deal but he came to us as he wanted some stability and we offered him a two year deal. I read some of the Everton forums when we signed him and most thought he was far better than Hibbert...although that's not very difficult to be truthful.

Yeah that's fair enough, what you say about Kalinic. He could well be a star come next season. But for a club like us to spend £6.5m on a player, you'd expect an immediate impact really, especially when it looks as though we might be in a relegation scrap.

For me, it's not so much that we brought in Salgado, despite already having numerous options at RB, but more that it would appear we moved Warnock, one of our most consistent performers over the last few seasons and probably our second best player, on in order to finance the deal. And we got an absolute pittance for him too.

Today Denmark won AGAIN! Zlatan Ibrahimovic, one of the worlds best strikers, who scored in his first 5 games for Bacelona, had no chance. Our LARS JACOBSEN destroyed him. easy !

Ahem, no. Anyone who watched that game could see that it was the other way around. Ibrahimovic won every single duel with Danish players, including Jacobsen. Still, there are few strikers that are harder to face than him, and Jacobsen had a good game otherwise.

Archived